Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone. Sounds like everyone is off to a great start for a healthy new year. I'm so very happy that the holidays are over and I can get back on plan! We traveled for close to 2 weeks from family to family and at WAY too much plus a lot of on-the-road fast food. Didn't exercise a lick either. So my New Years Resolution this year is to get more organized in everything, including meal planning, so I'm hoping this will aide in my weight loss journey. I started for this week and made a large container of chicken salad with cranberries & almonds and low fat mayo for my lunches. And we haven't had to run to McD's all week for a last minute dinner! I desperately need to get back into working out! I got two new workout videos for Christmas but haven't done anything. It goes back to the question posed earlier about how working out makes you feel great, so why do we backslide??? I'm having such a hard time pushing play for some reason... but why? It's only 1/2 hour a day... seriously... what's my problem??? Today will be the day I push play!

Last edited by ShrinkingAmy; 01-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Got my daily workout by shoveling snow off our sidewalks and LONG driveway today! I think this must've burned quite a few calories. I've been preparing lots of healthy meals this week and enjoying the leftovers for lunches. Things are going well. I "feel" like the Christmas weight is dropping off, but I only weigh in once a week, so we will see what happens next week. I want so desperately to get to my goal sometime soon, but these last pounds are tough. It also doesn't help when you gain weight back during the holidays! I think I'll be conservative and say I hope to be in maintenance by Easter. That seems realistic....hope I achieve it!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #63  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Ilene - hope your weight woosh has arrived as mine still hasn't. It's not fair - tantrum!

Robsia - has your part of the world ground to a halt? I live in Brum which is OK but I work in Worcestershire which seems to be shut!

Su-Bee - Hello! How lovely to see you after all this time.

Still on plan, still sick, still fat but still carrying on.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Doughnut -- No weight woosh yet ... plus I'm having a glass of wine, but only one glass, DH brought it to me without asking if I wanted one, so how could I refuse him so I doubt I'll see a loss in the morning ...

Today ran in the afternoon it was a little cool -7c/19f because it was a bit windy and damp, I hate damp weather it feels so much colder than dry sunny cold crisp days... ran 3.5 miles/5.6k... After my run I was ravenous, scarfed down an apple and a banana and water.... I was still super hungry at supper an hour later and started eating crackers while making supper I hate doing that! But all in all the day was less than 1600 cals. I also went to the gym tonight ... It was a good day...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #65  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Well, if anyone sees the "whoosh", please send it my way. I could REALLY use it!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

I finally did it! I finally did a workout! LOL! Sad that I'm so excited about one work out, but I know that once I've started, I'm good about keeping with it. I did Jackie Warner's 1 on 1 Lower body workout and man, I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I could barely walk into the family room from the living room after finishing! My legs are still on fire!
Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #67  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies.

Well almost through the first week, of weekdays at least. My exercise has been great 5 out of 5. My food has been pretty good calories wise. It could be better especially if I would plan ahead and know what I'm going to eat. Maybe I'll aim for that next week.

ShrinkingAmy - Yeah for the workout. You have to start somewhere and you did.

I've had a whoosh since New Years so I'm sending it your way Ilene, Ms Perception, Doughnut and anyone else that needs it. Stick with it.

The weekends are usually harder for me but I'm going to try and stay strong. My pattern has been to do well during the week and then ruin it over the weekend and have to start all over again on Monday.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Be careful wishing for the whooshes, ladies, they'll go to your head. This morning I was a little disappointed that I was up 0.2 lb and back at 130.0... and then I remembered that I've lost 2.8 lbs since Monday so what on EARTH am I complaining about?!? Geez.

TGIF, happy weekend to everyone! What's your plan for keeping the weekend under control? I'm not doing much, probably a lot of housework, so I'll get some extra activity in and I'll have plenty of time to cook and exercise. No social obligations whatsoever. Should be an easy one!

Yesterday was decent... ate about 1350 calories, but didn't work out, because we had to run some unexpected errands. Since Saturday was going to be my rest day, I'm just shifting everything around so I still get in the same number of workouts.

I think I'm coming down with a cold. Yesterday I started getting very sniffly and congested, and now today I've got a headache and feel like my sinuses are a bit inflamed. I hope it doesn't slow down my weekend too much!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #69  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

mayness-Bummer about getting a cold! I'm just finishing mine and it was not helpful as I was trying to re-establish good habits this past week. I fought through it though and now I'm feeling MUCH better!

timetostart-Thanks! I must have gotten just a dose, because I was down .4 this morning.

I was happy with my tiny .4 LOSS this morning! I'm guessing I'm retaining some due to pre-TOM and I should see some real results from my hard work in the next week or so. I've been OP with food and exercise and I feel good, so all is well. My plan for the weekend is to minimize opportunities to eat stupid. We're going to spend most of tomorrow at my parents' and my mom already told me one of the meals she's making and it's relatively good health-wise. The other will probably be decent too since she's trying to make healthy changes now. Tonight it's pizza for supper,but I think I'm going for a thin crust veggie pizza from a local place, so that won't be terrible either. That pizza craving I've been having isn't going away, but I can handle it in a healthy way! I totally plan to see more loss this weekend. I will be annoyed if I allow myself to go too overboard on anything this early into the year. I want to get to goal SUPER bad!
Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #70  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

GROOOWWWWWL Yeah that is me this morning. Nobody better get in my way today!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
GROOOWWWWWL Yeah that is me this morning. Nobody better get in my way today!
Why? No woosh?

*sigh* no woosh for me this morning... The weekend is not going to be good, we're going out at least twice, maybe more ... I'll do what I can with what I've got...
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #72  

We have SNOW SNOW SNOW around here! I went to Target today to buy some new snow pants for my kids, and I was trying to find some for myself. There were no women's snow pants available, so I tried on a boys XL.....and guess what???? They fit and were kinda baggy even. I seriously can't believe it! I was wearing a women's 20/22 in the not so distant past, and now I fit into boys XL pants?? CRAZY! I also bought a swimsuit there and it was size small. SO CRAZY! Little things like this keep me going. My body is not perfect by any means, and probably never will be. But it feels so much better at this size!!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #73  

Mayness.......feel better soon! I'm getting a cold also, and it's not helping my motivation to exercise. AT ALL!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #74  
Doughnut

Well I can't claim to have had a weight "whoosh", maybe more a "wh..". I'm not complaining mind, I'm grateful to see the scale start with 15 something rather than 16. Time was I'd've cried in fury to see 15 and now I'm pleased!

There's still tons of snow (for us) here and the local councils are worried about running out of grit. I'm more worried about this cold snap lasting until the end of the month cos I fully intend to be on a plane out of here and the airports aren't doing so well in this weather.

Apart from transport problems I quite like this weather - I love walking in snow so have been out making the most of it this week. Got a long walk in this morning and OH and I are heading out for the afternoon now - I fancy buying some new boots.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #75  
Doughnut

PS - Forgot to mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
doughnut...breathe......fat may be down and water may be up. The scale is not always an accurate representation. If you were faithful to the program, then results will come.
I just found ennay's fantastic post sticky in the weight loss support forum re fluctuations in scale weight and water weight. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone hving a hard time.
Closed Thread