Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

yesterday I said NO to the amazing ice cream in the freezer, NO to exceeding my calories, and NO to feeling down after taking some "before" pics...

Good job, emmaD! just have to recommit when we get off track!
impressive mayness, pizza is one of my weaknesses...

Keep up the good work everyone!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 AM   #47  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Wow, shasha, great day yesterday!

I said no to a second glass of wine last night because it would have put me over 1200 calories for the day.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:10 PM   #48  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Ugh, the "before" photos!! However - I had good news yesterday when I looked at mine from 6 months ago ... although I am only 1 lb less than then, there is a noticeable difference in tone. I would never appreciate that improvement if I didn't have the horrific "before" for comparison.

No to a second glass of wine, that's hard to do!

I said no to my second glass of wine last night. But then more came anyway (I caught it at 1/4-pour. Then of course drank that).
I said no to fettuccine Alfredo. But that came anyway as well. (I counted every calorie I could estimate; that ~1-cup portion came out to be > 500 cals. And I don't want to talk about the fat...).
I said no to bread. Managed to stick to that one.
I said no to more than one small piece of chocolate.

AND... drumroll please... I said no to freaking out about an unplanned dinner party thwarting my plans to exercise and eat a really healthy dinner. I just did the best I could with what was offered (no time for me to make something to bring), estimated the calories I consumed (1478; I had eaten very little before dinner) and reminded myself that it is good to have friends, even if they don't have to worry about what they eat as much as I do.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #49  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

For the last two nights I have said NO to mindless (and even mindful) snacking, grazing, binging... cheating!

I had been calorie-counting, but that wasn't stopping me from making some bad choices. I tweaked my diet plan so that processed, sugary and high fat treats are not even an option. So far it's worked; I don't have the same kind of compulsion to graze through the junk food at night. It's a good feeling.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

i said no to a big lunch with my BF and grabbed a quick soup instead.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

even though i'm mad at my scale for not giving me a smaller number (and to be honest, i'm irrationally mad at my body for not losing more "weight," even though i know the scale does not necessarily reflect weight loss), i said no to chips and cookies today and to going over my calories!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #52  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha12 View Post
even though i'm mad at my scale for not giving me a smaller number (and to be honest, i'm irrationally mad at my body for not losing more "weight," even though i know the scale does not necessarily reflect weight loss), i said no to chips and cookies today and to going over my calories!
Ooh, I hear you, shasha - but way to go on sticking to the plan!

I said no to most of the goodies on the Super Bowl junk food table. Note I said "most" not "all".
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #53  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Last night my husband bought me a dark snickers bar. We had talked about one for our Super bowl treat but didn't find one. I did not eat it.

I plan on cutting it into fourths and treating myself once a week on my weigh in day if the scale has gone down.

I use to eat alot of sugar-free jello but now days I don't really crave anything. My favorite treat these days is 2 olives and 2 cheese cubes with triscuits.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #54  
Ilene the Bean

Yesterday I said no to granola bars, those sweet and salty ones, I can NEVER ever have just one... and at 170/bar that's a LOT of calories... so I had NONE instead... They are my downfall lately...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

At grocery store last night: I did not get the premade cake/chips/crumb topped donuts that I was craving.

Also this morning I left really early for work: I was tempted to go to Dunkin Donuts, but I didn't.(Those chocolate commericals they are running right now are TORTURE!)
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #56  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Today I am doing a bunch of financial paperwork, which I HATE. I let too much time go by between breakfast and lunch time and I was STARVING. My plan was to have a giant what I call "salad bar" salad, which includes a bit of everything. But no way did I feel up to chopping a bunch of veggies and all I wanted was a Kashi protein/fiber bar (that and dark chocolate are the only sweet things I eat right now). Really, that's all I wanted. I couldn't find one but I found some other really sweet bar-type things .... oooo.... the temptation was great. So I used an old trick: eat a bowl of the white chili that was (luckily) in the fridge and see how I feel after...

I'm happy to report that it is now quite easy to say NO to the sweet fiber bars!

I think I would explode if I ate one now...
Old 02-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #57  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

So far today I have said no to ice cream. I am snowed in and cranky. But I went way over my calories yesterday and really need a low day.

I have to bake some cc cookies tonight. I may put one in the freezer that I can have over the weekend.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #58  
Ilene the Bean

Emma -- for finding an alternative to eating something sweet... What is white chili?

natamars -- what are cc cookies?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #59  
Ilene the Bean

Oh my, I just Googled white chili and it looks delicious am definitely going to try that. Emma, do you have a special recipe?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #60  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Oh my, I just Googled white chili and it looks delicious am definitely going to try that. Emma, do you have a special recipe?
Someone mentioned white chili on a thread, so I got in my mind to make some. I also Googled and found tons, but none exactly what I wanted - with lots of veggies. So I combined a bunch of the recipes and added my own ideas and ended up with a delicious soup. I posted it here

I've only made it the one time, so I can see many variations in the future -- add green chiles and/or hominy, also many people use chicken and probably chicken stock, but I wanted a vegetarian soup.

Hearty soups like this are a lifesaver when starving!