Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/120

Height: 5'5

Default New here need a buddy!

HI! I am new here starting today to lose 20 lbs. I felt so gross after thanksgiving that i have to start losing this weight. I need a buddy or a few to check in with along the way. - it helps me be more accountable!! Hope someone else needs a little help!
jenniferk525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

I too am starting today and plan to loose 20 lbs. I would love to have a diet buddy to help me keep accountable.
What diet plan are you following? I am on calorie counting and plan to eliminate all processed food from my diet.
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1''

Default I am New too

Hello,

I am trying to lose weight and I signed up here today!!! I would like to join you two in helping eachother. I am one that needs motiviation and support from others in order to keep me going!!

I have been trying to lose weight for awhile, I am not that good at it..ha I have just been watching my calorie intake, trying to make healthy choices and exercising a little.

What are your plans or goals??
club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

newbies everywhere girls!!!

Here is our weekly Feathers thread come and join us
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #5  

yeah! glad to have some buddies! i am starting to use portion control and making all around better food choices. I need to look around this site for some info on specific diets and a calorie counter. I plan on posting my daily meals so any advice on substitues or changes would be great! Here was today:
5 cups of teas with 5 tablespoons of sugar - drank throughout the day not at 1 sitting! I don't want to use splenda anymore even though it is calorie free.
2 slices of fiber one whole grain toast with a little cream cheese
lentil soup with brown rice
flavored seltzer
2 slices light cheese
handful of pecan and a handful of craisins
1/2 bananna
2 cups spaghetti with tomato sauce
diet root beer
melba toast with bruschetta

Let me know how i can help you guys!
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #6  

ugh! i just went and counted my calories from yesterday and I am at 1820 for the day. My 2 thoughts on this are 1. i should have checked during the day. and 2. omg how many calories was i eating before?! Today i am keeping track as i go! will update later with my days info! I want to get a yoga video any suggestion for a beginner?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #7  

Isn't it amazing how few calories you think you are eating but when you count it out it is a lot!! I don't count strictly, I look at the calories on whatever I am eating and keep track through out the day on where I am I have been limiting myself to 1200-1300 per day. Somedays I don't think I eat enough and other days I eat way to much of the wrong stuff. I find it really hard to balance everything.

My rule of thumb though is that if you are consious of what you are eating and the choices that you are making you are doing good. All you can do is your best. And I also think it is very important to eat breakfast.

Are you exercising at all?? That is what I really have trouble with. I need to find stuff to do at home, I have a gym membership but I hardly ever go, it takes a lot of energy to make myself exercise... If you have any tips I would gladly like to hear them.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #8  

no, i am not exercising! i hate to exercise. I haven't been strict since i graduated high school in 1997!!! I played sports so I did it 6 days a week, i never could get into after. I am thinking about trying a yoga video and i have always wanted to run but never got into it. I think i may try from couch to 5k.
I am a mother of a 2 yr old and a nanny so i work from 8-6 with the 2 kids then go home dinner, playtime, put my dd to bed and it is 8 pm and i have laundry, etc. i know every working mothers story but it is hard fro me to fitin the extra time. I know i should do it in the am but im tired!!! i knwo thta once i get into a rotunie i will feel better, etc - it is just hard for me to get started.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hi gals,

I'm also new here..and trying to lose 20lbs..mind if I join in?
Lisa
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #10  

LisaTcan,

Of course you can join.. Welcome, I hope we are able to give the motivation/encouragement eachother needs.

What are your goals and plans???
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #11  

Thanks!
My goal is to get into the 120's..I weighed in this morning at 146. I'm eating about 1500 cal a day and working out 4x a week. Trying the slow and steady route!

Lisa
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #12  

PS I also want to get into yoga
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 146 {[Mini:136.by 12/25]}

Height: 5'4

Talking Im new too!

Hello all,

I want to be a part of it as well.I plan on loosing around 25lbs. and am also planning on doing some yoga and cardio. I read the new issue of Womens Health which has a great strat out program for me, its: 30 min long running for 3 and walking for 3, you will gradually go incresing but you do this during the first month, it sounds realistic enough to me but will see. Im one to buy all the stuff and never use it. Anyways, i hope we can offer each other great support this is going to be fun
MCP1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #14  

Good morning! Welcome MCP1109, it's nice that there are so many of us that are new and have similar goals.
I'm down to 145..about to go to brunch with my girl friends so hopefully I can keep it off!
Have a good day
Old 12-02-2009, 10:34 AM   #15  

I weighed in this morning at 142!! Which is up a little from yesterday, but I ate a snack yesterday that I usually dont have.

I have been trying to lose weight for a year already!!! I have lost over the past year but I dont' want it to take another year to loose the rest, I am hoping I can do it in a couple of months. Any tips or suggestions to meet my goal by March?

I want to get into running but that will take time since I have never really been a runner. I see some of you are intersted in yoga or pilates?? Are you going to classes or getting stuff off the internet? Why do you like yoga/pilates?