Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Oh, my goodness, Petite, your story made me tear up a little. Good for you!

My 2011 goals are all fairly small. I want to jog 100 miles. I want to work out consistently. I want to weigh 125 lbs. by Valentine's Day. I want to progress with my weight lifting and start using 9 lb. dumbbells as my heavy weights (I'm at 8 right now).

Once I reach those goals, I'll make new ones and so on and so on. I've been pretty good about working out every day in the new year, and I'm still at 130. I didn't expect to lose before the holidays were over, so I'm glad I didn't gain! I'll tell you, though, as the queen of the seemingly endless plateaus, I am SO READY to see the 120s, it's not even funny!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Petite - What an amazing victory. I hope you completely relish in your accomplishments and enjoy the beautiful body that you have worked so hard for. Enjoying something that you've worked hard for makes it that much more special. Congratulations!

Neuro - You are doing SO great! I cant believe you are down to 125 (The 128 - I am sure it is mostly water weight)! That is amazing!! You are great motivation. I can only hope to be at that weight by Valentines Day

Kat - Great goals! I need to do something of the sort. I have never written down new years resolutions. Maybe thats why Ive never been able to stick with them? I like your 100 mile goal. Maybe Ill do something similar..

It is absolutely incredible to see how easy it really is to go back to old habits and old weight. It really goes to show you that it HAS to be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. I think I have officially gained about 4 pounds. No not water weight, 4 pounds of solid fat. Ek! That makes me sick!

Needless to say, my next short term goal is to be at 128.8 by the time I leave for my friends road trip birthday (Jan 14). Do you think its possible? I am currently 132.8 but I have a feeling about .5-1 of those pounds is water/back up. Not sure though. And I FULLY plan on eating healthy while on the roadtrip. Something I have never been able to do - eat healthy on a vacation. I really want to get to goal by Spring Break. I cannot mess up! 118 HERE I COME!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone hear from Amy latley? Hope all is well with her too!

Happy Tuesday!!

Last edited by Dianne042425; 01-04-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #18  

Height: 5'3

Good morning feathers! You're all doing so well!!!!! Woohoo!

I'm still sitting at 130-132. Donuts.

Back on plan and everyones at school/work but the 2 year old. Should be an easy week and hopefully, back on a normal schedule it'll be easy to undo the damage.

Have a good day!
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
I'm still sitting at 130-132. Donuts.
Changed, this made me giggle because I couldn't tell if you were using "donuts" as a curse word, like "I'm still sitting here, gosh darn it!" or you were attributing your weight stasis to donut consumption.

I had popped up to 131 yesterday morning but am back down to 130 today, and I swear it's because I made a better lunch choice yesterday. I usually have something leafy and small salad-wise, but on Monday I caved and had some pasta salad with creamy dressing. Bad idea, since I think that got reflected on the scale. Yesterday, however, I opted for vegetarian sushi and green tea instead, and bam, better results today! Such a small thing, but when we're trying so hard for small results consistently, every little thing we put into our mouths matters!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #20  

Height: 5'3

lol I wish it were a curse word but no, it was donuts that did this to me. God, I love donuts.

I'm thinking of going back on WW. I was thinking about all this dieting stuff yesterday and it occured to me that I've never stopped and gained it all back like I did this time. Is that the fast 5 or prednosone? Who knows but it's not sitting well with me at all. So, this morning it's oatmeal and coffee for me.

PetitePowerhouse- That's really pretty amazing. Congrats on all the hard work!
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 137/130/119

Height: 5'4''

After 10 days on Weight Watchers I've lost all the holiday weight and then some! Whoop!

Of course I haven't really been dining out or drinking too much wine so I'm sure the weight loss will slow down over the next couple of weeks. But I definitely plan to keep journaling and staying within my points. I haven't been eating too many of the 'weekly' points, so I'm sure that's why my loss was so high. This week I'm planning on some indulgences so it will be interesting to see what happens. But I'm definitely motivated.

Ainsley and I have a little cold right now so no gym today. I plan to do a yoga routine off of the on-demand menu.

Happy Wednesday everybody!
ainsleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Happy Wednesday Feathers!

Changed - I am a DONUTAHOLIC!! I love them too. Oh I need to stop thinking about them because I might go binge on some

As I suspected, I still had some water weight from the Holidays. Down to 130.8 this morning from 133.8 two days ago. Unless I magically got a speedy metabolism and lost 3 pounds in 2 days, my bets are on water weight

I'm really motivated to get to goal of 118 by Spring Break (mid March). That is about 10 weeks. Pretty tough goal but still attainable. Thats about 1.3 pds a week. I did the math and that means I have to burn an extra 650 calories a day. That would work perfect if I could stay on plan 100%. (I have about a 700 deficit of cals on on-plan days). But we all know how hard it is to stay 100% on plan for 10 weeks! Only time will tell.

The remarkable thing is, our weight loss is in our hands! WE can choose to get to goal!

Have a great day feathers!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

hi everyone, i'm joining this thread. i've posted in the 20somethings a lot, but really relate to this one too. my new years goals are to get to my goal weight of about 120-125. i've never been that small as an adult so i hope when i get there i am happy with the way my body looks. my huge goal is to wear a binkini this summer and feel great. i want to be at my goal weight by april, but i'm sure i will need to continue to work on toning.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Well my weight appears to have gone back up although I still feel a lot of it is bloating and I also don't think gaining 3lbs in pure bloat is all that normal. I am back on plan for the most part with a few little cheats here and there but as of this week I am going to be back at the gym 5 days a week.

I really need to focus if I want to meet my next goal I would really like to have lost 20lbs by February but I will be happy with 17 we shall se what happens.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 168 / 168 / 130

Height: 5.6

Through the holidays I did better than most but when it came to my birthday on Dec 31st, I was back up to 150 I hope this is mostly water weight.

Goals/Resolutions for this year are to:
1) Continue to Run 3-4 times a week
2) Train for a 10k run
3) Get to my goal weight of 135 (of course)
4)
SweetyKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #26  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

starting today i'm upping my cardio to twice daily at 25-30 min. so around 60 min a day 7x a week...hopefully ill shift these 10-15 lbs by vday!!!!!))) so excited!!
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Ashley: Don't forget to incorporate weight training. All cardio and no resistance training makes it much easier for your body to gain weight when you go back to a more regular exercise plan. Free weights or even using your own body weight with things like squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups and bench dips are great for this.

I have been having an off day I am having a really difficult time getting myself back on track after the holidays. Prior to Christmas I was very dedicated and had such great will power I amazed myself right now I am struggling to even make it to the gym. Blah, I just feel so unmotivated right now.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #28  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Veela, my weight can bounce up by 3 pounds just from morning until night, based on the weight of my food and water. It can go up that much the next 2 days from a heavy bout of weight lifting, or from one of my frequent bouts of constipation. "Bloat" is a constant bane of my dieting existence, so in my opinion it's totally "normal" (though highly irritating).

And speaking of bloat, I was back down to 125(.2) this morning post-Toronto, so I'm finally back to pre-holiday weight. Like the rest of you, I have renewed determination to make it to goal sometime in this lifetime, or by Valentine's Day, whichever comes first :>)
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #29  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Hi feathers! I've returned from my vacation in one piece. It was more than just a trip, it was a total vacation from my real life which meant reverting to my "before" lifestyle - smoking, eating crap (we're talking probably 3000 calories a day "crap"), and being lazy and inactive. I'm more than ready to get back into the swing of things with eating and moving.

It's too early to tell but I think I have gained maybe 3-4 lbs, which is no surprise considering I matched my twiggy magic-metabolism male friend bite for bite. Wouldn't you know it, I'm so obsessed with eating and food that I actually felt tremendous romantic attraction toward him simply because he's such a foodie. Every day he'd lay out loaves and loaves of bread with tons of kinds of cheese, chocolate spread, cooked eggs, fruit, yogurt and meats on the kitchen table for breakfast and then he'd eat probably 1500-2000 calories' worth.

Petite, neurodoc
- congrats on your bikini victories. It's really encouraging and totally warms the heart reading about your successes.

Dianne I'm so glad you're alive and you came back! I totally backslid too and I agree on your point about how easy it is to revert to old habits.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #30  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela View Post
Ashley: Don't forget to incorporate weight training. All cardio and no resistance training makes it much easier for your body to gain weight when you go back to a more regular exercise plan. Free weights or even using your own body weight with things like squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups and bench dips are great for this.

I have been having an off day I am having a really difficult time getting myself back on track after the holidays. Prior to Christmas I was very dedicated and had such great will power I amazed myself right now I am struggling to even make it to the gym. Blah, I just feel so unmotivated right now.
thanks Veela I always do weights w/ cardio. i do alot of circuit training! thanks for the tips!
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote