Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 140/122/tight and toned!

Height: 5'3"

Default Self sabotage

Sammy, you're my hero. I'm up here (scale-wise) at 129.8 and that's just not okay with me. I'm used to staying pretty comfortable in the lower 120s but over the past year I've gained about 10 pounds and can't stay in the game long enough to shimmy them off of my bod again! Ideally, I'd like to be 110ish but like Dora says, maybe I have some sort of fear of hitting 120. It's like I want it but I purposely try to sabbotage myself from getting there. In reality, it shouldnt be that hard for me to lose the weight I've recently aquired but it's almost as though the excitement and anticipation of number chasing make me eat in the opposite direction. Does that make any sense to anyone? It's like when I first started eating well and losing weight (a few years ago) it was so simple. It's just eat less, sacrifice very little (substitutions are so easy) and the weight happily comes off. I dont think the formula has changed but I think mentally I get in there and make a huge roadblock sign that says "Detour: Eat to pass (or sit on your butt to pass...)" It's like my body is trying to cheat the system and get as much food/as little exercise as I can and still try to get the results. The equation is so easy.... why am I determined to make it harder? Gahhh....

Hope you girls are still around to chat. I think posting is helpful.
ohmanilovegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #47  
Eternally 2 pounds away..

S/C/G: 135/ticker/120

Height: 5'5"

Hello feathers,

So I have come back from my loooong birthday weekend (my friend's not mine), so I am sure I will be up a few pounds. Will do an official weigh-in tomorrow.

But hopefully should still be OK to reach goal by the 28th.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi ohmanilovegod, completely get the whole self-sabotage thing lol! I was so close but it's like I enjoy dieting too much to actually ever reach 120! But anyway welcome, and hopefully we can fight the fear to reach goal together. xxx
DoraUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 140/122/tight and toned!

Thanks for the welcome!! I feel happy to be within the walls of the 120s (though, just barely)... hopefully will have a wonderful trip out the other end. I certainly don't want to go out the same end I came in!

I love birthdays! Hope it was fantastic/delicious!
ohmanilovegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 122/120.6/uk size 8?

I so want to break out of the 120s when I met my boyfriend/before I started universities, I was consistently in the one-teens, so being back there will mean getting off all my 'university weight'! I'm NEARLY there ... just need to push a BIT further ...
coffeeplease is offline   Reply With Quote