Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

I picked out my engagement ring, too! My husband referred to it as his "big screen" for two years untill he actually bought a big screen tv!

Drive by post here too... it's 9:30pm and I still have to go work out for the day. Already ran my C25K W2D2, but need to do some more to hit my exercise minutes goal for the month!

Keep on keepin' on!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:19 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Yesterday was our family Thanksgiving so no exercise for me either.

After work today I could do with a nap, the elliptical and a small portion of low fat something
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #63  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there Ladies.

I hope you don't mind me dropping by. I am really *wanting* to get into the 120's. It is time! I know what is required of me to get there. If I want it badly enough, I know it will happen.

Typically I run 4 miles. I have also been mixing up some crosstraining with it--indoor rock climbing and tennis. I have to say I wish I liked Tennis more. My interest is waning. On the other hand, I love the rock climbing. I guess I like the intensity of the climb--just the same as the running. It feels good.

To be in the 120's would give me a nice comfort zone. At the moment, I do not feel at liberty to largely indulge in something with limited nutritional value. I do have indulgences now but vastly limit them. Before I began my journey, one of my most favorite things was Mexican food--and not the healthy kind. I would like to have a plate of it again sometime.

Anyway, thank you for reading my ramble. I hope you don't mind me dropping in.

I would also like to ask a question. If you have stats near mine, where is your calorie intake right now? What is your workout? Thanks a million Fweights!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #64  

Welcome Thighs Be Gone!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #65  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Welcome TBG

I'm cooking the turkey tomorrow, I'll make sure I keep my plate from getting overloaded. Only 15 for dinner this time.
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome TBG. I know what you mean. I like ideally to be in a range where if I gain 5 lbs it's no big deal rather than being at goal and feeling overweight if I gain a little. I eat 1350 or less and work out daily alternating cardio (3 miles of jogging) and weights).

I just dropped another 5 lbs! ... for 10 lbs total! It's taken me 12 weeks, but so worth it!
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #67  

Good morning!

Yesterday was much better (weight loss wise) than Saturday. My food was cwap but the calories were lower and I was on the elliptical for 25 minutes.

I'm going to have to stay on course better this week. I'm exactly the same weight as I was last Monday.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #68  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Happy Monday everyone!

Hi, TBG! I'm about your height but I'm a long way from your weight! Amy looks to be close, though - maybe she's got some input? Honestly, I don't feel even close to qualified to comment on anybody's program because mine is a little fringey - I've learned that I need quite a lot of fat in my diet to beat the hungries. I'm just beginning to get serious about exercising again, so things are likely to change. I expect to be needing to adjust up my protein.

SusanB - Each day is an opportunity to go to bed feeling good about what we did, and to learn about what works! Hey ... in my book, not backsliding IS a form of going forward!

Amy, nice job with the running! I'm jealous of your living in NC - I just visited Raleigh and everybody was out walking and running - lots of healthy-looking people!

jayjay - well expressed! I am hoping to bust out of the 150s and then get far enough into the 140s to never have to look at 150 again. I just wish I knew which direction the scale's going to go when I start swimming ... oh well!

Time to get things going for the day. Be well, everyone!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Welcome TBG! I am close to your height/weight and I'm aiming for the 120's too - but I don't really track calories - I just try to not eat a bunch of crap. I do keep a food diary just to help keep me on track - but I don't go to the trouble of looking up calories/fat/etc... If I had to guess, I'd say I eat between 1300-1500 calories. I work out 6 days/week - three days of C25K, and 6 days of exercise videos. My scale is currently saying 133 but I have a feeling that once my bloating goes away from TOM, I'll have a "swoosh" and drop down to maybe 131. As of now I've lost 4lbs in the past 30 days-ish, but my body is looking 100% better - "much leaner and more toned" - per my DH! . And just today I tried on a skirt I haven't been able to wear in about 8 years and it fit!

Hope everyone else is doing great - I've got to run but will be back later with more personals!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Default new to 3fc

Hi everyone,
I am new to 3FC and I would love to join in on the support. I can't seem to get my act together on my own! I have yo-yo'd for years (never getting too heavy, thank god) but I just can't get on track this time. I am a late-night binge and emotional eater. I do pretty good all day and then go nuts once the kids are in bed. It is like it is the only way I know how to nurture myself--and the more I do it, the more I reinforce the behavior. My sweetie is right there with me, but he is so active he can eat and eat and eat.

Usually I start counting calories and go on a binge-free plan and lose the weight, but then I can't maintain.

I would love to drop 10lbs or so and be free of this insanity.

Karen
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

Hi TBG and everyone ...

Oh, I've had a horrid few days... I did run 2 days in a row.... but this Canadian weekend killed me ... Oh, well, back at it tomorrow...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #72  

Morning!

I got called in to work yesterday where one of the dr's wives brought us Thanksgiving dinner. Oh my gosh it was delicious!
But apparently work was hectic enough to counteract it. The scale is down this morning

I have nothing ready for my work lunches this week, so I'd better do that today.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

thanks for all the welcoming messages everyone! i was away all weekend for thanksgiving...2 thanksgiving dinners!i am way too scared to get on the scale.but i feel like in a few days my flu will be all gone. so trying to figure everything out with a diet. i'm not exactly sure what to do...i wish i could just eat well without too many restrictions but i have a huuuuge appetite ( like, bigger than the bf and all my male friends) and i think i'll do better with something structured. any suggestions?
ps robsia- i love your ring!!!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #74  
Ilene the Bean

Jiggles, I also had 2 Thanksgiving dinners ... I am not weighing in till at least Thursday morning...

Today was a spot on food day, I'm not going to the gym but I will do some body weight bearing exercises in a few minutes...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Default let's get it started!

Hi everyone,
I had planned to start the diet yesterday, but now my oldest son is sick and I am feeling yucky too. What's a girl to do?
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote