Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
I was doing bikram yoga occasionally. there is a studio by my house that ALWAYS has classes offered. I always found the harsh teaching method unpleasant but around Thanksgiving got pretty into it and went 4 days in a row. On the 4th day, I had a class with the studio director and he tormented me throughout the entire session. He told me I had to learn to be stronger and take it (his crap, not the yoga) in order to learn to deal with my life. I haven't been back since... I was really upset as I was FINALLY starting to really get into it, after going occasionally for over a year and thinking, eh, this sucks. I left the class feeling like a big fat failure and practically in tears. Which was sad, because I am actually quite good at yoga and have done other styles for years and can do almost all the advanced poses.

I didn't go enough to see my body change, has it really been helping you? How often do you go? Everyone in the class was so buff, but I am not sure if it was the yoga, or just that it attracts that type of person.
I've been going for around 2 months now and try to go 4-5 times a week. Everyone has said my legs are looking more toned and they can tell I have lost weight. It has been the only workout I have been doing and has caused my weight to go from 160-145.

We have a great teacher. Some days I feel like I get corrected all the time and others she rarely says my name. I've been lacking in the self confidence department lately, so some days its harder to take than others. If anything yoga has taught me is some days you will be held accountable and critisized but all you can do it take a deep breathe and let it go.

I didn't think I would believe all the "healing powers" of yoga, and sometimes finding my self laughing at the instructor when they say, "you are massaging my descending colon". But I will say I sleep like a baby now, have less headaches, drink a ton more water, and find myself done eating way before I normally do.

Finally made it back to hot yoga last night and my body felt old and wobbly. I hope to make it back tonight. I need to get back to it, since I stuffed my face during the holidays! I mean to tell you I sat on the couch and ate an entire container of mini cheesecakes. Didn't feel guilty for one second!
lacroixjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #92  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

morning ladies! i weighed 140.8 again today i'm going to change my ticker! how is everyone else doing!? i cannot WAIT to get to 13_... I bought my first pair of 3's last night at goody's. I am so excited. Of course they are tight, but they button and go over my butt. i'm ecstatic!!!!!!!
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #93  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroixjunkie View Post
I've been going for around 2 months now and try to go 4-5 times a week. Everyone has said my legs are looking more toned and they can tell I have lost weight. It has been the only workout I have been doing and has caused my weight to go from 160-145.

We have a great teacher. Some days I feel like I get corrected all the time and others she rarely says my name. I've been lacking in the self confidence department lately, so some days its harder to take than others. If anything yoga has taught me is some days you will be held accountable and critisized but all you can do it take a deep breathe and let it go.

I didn't think I would believe all the "healing powers" of yoga, and sometimes finding my self laughing at the instructor when they say, "you are massaging my descending colon". But I will say I sleep like a baby now, have less headaches, drink a ton more water, and find myself done eating way before I normally do.

Finally made it back to hot yoga last night and my body felt old and wobbly. I hope to make it back tonight. I need to get back to it, since I stuffed my face during the holidays! I mean to tell you I sat on the couch and ate an entire container of mini cheesecakes. Didn't feel guilty for one second!

Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats on the weight loss. Did you count calories or the yoga just made you want to eat less?
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #94  

Quote:
Wow, that's fantastic! Congrats on the weight loss. Did you count calories or the yoga just made you want to eat less?
I didn't really watch what I eat, but something inside of me caused me to actually eat a couple bites of chocolate cake and then put my fork down?! I didn't think that was humanly possible!

I'm still at 145. I weight myself every morning. Last night I went for a walk instead of working out. I can't get the damn scale to budge!!! Maybe I should stand on one foot?

crazybeautifulkittie: that's my motto, too! i thought i was the only one!
lacroixjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:33 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

Hot yoga? That sounds really interesting....
I'm sure they don't have it at my local YMCA, but I would love to try it.
What gyms do you know of offer hot yoga?

Sadly, today I weighed 142 on the scale... I had an issue with another binge afternoon.... nono:

Last edited by totsandfries; 01-06-2011 at 03:35 AM.
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #96  

140.2 this morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #97  
Yogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsandfries View Post
Hot yoga? That sounds really interesting....
I'm sure they don't have it at my local YMCA, but I would love to try it.
What gyms do you know of offer hot yoga?

Sadly, today I weighed 142 on the scale... I had an issue with another binge afternoon.... nono:
They don't offer it at any gyms by me, I attend a yoga studio specific to bikram yoga (which is one of the most popular forms of hot yoga). The room has a heated floor which keeps it at 105 degrees F. Some hot yoga is cooler than this, but bikram is kept specifically at this temperature.

You can search of bikram studios here, but as I said above, hot yoga is just any yoga in a heated room and not as specific as bikram, so not all hot studios will show up, only bikram specific ones. Gee, that's confusing to explain! lol.

http://www.bikramyoga.com/studioLocator.php
Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #98  
Yogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley89 View Post
140.2 this morning ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's awesome! After several days at 139.4, I've been back up to 140.2. Not changing my ticker quite yet, but still floating right around 140.0.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #99  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Hello,

I never really posted in the Feather weights forum before, but I think this is a great place for me to post this question. I will ask you as well as the featherweights that are in the 130's.

I am just trying to figure out what has been working for everyone.

What type of plan are you following? Calorie counting, low carb, weight watchers?

Do you cut off your meals early in the evening?

Are you exercising? If so, how much?

I guess I just want to know what's been working for everyone.

As for myself, I lost a huge chunk of my weight low carbing - 45+ pounds

..and then once I plateaued I switched over to fat smash and lost more.
Now, I calorie count with fat smash foods and exercise a ton. For me, It just seems like I always have to keep trying new things to get the weight moving. But the key is - find what is going to work NEXT. It takes me a while to get my body in the "weightloss" mode, but when I am there - I can feel it. Its kind of hard to explain, but I can just feel when my body is starting to really drop weight.. its an unexplainable "light" feeling that I get.

I'm looking for it again right now actually.

I was just curious to see what works for everyone. I'm in the upper 140's but some of you are in the lower 140's. --- How did you do it? I just dont want to stay in this 10-pound range much longer!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #100  
Yogini

What type of plan are you following? Calorie counting, low carb, weight watchers?

Calorie counting, although I've been on a break lately. I try to stick to 1500 per day.

Yes, I don't eat after dinner and most nights go to bed hungry.

I do yoga twice a week, although I am trying to transition over to running twice a week. I walk at least 2 miles a day.

What is fat smash?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #101  

Calorie Counting. I used this calculator online, and it said to eat 1200-1250 cals a day to loose 18 lbs in 2 months. So i follow on with that.

Yes. Mostly i eat before 6. Sometimes it may be 730 or 745 Occasionally. But i usually dont fall asleep til around 1:00. That being said, i usually go to bed hungry because i eat lightly for dinner (eating biggest meal of day for lunch).

I started out with 25 mins of cardio 7x a week. Been doing that for Four weeks. On the 5th, i upped it to (2) 30-35 min sessions of cardio daily. I do circuit training so it involves cardio, strength, and abdominals. That way im getting the most i can get out of my workouts. I won't lie, the 2 sessions a day is harder, BUT i can definately tell its going to blast this fat off!

WEIGHED IN AT 139.6 this morning!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

i had just been doing very low carbs- like around 35 a day. i did my own version of atkins/southbeach. i didn't measure anything and ate when i was hungry until i was full. i lost, but it was slow and i was working out a ton. as i get lower it gets harder. now i'm trying calorie counting, but still trying to stick to lower carbs. i'm eating 80ish carbs a day, but the carbs are coming from healthy whole grains, legumes, some fruits and veggies. i do very low sugar too. i'm trying to stay under 1300 calories, even though it says on my workout days i can go up to 1700. that just seems way too high for me.

i have horrible snacking urges at night. i try to drink tea and water to combat them, but alas they usually win. i'll eat sugar free jello, a square of dark choc or string cheese. i need to work on my snacking- those urges have been bad lately. what does help is for me to just go upstairs and turn the lights off in the kitchen.

i exercise 6-7x a week. always some type of cardio, atleast 30min- usually 45-60min. i need to do more weights, i do notice that helps with losing inches.
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #103  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Quote:

Calorie counting, although I've been on a break lately. I try to stick to 1500 per day.

Yes, I don't eat after dinner and most nights go to bed hungry.

I do yoga twice a week, although I am trying to transition over to running twice a week. I walk at least 2 miles a day.

What is fat smash?
Fat Smash is the plan that Dr. Ian (the guy from Celebrity Fit Club) wrote. He has 3 books: Fat Smash, Extreme Fat Smash, and the 4 day diet (I believe)

Pretty much low fat dieting... but works great.

You know what?? I swear that cutting your meals off early really does the trick! It seems like that is when I lose the best. Unfortunately it doesnt help with my insomnia but it most definitely works with weightloss. I swear, I think thats the biggest thing for me. I try to cut off my meals by 7. I need to stick with that or maybe even a tad earlier!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #104  

i think its safe to move to the other thread now 139.4 this morning.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #105  
Yogini

Congrats Ashley - I'll be over there hopefully in a few days!

I was 139.8 yesterday and 140.2 this morning. Sigh. Still bouncing around a lot around 140. I am going to wait a bit to go to the 130 thread.