Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #151  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Today I am at 125!!!

I'm sure the scale will play the bounce around game - but I can now say I have met my goal - been there done that!

But now for the difference. This time I will continue my healthy eating and exercise plan. The journey continues.........
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #152  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations, Danni!

That is so amazing...and I look forward to hear about your journey with increased fitness and maintaining. I've never maintained a goal weight before, so I'll be glad to learn from you.

As for me, I stayed on my eating plan and now am convinced that the only thing that will work for me is to never have an unplanned snack. Ever. Snacks turn into binges. It's true what they say about not taking the first bite.

I was a dancing queen this weekend. Danced for 2 hours on Friday and then on Saturday I was on the dancefloor off and on from 1 am - 6 am. Also, I did a lot of walking and managed to get in two runs. I am now treating fitness like a lifestyle, something I do for fun and not just about losing weight. I'm not a sports jock like marathoners or mountain climbers, but I'm having so much fun getting fit.

I have two successes to report:

1) NSV - I am able to squat to the floor and get up without using my hands.

2) I weighed 140 this morning, down from 142 on Thursday.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #153  
Ilene the Bean

danni and chickie on your successes

I forgot to weight myself this morning ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #154  
Grandma on the Go!

Thanks!

Chickie 2 carrots for 2 pounds!!

I have lost weight before and then slowly went back to old habits.

This time nutrition and fitness are my new hobbies. I agree that it is so important to plan. I even take my food with me when I go shopping. I snack in the car between stores. Eating out is the big "boogy man" for me. The last time I ate out, I couldn't stop over eating for 4 days. So I have a lot to learn about eating to live - not just living to eat.

I am going to wait to move the chickie - I know how the scale can come back to bite you!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by danni; 04-19-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #155  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

So, Saturday was off plan, but not very bad. Just had some ice cream and stuff that I normally wouldn't eat. No binging or eating 'til I was overfull. All in all, I was happy with it. I'm up 1 pound, but it'll be gone by tomorrow probably. I'm really pulling for the 120's by month's end so I can ease into maintenance mindset over the course of May. That would be SWEET!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
Today I am at 125!!!

I'm sure the scale will play the bounce around game - but I can now say I have met my goal - been there done that!

But now for the difference. This time I will continue my healthy eating and exercise plan. The journey continues.........
Danni, Danni, Danni!!!!! How wonderful! Congratulations to you! You did it, and you will continue to keep it off, I know it! Way to go!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Wow, congrats Danni! You are an inspiration! havent' stepped on the scale yet today...going at lunch time...and I'm a little nervous, but seeing all the good news this morning is perking me up!!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #158  
Grandma on the Go!

Thanks Kellost & Mc Mom - I am trying to be really good today.

Ms - just keep working your plan. It will happen. I started accepting my weight everyday - no matter what it was. Since I wasn't on a diet but a healthy life plan I had to think of one day as only one-seventh of a week. A week is a lot of time for hope and change.

I want to give my body time to adjust so it won't try to hang on to all the fat it can because it thinks we are going into crisis mode.

Coming here everday - even if is just to say hi has been an important part of my journey and will continue to be.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Height: 5'5"

Way to go Danni, Chickie and Ms Perception
I always have to be careful when I have ice cream, because I'm more likely to go op in the days following.

I had a NSV yesterday - A good workout, the 1st one in a month. I got a lot of rest this weekend and have been making it a priority to drink enough water. I think that made the difference.
I am worth it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Awe, Danni, you beat me :P Congrats!

My scale has been playing games with me too: 126.2 yesterday, 127 today...and my waist keeps swelling between 26.5" and 27," so that isn't much help either. I've been eating more than usual, though, so it wasn't a big shocker. But I think the worst of pre-TOM has passed: on Saturday I couldn't stop snacking but by the next day my appetite was back to normal. If I stay reasonable, by this time next week I hope to see that post-TOM drop!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #161  
Grandma on the Go!

tkm - No fear - I'm here holding the fort for you. I never lose that it doesn't go back up and down for awhile.

I have been writing down everything I eat, plus my weight everyday since Dec. 5, 2009. So I can look back and see the progress that I have made and also how I went up and down so many times - also how often I stayed the same for so long. But the whole picture shows a downward trip. So anyone just starting please stay with it.

Some days are easy and some days are hard - but in the long run it is all so worth it. I know I have only reached one goal. I wonder if it will be even harder to maintain. The journey continues......
Old 04-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 129/120.6/118

Height: 5'4.5

Took a week to get back down to 121.6. LOL. I know, I know. Not a huge difference, and my scale probably has that much error.
LabMonkeyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #163  
Caroline

Today I was in a funk. For some reason seeing a 2 pound loss on the scale demoralized me. It means I am succeeding and I need to keep going. Isn't that strange that success would freak me out. Well, it does.

Anyway, I couldn't make myself exercise b/c I felt pressure to do it. It felt like an obligation rather than a pleasure. So, I skipped my run. My eating was fine today- actually better than usual in that I ate more vegetables. And had more fat in my diet. I tend to eat very low fat, not on purpose but do to my food choices.

Tomorrow, I'll probably feel better and more used to the idea that I am about to break the 140's. Being a featherweight is taking some getting used to.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #164  
Grandma on the Go!

chickie - I know just how you feel. Everytime I get on the scale and I lose, I feel a burst of joy that is soon followed by a feeling of near panic (I always figured it was the fear of being able to stay at the new low weight).

I am glad to know that I'm not the only one that gets the strange double feeling. Since I usually go back up before I go back down maybe I feel like; "oh no - here goes the rollar coaster ride again." Anyway that's why looking back over my 4 month log helped me see the long term progress.
Hope you have a Terrific Tuesday.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #165  
Caroline

Yesterday was a really tough day emotionally. Work is really stressful and I think I am getting scared about approaching my goal weight. I'm used to failure, not success and I feel pressure to continue the progress. I gave myself permission not to exercise and ate a very healthy dinner. I'm glad I skipped the run- exercise should be uplifting not drudgery.

And this morning, I had a shock... I weighed myself at work and it said I was 138.5. I weighed myself multiple times, but same result. That is simply impossible. I am losing weight, but not at this rate. Friday I was 142, yesterday 140 and today 138.5. According to the scale, I lost 3.5 pounds in 4 days. The scale must be broken.

Oh well, I need to stay on plan despite the fact that I don't know what I actually weigh. I'll buy a scale today & recalibrate my weigh ins.

Having Indian food with a friend tonight. I want to stay on plan today. I'm ordering the food so I will do some Googling and come up with a sensible meal.

That's my lengthy update. How are you all today?