Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default always cold?

Hi there featherweights!

I dont post much in the forum, mostly in 100lb club or maintainers...but this question seemed best here

I recently went from 145 to 128 and that brought many changes, but the most irksome one is that I am *always* cold!!! It makes sense since my bodyfat % went from 28.5 to 19, but sheesh!

Ive never been so light before, but I dont have any point of reference....this probably sounds kinda dumb - but are people in the low bodyfat rage just cold all the time or did your body eventually acclimate to the new weight? How long did that take if so?
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Most people who lose weight experience this, but that's not how it happened to me.

I don't know what did it for me—maybe age? In college I was 20 pounds heavier, but my body fat was still very low. I was a weightlifter and into cardio even then. There is a picture of me wearing shorts in the middle of winter. A reporter stopped and took it for the local paper because she was shocked. LOL! I was always warm.

I think I stayed that way until I was about 24 or 25. Then, at the same weight and BF%, I was suddenly cold all the time. It's like a switch flipped.

I am no colder now at 108 than I was then at 129. At least, I haven't noticed a difference. And I'm 37 now, so I don't think I am ever going to acclimate. In the summer I carry a sweater with me to put on in the grocery store and other air-conditioned places. And I run my space heater every day in my office at work.

I actually like winter. I would never live where it doesn't snow, and I am not a fan of any temperatures over 75. But, that said, I do spend a lot of time cold.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 10-19-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #3  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey XTY,
I think it is pretty much the norm, losing fat was our insulation of sorts! FYI, I have been a frozen turd for a very long time, infact always cold even with dbl sweatshirts or blanket on & walking into an airconditioned place is brutal! I honestly cannot wait for my first HOTFLASH so that I can actually warm up, although I am years away from that! ...People keep telling me I am NUTZ to want HOTFLASHES, but I think DAMMIT, **** ya bring it on, that outta warm me up atleast & warmth will be a pleasant change!!!!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 10-19-2010 at 02:12 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #4  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

I have to say that I am cold most of the time. If the temp is 65 or below I am cold, but if it is above 75 I feel hot. So I have a ten degree range where I am comfortable but even then I'm in long sleeves.

I don't think my weight loss has anything to do with it since I've always been this way. Then again my normal body temperature is 97. If my temp is 98.6 then I have a slight fever. Back when I was sixteen I was freezing all the time even in 90 degree heat. I went to the doctor and my temp was 95 degrees. He did no tests to find out why and eventually I went back to my usual 97.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #5  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Yep -- the more I lose, the colder I get. Sucks, because we have some fierce winters here... and last winter, I was almost 200 pounds!

Last edited by fivestone; 10-19-2010 at 05:45 PM.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Well glad to know it is at least the norm, thanks for the replies everyone
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I've been cold since about college. I think it started the year I lost about 10 or so lbs. I am miserable in winter! I can't imagine what it's going to be like this year. The coldest rooms in our house are the kitchen, family room, master bedroom and master bath -- basically where I spend 90% of my time. I am so hoping we move to San Diego next year!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #8  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Gosh I don't know, but this started for me around 180 and is now worse than ever at 146. It's a real problem since our office feels like a freaking meat locker. I live somewhere very warm, think 115 most days durning the summer, and it's a real pain in my a## to have to wear pants durning the summer. I'm constantly fighting over of the thermostat with coworkers. It makes me irratable too.

But I guess it beats being overweight
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote