Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #136  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

x - on seeing the old flame for what he really was!

Now it's time to let a little into your life!
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgemziex View Post
Danni - Congrats on keeping at 127! && that you're body is feeling tighter, I think that's a better way of seeing how it's going than weight!

Joan - Good luck on being in the 150's for Sunday, I'm sure you can do it!
My sentiments exactly!

Tyla That's great about the cravings. A suggestion to break your plateau - try fast cardio. For example, running 3 miles at a comfortable pace is good, but running 1 1/2 miles, sprinting every couple hundred yards is better for losing weight. It dosen't have to be running. It could be anything. Whatever cardio you do, go at a normal pace for a couple minutes then seriously pick up the pace for 30 seconds or so. Try to do this for more than 20 minutes. If a 2 minute - 30 second ratio is too much, spread it out start with 5-7 minutes of regular and 30 seconds fast. Do what you can but incorporate the "really push it" idea and see if that makes a difference. Also, you do strength training right? It might be time time to up your weights. Heavier weights with less reps builds lean muscle better than a comfortable weight with more reps. And of course, muscle burns more calories than fat. But you will need a lot more protein. I'm not sure how Fat Smashers is on protein. Can you eat beans and tofu? What about protein powders, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt?

xgemziex Hope you're recovering from your hangover. Congrats on not going back to him. You deserve A LOT BETTER than that! If you start feeling like you're going to cave, remember your own words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3225820
I left him because he was a serial cheat and he hit me once and that was it
I'm sure you would tell your friends to avoid a guy like this, so you continue to do the same. Stay strong!

Now as for my absence. I was at 137.4 a couple weeks ago. I caved in to the food/sugar pushing Grandma and ended up on a junk food binge for a few days. I had to take naps because I felt so drained. I didn't have time to exercise and honestly I felt bad about coming on 3fc. Up 2 lbs. I got my act together, ate better, exercised like crazy, actually clicked on the 3fc home page but got called away and by the time I got back had to turn off the computer. But had managed to go down 3 lbs to a new low of 136.8. Then friends called and said they were in town for the night. After a couple slices of pizza, some chips and a cinnamon roll, I was up 3 lbs the next day. I was most discouraged and wasn't able to exercise the next day. I ended up snacking on chips and candy and was up another pound to 140.8. Somehow, I was down to 138.4 this morning. BUT I'm eating lunch with Grandma tomorrow who is bound to have Easter candy to send home, and with totm quickly approaching I'm not feeling particularly strong in the resistance category not to mention the water weight gain, and exercise time is going to be severely limited for the next several weeks, so, I am likely to end this challenge where I began at 140. Oh well. I guess I'll be joining the goal weight by 4th of July thread.
I am worth it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #138  
Grandma on the Go!

worth it - I guess that's why we call them challenges.
Some we win, some we lose ---- but in this fight we get credit for showing up and trying - again, and again, and again. See you on the July thread.

Last edited by danni; 04-01-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #139  

Thanks Danni
Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Iamworthit, wow, thank you. This is a really great idea!!! I'm going to get on my treadmill and have a great workout. Thank you for the weight training idea, too. The diet plan is a veg diet the first 9 days and some protein in the next phase. I'm on day 12. I feel ok, but I'm not sure if this is the right plan to do. Thanks for your suggestions.

TGIF! Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #141  

This morning I lost a lb. So, that means over the last 6 weeks of this challenge, I lost 1.6 lbs. I am so happy that I broke my plateau! Even though I didn't lose a lot in this challenge, I learned better habits and learned I could be totally disciplined even during the hard times.

HAPPY EASTER, EVERYONE!

Tyla
Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #142  
Grandma on the Go!

tya - I am also happy with how my new habits are starting to be routine.

Happy Easter Friends.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #143  

Tyla Great job on breaking the plateau. So are you done with the challenge?

I'm having my official weigh in tomorrow. I tried to do a last chance workout and strained a calf muscle while jogging. Oh well, at least it's minor. I stopped as soon as I felt it going. At this rate it will take me a year to work up to a 5k. Or longer!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #144  

I'm worth it, I'm done with this challenge, but I'm still trying to lose weight. I'm not giving up. I don't think I'll join an April weight loss challenge. It's too discouraging for me, especially when I really work at it. I may be back in another one a little later. I wish you all the best! You gave me some great ideas! Thank you.

Tyla
Old 04-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #145  
Gemma :)

S/C/G: 143.6/115.8/110

Height: 5"2

I am sorry I haven't posted for so long and I thank you girls for all the support! I've just had a mad week in between arguments and going out and work I just haven't had time to breathe never mind anything else. I mean I didn't get in until 4:30am today aha. It's really just been a week long party, I needed cheering up and I can't say any of it helped nor can I say I want it to stop. He finally flipped at me and won't speak to me, I know that's supposed to be a good thing but it's not. It makes me feel worse. Anyways off of the downer . I'm so glad all of you girls have done so well and I hope you all carry on losing, you're all amazing girls and whether you decide to carry on doing challenges or go it alone I wish you the best .

Seriously congrats. These last 6 weeks have been made a lot easier with the support of you girls!

Challenge start weight: 119.8 lbs
Current weight: 115.8 lbs
Loss: 4 lbs

Wanted to aim for 5 but I'm happy

Good luck and happy Easter!
xgemziex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:44 AM   #146  
Grandma on the Go!

x - Here is wishing you well. Hang around in the April Chat. Support is one of the major parts of eating clean and staying on track.

We are not perfect. I definitly took a night off last night and probably will have extra food at today's Easter lunch.

Tomorrow is Monday - always a good time for a new try.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #147  
Gemma :)

S/C/G: 143.6/115.8/110

Height: 5"2

Danni - Thankyou you too! I plan on doing, this site really is AMAZING. I hope you have a great Easter, I miss Easter dinner because I'm at work ! Ah yes a new week tomorrow but it's also bank holiday Monday which is when I get to celebrate my Easter, every year we go out just us girls so I'm looking forward to it ! . It's all about moderation and I'm glad I learnt something through this journey, especially now I know that a few hundred calories isn't going to make me gain like 3 lbs overnight haha. It's good to stop worrying and have fun!
xgemziex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #148  

Hi Everyone Congrats on your successes.
My official weigh in this morning was 140.6 - exactly where I started the challenge. I know it's really a little lower because of TOM. I did enjoy doing this challenge with you guys and getting to know you a little bit. It definitely helped me keep on track when I was consistent in coming to 3fc.

Tyla I don't think I'll be joining a challenge for a little while either. I'm going to have a hard enough time maintaining for the next month or so. But I do encourage you to check out the April chat. It's not the pressure of a challenge, but you still get the encouragement and learn things like the benefit of Flaxseed. Good luck Hope to see you around.