Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

After this weekend I really might be a bit farther away than my ticker makes it seem! Hahah I don't really know how I chose my goal weight. My lowest weight I can remember is 120 and I know at that weight I still wanted to lose more so I just put that.. When I get closer I guess I can adjust it to whatever feels right
Old 11-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #32  

I bought a new scale and tried it out this morning.. First I weighed myself on the old (not a digital) scale & it was what I thought it would be, so around 130-131... Next I got on my new digital scale and 135.5 !!!!!! I'm so bummed and confused.. I want to use the digital one but that's higher than even my starting weight from my other scale?! Confused.. What would you guys do?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #33  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Molldoll, it's so weird that that's happening! That's why I'm deathly afraid to use a different scale...I even bring my digital one with me when I travel. I'm not sure what I'd do in your case, though. While I trust digital scales more, you've been using the other one and all your other weights are based off of that one.

Ok, I'm excited because I weighed in at 130.0 this morning!! What a tease though...the scale couldn't give me that 0.1 to get out of the 130s Maybe tomorrow!!

Let's keep it going, ladies! We're all so close.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #34  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molldoll View Post
I bought a new scale and tried it out this morning.. First I weighed myself on the old (not a digital) scale & it was what I thought it would be, so around 130-131... Next I got on my new digital scale and 135.5 !!!!!! I'm so bummed and confused.. I want to use the digital one but that's higher than even my starting weight from my other scale?! Confused.. What would you guys do?
I had the opposite when I was staying at a friend's house for a while - her scale weighs me a few pounds lower, so I was elated. Then when I got back to my own I immediately packed on a few. Sorta like when you weigh at the doctor's office and they write a number in your permanent record that's like 8 or 9 lbs more than what you actually weigh!

I know it's discouraging to see a higher number on the scale! But... You don't look any different and your clothes don't fit differently because of the new scale. You know you didn't gain 4-5+ lbs in a day. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but I think I would start again with the new number on the new scale that you will probably use for a long, long time (mine has been in use at least six years and counting).

Is there any chance the new scale is weighing you high and if you exchanged it for another you'd be more in the range of your old one? Or do you think your old one was weighing low all this time? The only way to know is to find a scale you can trust and compare.

Also, if you are not already doing this, I highly recommend you get your body fat analyzed and take your measurements so you can have other metrics to follow in addition to weight. It has helped me so much when the stupid scale was torturing me.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:49 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

For me, the number on the scale is not that significant. I find that how my clothes fit and the old reliable measuring tape is also is pretty good way to measure weight loss progress. My son is working on losing weight also and his favorite and really only measure is the notch on belt. Right now, he is very pleased because it is nearly time to buy a new, smaller belt.

Last edited by TERAPET; 11-23-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 134.4/149/114

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Up dammit

I had been trying to limit myself to weekly weighins since I have found that if the scales goes up when I think it should be down I go into a tailspin ... so anyway this past week I also have been doing an Atkins type no carbs but no holds barred on the proteins and fat and now see I have gained .8 pounds. Must be the non-stop Brie and Brazil nuts. One good thing: I have broken the carb cravings.

I just have to get through today (Thanksgiving). I'm very thankful this is not at my house and there will be no leftovers. My plan is to allow myself a very small portion of potatoes and stuffing (basically a taste) since I'm afraid if I totally deny myself any it will boomerang into a binge. Focus more on the turkey and the broccoli rabe & sausage that DH is making. As for dessert I made the dessert: a chocolate tort that is almost pure chocolate (dark) and heavy cream and since I do not really like chocolate (thank God) I can have a bite or two and then be done with it. I'm also thankful that the other guests usually do not bring tempting (as in homemade) desserts but more along the lines of supermarket bakery items that are much easier to pass by (unless of course one is on an eat-as-much-of-anything-sweet-no-matter-how-crappy-it-tastes binge). As for drinks I am bringing a very spicy Bloody Mary mix and will maybe add a splash of vodka. Got to steer clear of more than one glass of wine.

As soon as the sun is up I am going for a run and then a little Pilates and stretching at home.

My goal after today (am almost afraid to say this) but under 130 by Christmas. Maybe more realistic to say: no more sweets until Christmas, no more bread, rice or pasta until Christmas, limit on nuts (how much? say 22 almonds a day), ok, give up wine & booze for Advent (that's a toughie but do-able) and daily exercise, minimum one hour.

And I am going back to daily weigh-ins I just need to not freak out when it goes up even though I've been on program.

Good luck to myself and everyone else who is struggling at this time of year!!

Last edited by TinyDancer; 11-25-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #37  

I weighed in at 128.4 this morning!! I'm not so sure if I'll still be out of the 130s because of Thanksgiving tonight, so I'll probably have to stick around here a bit longer.

TinyDancer, I think that goal is very realistic! Go for it!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #38  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Great job, LillyLover!!!

Well! I'm back from my maintenance hiatus. It was nice and all (and, OK, I'm a little higher than 132... no biggie.) But I think that I want to try to lose more. I'm going to keep the 125 goal for now, and just kind of play it by ear every 5 pounds or so.

Hope you guys are doing well!
Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #39  

Default I have got to get serious

Just putting this out there since I have gone up up up in the past two months and I absolutely have to reverse this trend. I hate holidays or should I say I hate my lack of willpower in the face of holiday food-o-mania.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I have to admit I put on a few pounds over the past few days. It was mostly fun although I feel some guilt and regret today! However, I am back to my old routine today so hopefully the extra pounds will not stay around for long.

Congrats LillyLover on reaching the 120's! That is exciting even if T-day messes with it a bit.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #41  

Thanks, TERAPET and fivestone! I'm finally back on track after Thanksgiving...let's just say that the reading on the scale the morning after Thanksgiving was terrifying. And then I cheated again, so it just wasn't good! I'm back to 129.4 as of this morning.

Tinydancer, I can totally relate to the holidays and lack of food control. I've come to realize that my family is my Achilles' heel when it comes to dieting. Now that I know this, I can focus on overcoming it more, but it's still hard!

Whenever I'm really overwhelmed by food temptations, one thing I always repeat to myself is "This too shall pass." Then, before you know it, the temptation is over and it's smooth sailing again! At least, for a little while haha

Have a great week, y'all!
Old 11-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 150/131/125

Height: 5'6

sooooo close. I just weighed in at 130!!
just one. more. pound.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #43  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

LillyLover and tealeaf,
tealeaf, you are right where I want to be. That's pretty much my goal (tho my ticker goes to 127) and I started 2010 at 150 lbs. You'll be crossing into the 120s any moment now!

I had a ~1lb bump up from the decadent weekend, but I don't know if it's for "real" or not. I'm away from my normal scale for a while so I have a forced scale break.

Really no chance for me to make my end-of-year goal now; I would have to lose more than 6 lbs from my weight yesterday. But I'm going to dial it up a notch in December and see what I can accomplish.
Off to the New Years Eve thread now to set my goals

Last edited by EmmaD; 11-29-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #44  

Well with the new scale I'm four pounds away but so ready to see 129 !!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #45  

Default Getting Back On Track

Thanks Lillylover for the encouragement.

Having a good day yesterday and today. Have to get through my book club tomorrow evening (at Pizzeria Uno). I plan on having one Bloody Mary with just a splash of vodka and no bread or bread-like substances like pizza, chips. In fact I'm going to buck the trend my fellow club members have for ordering apps and order up a salad for myself. I can do that. Please tell me I can do that.
Closed Thread