Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

OH I love how active we all are today in the forum! It really helps my ridiculously boring office job so much more exciting. UGH I pray every day I get into the Sonography program. Yea, I sound like a broken record but I feel like if I keep saying it; it will happen!

Oneoftwelve - I think its farely safe to say that you might be a little on the skinnier side. Not only were we not meant to feel our bones when we sit, move, etc. but women especially werent. We are meant to have a little etra fat for childbirth! DO you know what your body fat percentage is? I think that is a good way to tell how fat/healthy/too skinny someone might be. Just a thought.

Also, in my opinion, giving something your all is a good quality. It shows you have passion. But don't forget that perfection can turn into a disease my dear! It will have you a heart attack by 40 if you dont watch out! Ok I dont mean to sound like im preaching but I too can be a little obsessive compulsive about making everything perfect and in my health classes they keep telling me no no no bad bad bad!

Anywhoo,

Krampus and Katt - All three of us are at a plateau! Lets stick together and get through this. Its us against the scales muahhaha

Amy - How are you doing with your running? I remember last time you said you ran 10 miles I think? Sheesh. Inspiration.

Andrea - I agree with you! This place is amazing. It has been a saving grace for many people on their weight loss journey and I am sure it will be the one tool that helps me get to my goal! So thank you ladies!!

Have a happy hump day!

Chelsey
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

PLATEAU BUSTERS UNITE! We can do it! We are fierce!

I'm going to make some fitness goals instead of focusing on these numbers on the scale. For example, I can't do "boy" pushups, so I'm going to make that a new fitness goal and work on it little by little every day. No, that probably won't force me off my plateau, but it'll keep my mind off it by giving me something else to work on that I'm a little more in control of. Does anybody else do things like that? I find that focusing on how much weight I can lift or how many workouts I get in per week helps me to look at fitness in a different way and will hopefully make me keep up with it even when I reach my weight goal.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
PLATEAU BUSTERS UNITE! We can do it! We are fierce!

I'm going to make some fitness goals instead of focusing on these numbers on the scale. For example, I can't do "boy" pushups, so I'm going to make that a new fitness goal and work on it little by little every day. No, that probably won't force me off my plateau, but it'll keep my mind off it by giving me something else to work on that I'm a little more in control of. Does anybody else do things like that? I find that focusing on how much weight I can lift or how many workouts I get in per week helps me to look at fitness in a different way and will hopefully make me keep up with it even when I reach my weight goal.
Thats a great idea Kat! Unfortunatley that doesnt work for me because I cant tell if I really am improving my strength or if I mentally just couldnt do it before. For example, there are days I can do boy pushups all day long. Other days I really CANT. SO is that my strength going up and down or my stubborn mentality. Ill go with the second. lol So its hard for me to judge progress with little goals like that. For me, running is a good way. I really cant run long. So the fact that I can run 3 miles non stop now is just crazy to me!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #79  

Height: 5'3

Fast5- http://www.fast-5.com/ It's a free ebook download and I haven't had any spam or anything from signing up. Basically, you eat 5 consecutive hours per day and fast for 19. I've been doing it nearly a month and I love it. I have in the last 2 weeks been noticing what times do and do NOT work for me. I'm not hungry or feeling deprived whatsoever so I'm really loving it.

Stuck at 128 so I'm all about plateau busting! I made pumpkin gooey butter cake if you were wondering how anyone could possibly eat too many calories in 5 hours. lol I've roasted a pumpkin at least once a week for a month. LOVE FALL and baking! My issues are moderation and control.

I started 30 day shred yesterday and was able to do everything just like she does or the first 21 minutes and then got a pinch in my side and turned it off. I figure that's a dang good start! I like it so I think I'll try doing it daily and see what happens. I can imagine good things!

Have a wonderful day Feathers!
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I have a question. Hope it's ok to ask here.
What constitutes a featherweight exactly? I know it is someone with less weight to lose. But is that 10 lbs? 5lbs? 15 or 20? I started out needing to lose 30 pounds. But now I'm only look at a bit over 15 to goal. Just seeing if this is someplace in which I can belong now.

Thanks!
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #81  

MA - You are def. a featherweight WELCOME!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #82  

hmmm how exciting to think of myself as "featherweight" I like that!! It's funny as a taller girl I always weight more than people I would consider "light like a feather". Even my goal may not be light for someone who is 5'2" and has a tiny frame. But I will own it! I can post with the featherweights .
Thanks Dianne
Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #83  

Changed- I like your goal by christmas. That is a great idea! I have taken MONTHS to lose the 15 pounds I have lost. But I have not been consistently on plan. My weight loss has been stead downword trend but I'll lose 5 lbs gain back 2 stay at that weight then lose three gain back four, then lose 2..... I know it is partly plateus, but mostly because I dont stay on plan consistently for any longer than a few weeks.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #84  

SO EXCITED feathers!! I just measured my height (havent been measured since highschool) and I am taller than I thought!! yay!! I am 5'6 not 5'5!! Is that weird that makes me happy? lol

Is it possible to grow taller after high school!??!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #85  

Height: 5'3

I don't know but an extra inch is alright by me! lol Yay!
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #86  

It must be! You proved it true. I heard that women stop growing sooner than men generally. But that is a generally. Hey! I just realised that means your BMI (dont know if you track those anyways) if lower now than you thought!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #87  

MA - I dont really use BMI to gauge my health range. Only because I have more muscle and smaller bone structure. I dont think BMI incorporates that.. But youre right, it did lower it! I am going to get measured at the doc next time I go just to be certain!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #88  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hump Day already, aw man. Where does the time go?

Welcome, ma! It has also taken me months to lose 15 lbs. Since the beginning of the year, to be exact. I have changed some stuff up, so for the last couple of months I have been losing again...

Chelsey - yay! 5'6" is a good height Are you going to keep the 120 goal? My goal for now is 129 and if I ever get there I'll see if I want to try harder to go lower. I was 118-120 until I was 32 or so but I'm not sure that I can go that low any more. The mid-30s has done crazy stuff to my metabolism.

Andrea - you got to enjoy international culinary delights AND the resulting weight is falling off? Way to go! That's what it's all about.

I just found out I am going to visit some family at the end of October. They haven't seen me in months, so I have lost some weight and am more toned. Like someone posted in another thread, I hope they notice! I have some very fit relatives and I want to be able to go running or go to kick-boxing classes with them. Time to kick it up a notch for the next two weeks! My goal for the end of the month was to be @ 135 lbs. Today I'm @ 136.6, so it's possible. I neeeeeeeed to start running again. The inertia is so hard to overcome. Usually once I get started, I can do it regularly.

I do have to say that I am really worried about food choices when I visit my family. Some of them may be fit, but they do NOT eat well at all. When I visit, it seems like I am always starving (trying not to indulge) or pigging out ('cause I can't control myself once I start). UGH. I will have to have a plan in place for sure... it was just so frickin' hard to lose the last 5 lbs and I know from experience that I can put that back on in a week when I am out of my own environment. And it DOESN'T come off immediately for me, sadly. Anyway, like I said, I'll have a plan in place. And then focus on enjoying seeing my family

Later, feathers!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #89  

EmmaD- I feel you on the running. I have had a love hate relationship with running for about six years now, ha! The last four I always compete in the same half marathon. Problem is that I spend months sedentary. Then get motivated and start moving again but can never keep it consistent. Just the last two weeks I've been running fairly regularly again. And a run with my best friend yesterday showed me how much I've let myself slip. I washuffing and puffing about .2 miles in and she had to slow down for me. Then when we finished she was all energy and barely breathing hard. Me? I was huffing puffing and red faced like crazy. Last April I'd beat her by ten minutes in that half marathon!

I'm competitive so this realization was the boost I needed.

And I already am feeling goodhaving gotten some pavement (and some treadmill) pounding in. So go go go!

Last edited by ma26; 10-13-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
SO EXCITED feathers!! I just measured my height (havent been measured since highschool) and I am taller than I thought!! yay!! I am 5'6 not 5'5!! Is that weird that makes me happy? lol

Is it possible to grow taller after high school!??!
Women usually stop growing by 19 and men by 25 or so, but there are always exceptions.

I was done growing before I even entered high school. LOL!

Congrats!

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 10-13-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote