Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
I find that it helps to have non-weight goals as well. Hours exercised, days eating "on plan", anything that you can control. It helps me to keep my sanity. Somewhat.
That's an excellent point, Emma. I have a goal of hitting at least 450 minutes per week of exercise. I get all excited when I go past it, and I have a very... well, I guess it's a little nerdy/overly organized little workout rotation schedule. I'm an organization geek, so making 30-day workout rotations for myself is my kind of fun. I switch up what I do every few days and have a specific set way I split up my cardio, weights, and flexibility workouts. I have to admit, I do care less about the scale when I focus on that stuff.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Coffee is the best! I was up to 3 lattes a day (we have a expresso maker at home) until I realized that each one has around 120 calories! So I cut back to just one first thing in the morning, so great...sigh...

And I drink tea (0 calories) the rest of the day.

You do get used to the buzz, but when that happens just cut back or switch to decaf for a week.

Kat, I'm a newbie too! This website cracks me up! I'm about the same size-ish as you, in 10-8's heading to 4-6's.
All it takes is work, right?
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dance Girl View Post
Kat, I'm a newbie too! This website cracks me up! I'm about the same size-ish as you, in 10-8's heading to 4-6's.
All it takes is work, right?
That's right, Girl! Wow, we're almost stats twins! ;D I'll be cheering you on hardcore! Go you!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #49  

Height: 5'3

Accidentally cheated repeatedly today. It's so hard to make buttercream without tasting it to see if it's coming out ok that I didn't even think about it. My little boys birthday was great and the cake came out perfect! 127 again this morning... crossing my fingers that today doesn't impact my progress.
Changed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #50  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

EmmaD, I do weigh myself daily. Always in the morning after I wake up and pee. I have found similar fluctuation patterns from week to week so it's not so panicking. I'm also back down 1.2 kg from yesterday - imagine that!

Changed - buttercream sounds SO GOOD. I was talking to my boyfriend last night about how I dream of eating entire cakes and pans of brownies. I'm sure just a little buttercream won't kill you - and if you feel that guilty about it you probably won't do it again any time soon.

I am going to Haagen Daazs tonight. Already dreaming of what flavor to get. Luckily for me I am always satisfied with just a small amount of ice cream, so it's no skin off my back to order the smallest size.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #51  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hello Feathers!

Oh, it's so nice to have all these newbies! Not that I don't love all you regulars -- but sometimes it gets quiet around here, so it's fun to have a few more voices chiming in.

Chelsey, like any drug, caffeine will initially give you a high, but you will build up a tolerance to the point that the amount that used to give you a high now just makes you human. I agree with Just Dance Girl -- give yourself a break from it every so often and it will be more effective when you do drink it.

Just Dance Girl, I have an espresso machine too, and I was drinking TONS of HUGE lattes all last winter. Now I'm drinking more americanos and the occasional latte. I've also made almond milk lattes (40 cals/cup of almond milk) but the taste is definitely different.

AinsleyMom, congrats on the 125! Woohoo! I love the Beck book. I took it out of the library but I am going to buy it for constant rereading.

Changed, I had a major buttercream incident in conjunction with my DD's bday in early September. I LOVE buttercream. Happy Birthday to your little guy! Mine turns two in a couple months...

Krampus, do you literally dream of treats, like when you're sleeping, or daydream? I definitely daydream. Occasionally dream about calorie counting.

So here's the dress I think I'm going to wear to my 20-year. I have put way too much thought, stress, and money into this... but I like this dress and it's comfortable and versatile. My DH took the picture and suggested I put on my, "It's so great to see you!" face, since it's a reunion. So that's why I look so goofy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg theory dress.jpg (22.7 KB, 35 views)
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #52  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I like it! You have nice slim shoulders and arms and I like how it's kind of a playful cut. I don't actually have REM-sleep dreams about dessert (thankfully) but when I'm sitting around hungry it's kind of fun.

My friend has offered to mail me cookies. I haven't said yes or no yet but it's times like these where I think "dammit, what if I just called maintenance?!"
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 144/122.4/healthy for life

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning, Feathers!
I'm off to have a 35-minute date with the elliptical machine, and then I have one quiz to take before I'm free to go home for Fall Break!
I'm hoping there will be plenty of foods I prefer to eat (ie--very healthy) at home, but honestly I'm pretty sure that I'm active enough that it won't be too much of a problem.
oneoftwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:59 AM   #54  

Good morning, everybody!

I had a pretty crummy waking-up moment, had a pounding, pounding headache, but I'm proud to say I bucked up, got up anyway, had a nice, protein-rich breakfast (and some coffee... I'll give a shout-out to all the fellow coffee fiends!) and felt so much better and just proud of myself for not hitting the snooze alarm that I went ahead and did my morning jog. Three miles in that brisk, crisp fall air, and I feel AMAZINGLY better. So there's my "I am powerful!" moment of the day. I hope everybody else has an awesome Friday!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Happy Friday Feathers!!

Petite - Wow! A latex catsuit. Courageous costume lol I want pics of this! (Pics are such motivation for me. Thats why I am always asking. Im always browsing before and after pics of people. I find it interesting how different people can look at same heights and weights)

Ainsleymom - I feel like I havent heard from you in forever! congrats on the 125! I have browsed through the Beck book at the book store before but havent fully committed to reading it. I think Ill go on my lunch break and read some; I have to pick up a book anyway.

Emma - How exciting!! You can fit in your small sizes. To me, that is the best and most rewarding sign of weightloss. Forget the numerical scale, clothes are the best scale! I have found, on a regular day, my weight goes up 3 whole pounds by the end of the day. I dont like to weigh myself every day because I get discouraged, but sometimes I "cheat" and take a glimpse by weighing myself at night and subtracting 3 pds. It makes me feel better because if its higher than normal, I just blame the day. hah Oh the psychological games we play when dieting!

NEWBIES!! This is a great site! When I first "signed up", I was just a lerker. Not posting but only reading. Then I deciding to come out of my shell and post. Now I find myself on here multiple times a day!!

Amy - YOu look so amazing!! The dress is super cute and looks to be comfortable. It shows off your pretty arms as well. Maybe that 30 day shred deal does work? hmmm I like your DH sense of humor. Put on your "Oh its so good to see you" face. hah so true!

Kat - on not letting your bad morning bring you down! That really is an accomplishment. There have been many days where something as little as, "I dont have matching socks" to prevent me from working out. I used to think of anything to not work out. There have been other days I drive all the way to the gym, get on the treadmill, and leave after ONE MINUTE because I just didnt feel like it. I would get on my cell phone and pretend there was an emergency so I wouldnt look stupid to everyone there hah Oh man! Im a headcase

I have had a few slip ups this week. Nothing too detrimental, but nonetheless, messups. Im not worrying too much about it. I have almost completed 2 weeks and that is about the longest I have ever stayed on a diet (other than the crash one I did for 5 weeks )

Have a fabulous Friday Feathers! Oh wow 3 F's ! I like that!

Last edited by Dianne042425; 10-08-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #56  

Good for you Dianne! That's progress in itself!

129 this morning. I'm actually just thrilled so have stayed under 130 after all I ate yesterday. It's a mental thing though... just don't want to see that number. I figure I'll have to be very good today and tomorrow to be back on track for weigh in Sunday. That's ok, I can do it!

We're thinking about going hiking today. Pikes Peak had it's first real snow last night and I have to say, it's just breathtaking.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #57  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
There have been other days I drive all the way to the gym, get on the treadmill, and leave after ONE MINUTE because I just didnt feel like it. I would get on my cell phone and pretend there was an emergency so I wouldnt look stupid to everyone there hah Oh man! Im a headcase
That's hysterical! I think I might have done something similar...

Ugh, our gym has the cardio machines right in front of a plate glass window with all the non-working-out folks walking by. Very distracting. I HATE it. And the only TV involves craning your neck dramatically, so there is nothing else to look at. So I never use the cardio machines anymore... which leads me to...

kat999's comment about the 3-mile run in the brisk autumn air. Now THAT's what I'm talking about. I want that. Just have to and get out there.

Amy - CUTE dress and I love to see a photo of you since you are my virtual height/weight role model. I am just now where you started so we'll see how much further I can go.

Have a happy, healthy weekend, all! (My federal employee friend informed me that she has the day off on Monday, so happy long weekend to any of you who get it). My goals are: 1 yoga class, 1 time visiting the weights room and 1 time taking a weightlifting class. And eating on plan, of course
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 137/133/123

Height: 5"5

Amy - nice dress. You look great!

OneOfTwelve - thanks for mentioning the 35 minute elliptical workout. I was wavering about going for my usual elliptical workout this morning, but you've motivated me.

Krampus - at least you get to eat treats in your dreams!
ChicksAhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #59  

Good morning! Er, afternoon. Or whatever time it is where you are! Anybody like to go to their local farmers' markets? What a great place to get produce, at least in my neck of the woods. Autumn comes and there's a wonderful array of root veggies and apples. I'm off today to grab some healthy foods for the week. Woo hoo! Hope everybody has a gorgeous day full of positive, motivational thoughts and healthy habits.

It's the little things, like finding beautiful yams or a particularly hearty looking loaf of bread, that keep me happy. And that's not just about weight loss, that's kind of about life in general. I'm goofy that way. Life's too short not to take pleasure in the small comforts and minor victories, you know?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #60  

I'll be back on the wagon in the morning, I promise. A weekend of traveling and birthday celebrations have really messed with me. I've stuck to my eating window for the most part but I've made terrible choices and consumed too many calories.

It's Thanksgiving in Canada so I'll just say I'm thankful I get to start over tomorrow.