Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #91  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Well still fairly new to this site and looking to hit 140 by the end of the month and then make it to my ultimate goal of 135 by years end. I know it gets harder when you have the last few pounds to lose but I know I can make it and start the new year off on a good note! Good luck everyone!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 144/122.4/healthy for life

Height: 5' 7.5"

I don't have my license yet (long story--but I'm not in trouble ) and I'm a morning person so 3 a.m. Taco Bell runs didn't happen.
Mess-ups for me more looked coming home from nannying in the summer and seeing cornbread pudding on the table. The problem wasn't eating it (I LOVE cornbread pudding and have already decided that whenever my mom makes it, I'm going to have some as a treat, no matter whatever else I've eaten that day or week); the problem was that I had a huge portion.
And then I had seconds.
But I don't really even consider that failure. What was failure for me was the 3+ hours I spent kicking myself for it. Success for me is more about healthy living practices (including my mental health), so I was and am still learning what a treat is, how often I can have one, and how to deal with the times I have a treat or too much of a treat.
For example, I went with a bunch of friends to one of their boyfriend's houses for dinner one night, and was served apple pie. I use the "what do I want most?" principle and decided to nix the pie crust and whipped cream because I love hot apples (the center of the pie) and ice cream. So I had a bowl of apples and a big spoonful (used a regular spoon) of vanilla ice cream.
The NSV was that I enjoyed my treat immensely. I didn't kick myself one bit, not even for going back to the kitchen to snag a few more slices of hot apple. And then I got up the next day and made the best, healthiest decisions I could that day.
oneoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #93  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Up a little on the scale. I think I am retaining water/bloated from last night. I go to an English conversation club a couple times per month and last night some of the members invited us out - to McDonalds of all places. I had allotted for a dessert so I got a soft ice cream - small, definitely no more than 250 calories or so. Fine. But they ordered extra chicken nuggets and fries and told us to help ourselves, and since I am a squealing toddler with no self control I did help myself.

The overall damage was negligible, not enough calories to warrant a gain or count as a binge, but GOOD LORD do I feel ill even today. I drank 2 liters of water between the McDonalds and now and I still don't feel right. I took a photo of my stomach at full bloat last night - looked like I was ready to give birth!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #94  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Thank you Diana! I plan on sticking around!

Last edited by Lose25; 11-08-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Lose25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #95  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi Feathers! Hope I can join in the convo here...I usually post over under the calorie counting area but was looking for some support or ability to generally post what's on my mind.

I guess I am doing okay as I've lost about 10 lbs since Sept 20th. but NO inches off my hips. I was trying to lose a few lbs before a vacation so while I was on vacay I didn't stay on plan, so I had a bit of a break in there for a week and a half or so. Got back on plan as of 11/1 but found it hard to stay on over the weekend last weekend...other than that doing okay I suppose. Afraid to weigh myself but plan to do so Thursday if not before hand. Last Wednesday I was 142 and hoping to be down at least a lb - 2 would be great.

I am following a 1500 calorie plan and I am vegetarian anyway, so that factors in. For exercise I do super intense iyengar yoga a few times a week and walk a lot every day. Was running but I found it hard to keep calories down while running. Hoping to start back up again soon. It's hard to find time as I work full time and go to grad school at night but I try to sneak away and run at lunchtimes when I can.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Mitza - If you work hard, I think you can make it to goal by New years! What a great way to bring in the new year

Oneoftwelve - I can TOTALLY relate to the self sabatoge after messing up. I hate how I bring myself so down after I mess up. It is not a healthy emotional thing to do to yourself. So I too have been learning not to let slip ups get to me so much. I think that is a very important and overlooked thing when dieting!

Krampus - I feel you on the Mcdonalds. My dad just left the hospital and was admitted into a rehab center to get moving again. I felt bad so I brought him a bunch of treats from Mcdonalds that I know he likes. Fries, warm apple pies, and cookies. Wow it was hard not to down it all! Ok so I stole 2 fries - not so bad and he'd never know

Welcome Wildflower!! Weekends are the hardest for me as well. I really try to do a lot of self talk on Fridays reminding myself that as quick as the weekend came, it will be gone even faster - better to leave it a pound lighter than 2 pounds heavier!!

Back down to 131 today. I knew it was mostly water weight. Im also "backed up". Probably from my 3am taco bell run on Saturday. If I stay on track and get things "moving" I think I could very well be in the 120's by Saturday morning! ahhh Fingers crossed!!

Have a great Tuesday Feathers!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #97  

Height: 5'3

I hate that post binge bloat. Hope to never see it again!

The losing has slowed over the weekend. Guess it always does. 124 this morning. But, I felt dehydrated yesterday so I chugged about 100 oz of water within a few hours before bed and had chickfilet for dinner so I'm sure I held onto some of that water.

That said, I'm having a really weird week regarding weight and loss. For the first time in a decade yesterday, I looked in the mirror and didn't think I look like I need to lose weight. Sure, there's a little jiggle that I'd love to see gone but that I'm afraid is a toning/skin issue. My stomach is nearly flat for the first time since HS.

Anyway, I'm going out of town this weekend ALONE for the first time ever. We're trying to buy a house where we're moving to. I've got a 2 year old that's still nursing once a day and he's not going to be too happy about it. I'm hoping my husband can keep him busy and maybe he won't want to pick it back up when I return.

Good luck today feathers!
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #98  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

A flat stomach - something I can only dream of. That's a good place to be, Changed! Have fun on your solo weekend!

Dianne - I'm thinking since EVERYONE across the boards is constipated, someone should make a thread about it.

Today I carefully allotted for a banana split. I had the pleasant surprise of a friend willing to go halfsies with me on it. Lunch was tiny and dinner was 2 tacos and a few edamame (soybeans) with lots of water. Alas, I failed miserably at my attempt of an afternoon jog before dinner. I was too hungry and since I did Tae Bo before going to work and walked for 40 minutes midday, maybe I didn't give myself enough time to recover. Not to mention the wind and chill - how unpleasant!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. At 4:55 pm I weighed something like 57.8 kg which puts me at almost 127. O_O!

Last edited by krampus; 11-09-2010 at 10:08 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #99  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

I am with you krapmpus...that's where my weight always goes so if I could have a 6-pack one day, that would be amazing!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #100  

Height: 5'3

Let me rephrase, in jeans with a fitted t-shirt my stomach looks flatish. Naked is a whole other ball of wax. I've got massive hangy extra skin that's never going away. My goal was to look good in my clothes because that's as good as it's ever going to get. I've had 4 children....
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Dianne - I'm thinking since EVERYONE across the boards is constipated, someone should make a thread about it.
I've never been constipated. *shrugs* I read about it here all the time, but it has yet to happen to me. *knock on wood* I hope y'all find a solution soon!
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

To all the Constipated girls on the forum--

I'm a nurse, and I can tell you truthfully that many, many adults (and kids) walk around positively FULL of poo. You should see what the chest and belly xrays look like... it's gross!!

I guess we all need to work on eating our fiber, hydrating, and moving around! Hehehehe.

They do sell Dulcolax over the counter now.... just a thought.

I'm recovering from a night shift last night, and my "I'm full" button is just not working. (not that it works on regular days, either, but tired is so much worse). Siiiiiiiigh.

I plan to handle this by pre-planning what I'll eat tonight, and incorporating "munchie" snacks like light popcorn that will give me the sensation of eating a large volume without going calorie-crazy.

Also hoping to make it to Spinning tonight!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #103  

I totally agree with you fatpants! lol I feel weird calling you that..

Its incredible what eating clean does though! For the longest time I have had problems with going regularly. I was lucky if I went 3 times a week! Ever since I started eating clean I go almost 2 times a day! And its so interesting to see how I get "backed up" the second I stop eating clean. Its remarkable! The body is so amazing!!

Fatpants - I am going to be starting a sonography program hopefully next fall. Do you know anything about that field?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Dianne042425-- You can refer to me as "FPSJ" if you want... that's my full initials. hahaha. It's ok, I like the humor factor

I don't know much about Sonography, other than that I send people there a lot.... but, I think it's great that you've got a goal to work toward! Get out there, do your research, interview folks already in the field about their experience, and use the web.

Hopefully all the positive vibes you get from planning your success in the program will cross over to your weight loss plan
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPantsSkinnyJeans View Post
Dianne042425-- You can refer to me as "FPSJ" if you want... that's my full initials. hahaha. It's ok, I like the humor factor

I don't know much about Sonography, other than that I send people there a lot.... but, I think it's great that you've got a goal to work toward! Get out there, do your research, interview folks already in the field about their experience, and use the web.

Hopefully all the positive vibes you get from planning your success in the program will cross over to your weight loss plan
Thanks FPSJ! lol

I have done my research on Sonography for about a year now. I just graduated in May with my bachelors in Health service administration but then decided I really want to be on the hands on side of health care. I REALLY want to get into sonography - thats why I always ask about it if I see/hear someone in the health field. Its just a very competitive program to get into and they only offer it once a year. I am so nervous!!!

Trying to balance work, volunteer hours for the program, school, and weight loss is a challenge for sure but God said hard work is rewarded, so hard work is what I will do