3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Anyone trying to get out of the 140s?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #16
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

I've decided to stop weighing myself everyday, at least for the time being, and just do a weekly weigh-in on Saturdays. It's just so disheartening and sometimes ruins my day (which it shouldn't, I know).

Starting today I'm cutting out all bread, rice, pasta and refined sugar. I've been cutting most things out anyway, but still eating things like whole grain bread, oatmeal, the occasional bit of rice. But I'm gonna try being very strict with myself for a few weeks, see if it helps. It might just end up driving me crazy, but hopefully I won't let it get to the point where I do an all-out binge.

I hate the 140s... it's definitely where I start to see bulges and jiggles and muffin tops, and where my clothes stop fitting altogether. Yuck!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #17
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I'm with ya Chicken nugget.

140 is definitely where I start thinking, ugh, I feel fat. In the 130's, where I used to feel this way, I think now I look pretty good (or at least a year and a half ago when I was about 134. I remember seeing pics of myself from this time and thinking, I don't need to lose weight/I look pretty good, etc.

I was weighing weekly to bimonthly and it was nice to see the scale moving. I too am one of those people who will be in a bad mood if up 2 lbs one morning. Last week I weighed every day just to see the same number give or take a 1/2 lb. This morning I forgot to weigh (I'd already started eating when I remembered) and I might just wait until Thursday to see where I am at.

I've been pretty on plan to 1500 calories since Nov 1st and no movement in the scale other than a slight dip from 143 to 142. I am starting to FEEL thinner though, if that makes any sense. I think the scale has got to move soon. Perhaps I am just retaining water (my ring is beyond tight).

Have a great week everyone!

Takecharge - I don't have any great wisdom so hoping others will chime in. I guess my biggest thing I think of it I am doing this for my health and that's the most important thing, not the weight loss.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #18

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Wink Even "140" would be relief

Hi everyone!

It (seems like it) was ONLY a few weeks ago, my friend was lamenting her inability to see the scale under 140. I felt the "alert flag" go up as I had just stepped off the scale at 139 that morning.

Today, I'm at 151 To realize I've gained 12 pounds in a few weeks is alarming. I don't ever want to go back to carrying over 180 pounds on my 5'4" frame again.

Glad to see these threads - though I had to chuckle at the thought of considering myself as a "featherweight" after today's scale reading. I can't discuss my concerns with many folks around me. They have already expressed losing 15 pounds is no big deal. My past success in reaching goal weight (actually a bit more; saw 129 for about 2 weeks) was not sustainable. I am trying Calorie Counting as I find it's important for me to measure what I eat daily.

So, maybe in another week or so, I'll be able to post to this thread from the 140 location, asking for support to continue on -- back to the 130's

Jean
Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #19

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl126 View Post
Every post in this thread has something that I could quote and say, "that sounds just like me!"

Oh my goodness! Cheryl126, my jaw dropped when I read this. My EXACT thoughts upon reading the posts in this thread. I am feeling motivated by what everyone has shared.

Jean
Old 11-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #20
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I'm currently at 140.8. HOPEFULLY
I'll have a good day and see 139
tomorrow! I saw it once before
on Friday when I reached 139.4, but
I got completely thrown off over
the weekend.

SW: 200 lbs (9/1/14)
CW: 197.4 lbs (9/27/14)
GW1: 189.9 lbs

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back." -Phillips Brooks

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #21
Yogini

Welcome readytobethinna!

Ciao, hope you see the 130s soon. I was still 142 this morning but my ring is finally back to being loose tonight (it was super tight for the past 3 days!) Here's to hope of seeing 141 tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #22
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

I'm doing pretty well so far with my low-carb eating. Of course, I usually do well during the week... it's the weekENDS that are difficult.

I'm having trouble remembering to drink enough water. I am for 2liters a day. I'm thinking of getting one of those Nalgene bottles that hold 1L.

Now I'm trying to motivate myself to go for a night run. It's 8pm, pitch-dark and cold outside, and very, very hard to get myself going.

Does anyone else work out when it's super dark out? How do you motivate yourselves? Sometimes just being on this forum helps me to get going...

Wildflower - Please keep going! I know you are going to have a loss soon... and I really really want you to. You've been working so hard not to! We need to stick this plateau out together...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #23
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
Welcome readytobethinna!

Ciao, hope you see the 130s soon. I was still 142 this morning but my ring is finally back to being loose tonight (it was super tight for the past 3 days!) Here's to hope of seeing 141 tomorrow!

Thanks! Good luck to you!

I'm at 140.0 as of this morning.
Sooooo close!

SW: 200 lbs (9/1/14)
CW: 197.4 lbs (9/27/14)
GW1: 189.9 lbs

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back." -Phillips Brooks

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #24
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Well I was at 144 a few weeks ago and then up to 151. But weighed in this morning at 147 so there is hope for me yet. My final goal is to be 135 so hope to make it to 140 by Christmas and then 135 after that!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #25
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

chicken, did you make it out for your run?

Ciao, you're so close! I can't wait until I'm on the edge! I keep wondering what it will be like when I'm in the 130's, 120's. Oooo I can't wait, I feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning!!!

Mitza, that's awesome you caught it before it went up higher. Why is it so hard to lose and so easy to gain!? Keep it up!

I weighed in at 142.8 this morning and am THRILLED. This weight training (NRWL) is really moving things along fast. It feels like I"m losing much more quickly now, and it's great, because I'm hardly ever at the gym, so I'm less likely to get sick and I have more time to clean and keep my house organized The only tradeoff is it takes me a good 4-5 days to recover and I'm in so much pain. It kills just to sit on the toilet! And when it gets better, I wreck my body with another work out, but they only take 20-30 minutes!

CC'ing/IF back to maintenance weight

Last edited by pinkflower : 11-17-2010 at 10:48 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #26

Thanks Wildflower! I'm going to stick around. You've all got me hopeful that the 150s are fading as I type

Chicken, drinking buckets of water helped me greatly when I kissed the 180s "bye bye." I use a glass decanter (holds 64 oz), fill it up and just ensure that it's done by the time I get to sleep. Sometimes, I'll jazz it up with some Tru-Lemon/Tru-Lemon. And concerning motivation to work out at night, I read threads on 3FC. Only one of my friends has any interest in fitness. Whenever I read one of her emails, that also inspires me to throw in a workout DVD.

Have a great day everyone!

Jean
Old 11-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #27
Yogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickennugget126 View Post
Wildflower - Please keep going! I know you are going to have a loss soon... and I really really want you to. You've been working so hard not to! We need to stick this plateau out together...

You are so sweet!

The scale FINALLY moved this morning. Oh my goodness, I was thinking it was broken. lol. Not much of a move, I was down from 142.8 to 141.6. About a pound loss, and hopefully wasn't just dehydration or something. Seeing as how I have been EXACTLY 142.8 for days I am guessing it's at least partially real.

Anywho...This month is soooo much slower than I would have guessed. I thought I'd be at 136 by the end of the month, now I will be happy to see 139. I am going to try and up my exercise which will hopefully help.

Does anyone know, I've heard mention here that exercise can cause water retention due to fatigued muscles, and therefore it might look like a gain on the scale. Is this accurate? Anyone know more information about this?

Going to try to get out for a run at lunch today. It looks a bit cold out there but I hate wasting time driving to the gym. I haven't run since August, so wish my luck that I can still do it. LOL. I plan to start small, maybe 10-20 minutes.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #28
Yogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
chicken, did you make it out for your run?
I weighed in at 142.8 this morning and am THRILLED. This weight training (NRWL) is really moving things along fast. It feels like I"m losing much more quickly now, and it's great, because I'm hardly ever at the gym, so I'm less likely to get sick and I have more time to clean and keep my house organized The only tradeoff is it takes me a good 4-5 days to recover and I'm in so much pain. It kills just to sit on the toilet! And when it gets better, I wreck my body with another work out, but they only take 20-30 minutes!
I am really intrested in doing the NRWL. I have been weight lifting on and off since I was 14 years old (I started doing it as part of my training for competitive swimming). It was always by far my favorite type of exercise and I found I was able to lose weight by doing it just twice a week combined with watching what I ate.

But....since I moved and joined a gym a year ago, I hate doing weights there. The weights area is super crowded with men, the machines are in no particular order and most of them are just the same machine in 3-4 different places. I think there are mabye 5 different machines to do. I know how to free lift and use free weights to some extent, but I would love a refresher/guidence. You'll have to let me know how this goes...I might just order the book.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 AM   #29
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

wildflower, I'm so glad to hear the scale moved!!

I can already feel a difference and I'm only a few weeks in. I cannot believe the difference it's made especially in my yoga practice, and day to day activities. Just picking things up, my stamina, everything has improved so dramatically it's startling! It's almost too good to be true, and they're just simple quick efficient exercises that work you out head to toe. I can't wait to see what the rest of the program brings. I checked the book out from the library and instantly bought it. I think it's totally worth braving the boys. I was so intimidated, but I just did it, and am so glad. I get nothing but approving nods!

CC'ing/IF back to maintenance weight
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
Yogini

Thanks pinkflower! Hope it's not back up again tomorrow, but we'll see.

Does the NRWL program require 2 or 3 days a week? And it really only takes 30 minutes? I am looking for something I could fit in over my lunch break.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.