Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:05 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

i am so ready for the holidays to be over. i loved getting to spend so muxh time with family and friends but i can't wait for the new year to start, for school to start and for the diet to restart. tomorrow a friend suggested we go cross-county skiing which i think will be great to help offset the extra calories from tomorrow night...i go back into diet mode full swing on jan 2nd. it's hard...i gained twenty pounds this year. since i started on 3fc i lost about 4 pounds and have since gained it back, through school stress and holidays. i'm ready to get back to the weight i feel best at!
happy new years everybody! see you in 2010!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:03 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Tomorrow is it ... the beginning of a new month again. Think on it. What are your plans?

I, personally, need to get some decent lifting in!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm doing a lot of reflecting and planning... like I'm sure a lot of us are today!

Since I've still got a trip out of town for two more "Christmases" left (out to dinner with my dad on Friday, and my mom's family's celebration on Saturday) I'm considering January 3 the start of my new year.

2010 is the year I'm going to get to my goal weight! I'm feeling very excited about that, and eager for this new year to start.

I set some 2010 goals for a challenge I joined... one of them is to exercise 250 hours in 2010. I'm going to set up a ticker and *hopefully* I'll actually remember to log it every time.

Despite not being at my lowest weight, I'm currently in the best shape of my life... I can lift more, run more, and just plain DO more than I have ever been able to before. (I'm including my childhood - I was always lazy, and overweight from a young age.) The realization that I could probably feel even better and do even more if I dropped these last 15-ish pounds really helps keep me going.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:20 AM   #169  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello everyone. I've been absent for a while due to some seriously crazy ISP problems and then through total shame! I cannot believe how much I've let my weight rise; this is the most I've weighed since I gave up smoking 6 years ago. This time last year I weighed 140 so that's an impressive 1 1/2 stone in a year and it's worse still when I consider that 15lbs of that has really been since October (that's where the shame kicks in).

I always make plans and goals that I can't stick to each New Year so this time it's just one (weight related anyhow) - to learn that one biscuit does not a diet break. I have lost count of how many times I've let one chocolate bar/biscuit/ice cream spell the end of a decent period of healthy eating and if I achieve anything this year I would like it to be the end of that cycle. I started back on plan on Monday and things are good so I'm feeling positive.

Happy New Year Feathers (please don't kick me out for self-misdescription)
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #170  

Height: 5'4"

Count me in as another who is looking forward to the holidays being over and starting fresh in 2010. My goals, like others are to get to my goal weight and figuring out how to maintain it in a reasonable manner. For me, it is all about moderation, portion control and consistency. Of course this is easier said then done. I hope to join in on the chat on a more regular basis so that I have some accountabilty.

I wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy New Year.

Amy
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 223/127/137

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

I am another one that will be happy to get back to a routine after the holidays. I am a preschool teacher and have been off for almost two weeks. While the break is nice, I have discovered that I do MUCH better with a routine. It has been hard having food around as well. In the beginning of my weight loss, I had tons of support. Everyone wanted to help. Now that I am so close to goal, people just seem to get irritated about what I will and will not eat. I just don't understand why anyone cares if I eat a cookie! I can resist the food, I am just getting very frustrated by the comments that are being made to me.

I have now posted in two threads and have yet to introduce myself. I will do that next!
kelleewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #172  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I'm doing a lot of reflecting and planning... like I'm sure a lot of us are today!

2010 is the year I'm going to get to my goal weight! I'm feeling very excited about that, and eager for this new year to start.

I set some 2010 goals for a challenge I joined... one of them is to exercise 250 hours in 2010.
Me too, me too!!

Weight loss has been uncooperative for me so far - so I am sticking with the fitness goals for now.

My only actual goal for 2009 was modest. Be able to run 30' at at time, using the Couch to 5K program. My last one is tonight so √ that off the list!

I just came up with one of my goals for 2010. Sounds silly, but to be able to do a REAL pushup! I don't think I have ever been able to. How cool would that be? The steps toward that include doing 30 of my baby knee-pushups (I'm still at 90° now, not even an angle yet) every day, making an effort to increase the angle.

My other goal is *365* hours of exercise for the year. Yup, that's an average of an hour a day!! Probably craziness, but I average 5.5 hours/week now. I set it so high because I want to include more walks and I want to hike more next year, which ends up being 3-5 hours or so. I hope this will make me plan for more walks/hikes when my numbers are too low.

I'm going to have my body fat re-assessed around Jan 10, which will be 6 months from the first time. If it's still 34% I am going to and but I'll deal with that when the time comes... Then I'll test again six months later.

Not sure what else, what else? Maybe another session with a personal trainer to see if what I am doing can be improved ... maybe Zumba again, as I could really stand to improve my coordination... Anyone else have specific year-long exercise goals? I could use more ideas...
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote