Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #46  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Congrats, kellost! 80 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment!

I'm at 136.6 this morning... I might actually get out of the 130s by the end of June!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #47  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Was perfectly on plan yesterday and the scale said 129. That's down 2.5 pounds from the day before.

I said, "Hey Scale, that's crazy talk."

I hope I keep the clean eating and exercise up and then I can change my ticker. My motivation was blown after my binge fest on vacation, but I guess I'm back on track. Woo hoo.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

ange82much 122.5lb for me. This is absolutely amazing. After 2 weeks of not daring to get on the scales and eating all sorts of stuff that isn't too healthy, i've lost about 0.5lb!
It is so funny how we celebrate 0.5 lose , I get exited Even whit 0.2

Kellost : how are you feeling at 125 that is my goal weight , I am 5.1' too .

Bama girl : congrats

motived chick: my scale get crazy some time , in one week i saw 129 2 times I know 120's is just on the corner .

As for me well i was 130 this morning , hoping for 120's any time now.

Last edited by Tuca125; 06-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like everyone is getting back on track

I'm hanging in there--down to 154 now and rededicating myself. My eating has been completely back on track (1500-1600 instead of 1700). I was hoping to hit goal weight by 4th of July, but now I'll be thrilled if I can just get there before we go on vacation at the end of July. That's 9 lbs. in 5 weeks--maybe a little unrealistic, but at least I should be CLOSE to goal by then! I'm also working up the courage to call for a consultation about Smart Lipo--I have a couple of little places that I'm still not happy with, and I just don't think they're gonna go away by the time I hit goal. I know my body looked different when I was this size before, so it's a little frustrating . Has anyone else thought about surgery?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #50  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

AbbyIN, don't get discouraged by the on-again off-again. Unlike yo-yo dieting, multiple quitting attempts might be just what you need, according to this article. You can do it!

Kellost, I have totally noticed the bloat factor after just a day OP (esp if that day involves carbs and alcohol). I wonder if my body always did that, but I just didn't notice when I had the extra lbs, or if my body has become more sensitive since I've been eating better (for all of two months). I definitely eat fewer carbs like bread and pasta since I started calorie counting, though I eat tons of fruit. One benefit is that the insta-bloat motivates me to keep putting good things in my body rather than bad -- because the feedback is so immediate!

Bama Girl, I have used many types of self-tanners over the years. They are way better now than back in the day (orange splotchy "tan" anyone?). One of the keys is to exfoliate -- anywhere you have a build-up of old skin cells will come out darker. Think knees and ankles. If it's a quick-tanner, put on lotion first so your skin is evenly moisturized. Don't forget your feet, or you will look like you have a sock tan. Like Ange82much, I prefer the gradual ones that give you a build-up over a few days -- they are more forgiving if you miss a spot (since you're unlikely to miss it every day). Also, there are some that have an instant bronzer built in so you can see where you've applied it -- that helps with even application.

I'm at 124.8 today Not expecting it to "stick," since I had a similar dip at the same time last month and then bounced back up, but I'll enjoy it while lasts! Not going to get to run (too many kids here today and it's raining and DH working late) so it'll have to be torture by Jillian instead.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama girl View Post

On that note, kind of off-topic, but I think I might fake tan (a little bit, not a lot) before going as my skin is WHITE, but I am kind of scared because I don't want my skin to end up matching my hair. I ordered some of the VS self tanner with my bathing suit, so wish me luck that it will work! Haha. Has anyone else that's really pale had experience with that?
I'm as white as they come, and destined to stay that way because 1) I don't want the health issues or aging that comes with sun exposure and 2) I can't stand fake tanners. Seriously. I've tried them, including the ones that take several applications over time. They started out nice and even, but I found that, as soon as you started sweating in the sun, they came off. I became mottled. My feet, especially, became a disturbing mix of colors. It just isn't worth it to me. I'm the palest person I know, but I have learned to embrace my lack of melanin. There aren't any better alternatives to my mind.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 06-09-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfonseca3017 View Post

Kellost : how are you feeling at 125 that is my goal weight , I am 5.1' too .

Well........I feel a heck of a lot better than I did at 205, that is for sure! I remind myself of that often. LOL. Seriously though, I do not feel perfect. Being so short, I feel like I still have the "junk in the trunk" if you know what I mean! I carry it in my hips and thighs mainly, and I still have some belly pudge. But it's okay. I don't have to be perfect.

I do not feel all that confident in a swimsuit. I still do the swim skirt thingy to kinda cover my thighs. I wear shorts now (NEVER in the past), but I prefer them to be longer, bermuda type shorts to cover up the thighs also. When I go out or wear a dress, I still feel like I need some support undergarments to kind of tame my tummy bulge. So those are my issues.

I weigh in on the Wii Fit each week, and it says that I should aim for a 119 weight. So maybe I'll do that. But I'm in no big hurry. Even at 119, I'm sure I'll be dealing with bigger thighs and tummy bulge. But I'm trying to just accept that and be okay with it. I'm healthier than before and it's okay not to be picture perfect. When I focus on health goals more than appearance goals, it makes me feel okay with it all. Hope that helps!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #53  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellost View Post
Well........I feel a heck of a lot better than I did at 205, that is for sure! I remind myself of that often. LOL. Seriously though, I do not feel perfect. Being so short, I feel like I still have the "junk in the trunk" if you know what I mean! I carry it in my hips and thighs mainly, and I still have some belly pudge. But it's okay. I don't have to be perfect.

I do not feel all that confident in a swimsuit. I still do the swim skirt thingy to kinda cover my thighs. I wear shorts now (NEVER in the past), but I prefer them to be longer, bermuda type shorts to cover up the thighs also. When I go out or wear a dress, I still feel like I need some support undergarments to kind of tame my tummy bulge. So those are my issues.

I weigh in on the Wii Fit each week, and it says that I should aim for a 119 weight. So maybe I'll do that. But I'm in no big hurry. Even at 119, I'm sure I'll be dealing with bigger thighs and tummy bulge. But I'm trying to just accept that and be okay with it. I'm healthier than before and it's okay not to be picture perfect. When I focus on health goals more than appearance goals, it makes me feel okay with it all. Hope that helps!

My goal is 125 or a few pounds lower to leave room for fluctuation Gah, I can't believe I'm in pretty much the home stretch! A few months ago I would NEVER have seen this happening! I want to get there by September
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1609 View Post
Sounds like everyone is getting back on track

I'm also working up the courage to call for a consultation about Smart Lipo--I have a couple of little places that I'm still not happy with, and I just don't think they're gonna go away by the time I hit goal. I know my body looked different when I was this size before, so it's a little frustrating . Has anyone else thought about surgery?
Stella, I'm thinking about having a little work done, but of the sort that adds a bit of weight, IYKWIM. I've always been flat-chested, but after 3 pregnancies and more than 40 months of breastfeeding, plus losing a few lbs, I'm less than an AA cup. Seriously training bra size. So I'm looking into a consult, too. Yikes! (and I am actually wondering how much weight it could add - anyone know how much their boobs weigh? )

Looking at everyone's posts, I am so incredibly impressed by what everyone here has done. We all know how hard it is to lose weight. Every day, probably millions of Americans are dissatisfied with their weight and I bet most of them think or even talk about doing something about it. But here on 3FC we're actually getting it done! Kudos, ladies!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Same7, I would think breasts could add a decent bit of weight depending on how big you go! I know if I drink 12oz glass of water, I gain almost a pound. So I'd say you could easily gain 2-5 lbs. from implants! But at least you'd know exactly where you gained THAT weight

I'm so nervous about making the call. I'm off next Thursday and I have a friend to go with me. But I want this soooo bad.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Kellost: thanks for your reply, looking at it we carry our weight totally different , I am bigger at my aper body .

Right now I just want to be at 125 to star the maintenance work, it going to be 1 year and half , one pregnancy in the middle.

This are my measurement for may 21 :

arms - 10 inch
breast - 37
natural waist - 29
hips - 35.25
legs- 20

weight- 131.8

And about to get something done i will like my butt .

Well I hope every one it doing great.

Last edited by Tuca125; 06-10-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #57  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Stayed on plan yesterday and was happy that the scale said 129 again. If I see that number tomorrow, I'll change my ticker. I can't believe I weigh under 130 pounds now. Because I weigh myself with clothes and shoes on, I am certain I'm in my 120s. This feels like a dream, but I can't get all misty-eyed over it. I must keep putting the work in to maintain my weight loss.

Tonight, I'm debating whether to go to NYC for a dance party or stay in Philly for a dance party. The responsible thing to do is skip NYC since I work on Friday. But I love dancing so much... Decisions, decisions. I love that my life is full of fun. A few years ago, I'd spend a Saturday night in front of my tv with junk food. Now, I'm going out most nights of the week. But my weight wasn't a factor in my decision to have fun. I started going out dancing when I was 40 pounds heavier and while I felt self conscious, I enjoyed myself immensely.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #58  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

TS7lbs - you were right, and in my heart i knew it!
There's some sort of delayed reaction going on with me.
That weight loss i had by having two weeks of slack behaviour, has gone.
Now that i'm back to a good diet and still having plenty of exercise, i'm gradually creeping up on the scales each day.

This is all pretty annoying - be naughty and lose weight, or be good and gain weight. Where's the justice there??

Sigh.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post

This is all pretty annoying - be naughty and lose weight, or be good and gain weight. Where's the justice there??

Sigh.
Yeah, unfortunately you did gain weight while being naughty. So frustrating. As was posited, it just takes the scale time sometimes to show you the effects of your behavior. So, now that you are being good, you will soon see the numbers go down again. The delay can be maddening, but it really is true. You can't cheat the body. If you go off plan, the scale will show it eventually. The only time I find that not to be the case if if I have been restricting calories for quite some time and I let myself indulge just once. That seems to kick start weight loss for me.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 06-11-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #60  

It's been a strange couple of days around here... yesterday I went WAAAAAAY off plan. So far off plan I couldn't even see it from where I was. It's been a long time since I had a day like that and I am determined not to do it again.

This morning my DH and I were going to take our dog (pictured at left) to be put to sleep. She is old, blind, incontinent, riddled with cancer, unable to take medication for her arthritis, etc, etc... but when we put the leash on her to go to the vet, she pranced around, tail wagging, so excited for a walk. We stood there in the kitchen, watching her dance around, and decided to cancel the vet appointment and go for a walk instead. (Monty Python fans, think, "I'm not dead yet! I feel happy!")

Anyways, due to my awful day yesterday, I'm up a bit today but hoping a nice low-carb day will get me back on track. I bought two bathing suits today, under fluorescent lights and all, and it wasn't even that horrible!

Happy Friday, everyone!

PS -- Stella, I'm thinking just a nice pair of B-cups... hopefully only 2 lbs!
Closed Thread