Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #31  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Oh, Ilene! Hi! Have you been out on your bike?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I stayed on plan mostly this weekend but I didn't weigh myself this morning I hope to see some results tomorrow! I got up at 4:50am and went to the gym. I feel so accomplished! This means I get to go straight home to my husband after work and be lazy on the couch I can't wait! I really hope I can keep this up! Going the gym in the morning has left me a bit exhausted today but hopefully in a week or so I'll just get used to it. I have a hard enough time sleeping in on the weekends or staying up late...this is not going to help that, oh well....
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi Featherweights!

Well I'm three weeks into my diet/fitness/exercise program and getting a bit discouraged. I gained 0.5 lb in the past week and total weight loss is only 2 lbs despite exercise every day -- alternating cardio and weights/abs exercises. I've been great about staying on diet food and portion wise too. I'm hoping I just have some water weight gain.

I continuing to plug away but uggg I just want that first 5 lbs gone!!!
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

I've been on the elliptical three days in a row! How pathetic is it that that is noteworthy
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 152.5/149.5/125

Height: 5'5"

Hi everybody!

Good Job SusanB! That is an accomplishment and keep it up!!

I am feeling real good today! I have gone to the gym every morning this week! My weight flucuated a bit this week, but finally this morning the Wii Fit scale said 149.5! I have broken (barely LOL) into the 140's woohoo!! My Wii Fit told me my BMI is now "normal" and my Mii went from being chubby to average looking, hahaha made me laugh how 1/2 a lb makes that much of a difference in a computer program or on a chart but in real life it isn't really all that simple!

Either way I am so pleased, because this means, hopefully, that I will now be struggling in the 140's instead of the 150's for the next however long and that makes me happy!

yay!
Harps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #36  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yawn....

Good morning!

Susan B. is exactly right about the skywalk. Very handy in Michigan in January!

Harps--Mega Kudos for getting into the 140's!

Silverbirch--sounds like we've got a bit in common. I'm 52 years old trying to keep up with my 3 year old son. I swear he could go 24/7 if we didn't duct tape him to his bed at night--Oh for a shot of his energy.

But then, that is a big part of why I'm doing this--to be able to keep up with him and to be here for him when I'm 65 and he's 16 (shudder).

jayjay--we're in in the same neighborhood as far as body weight goes. Getting closer to goal always means to me that it gets waaaay slower. We just have to hang in there.

Today "The Feeder" is ordering in lavish spreads again since the boss will be in town today and tomorrow. I arranged to be in the laboratory [a different site] both days to stay safe from the carbo-loading about to hit the fan!

Guess I'm feeling more ruthless the closer I get to the 120's!

Big Sharky Grin!!

spanx

Last edited by spanky; 08-13-2009 at 10:18 AM.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #37  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Morning!

I've been on the elliptical three days in a row! How pathetic is it that that is noteworthy
Oh man, if that were me I'd probably phone all my friends and tell them! My exercise regime has been non-existent since I buggered my knee on a run in January and that started the pile on from the mid 130s to virtually 160. How did I let this happen to me? Again.

Harps - woohoo! Many congratulations

Spanky - keep The Feeder stories coming - I find them peversely entertaining

I'm doing really well - I've been totally Op for a week now. I'm not exactly being hard on myself though as I'm averaging 1400 cals per day with no exercise. It's enough to drop half or three quarters of a pound a week without me feeling deprived and then breaking down in a mad binge. Frankly any loss right now is great, anything to stop that number hitting 160 which just is not acceptable to me.

Oh well, must go lounge around now

Last edited by Doughnut; 08-13-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:

Any bit of exercise is note worthy!! Way to go Susan...

Spanky -- I love the Feeder stories too... What a woman

Harps -- sometimes it's that .5 of a pound that can make or break our day, now Susan, THAT's pathetic Edited to add: not your weight loss Harps but the fact that .5 of a pound can make or break a day... I just felt the need to clarify that

Doughnut -- sorry to hear about your knee, I would not know what to do with myself if I could not exercise I'd probably go a little

jayjay77 -- keep doing what you're doing and eventually something's gotta give ...

Silver, yes I still bike and love it!!

This week has been a good food and exercise week, lots of biking, some running and some gym time too...But the scale hasn't moved

Last edited by Ilene; 08-13-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the support Featherweights! The last few days the scale seems to be moving down again, but I only "officially" weigh once a week so we will have to wait until next week to see if this progress is real.

SusanB -- three days on elliptical is fantastic!

Harps -- wow! getting up at 4:50 am is real dedication! Congrats on "normal" BMI! That is my first goal, not there yet but hopefully soon.

spanky -- I love your Feeder stories too! I think the hardest part of most jobs is the crazy people you have to deal with. ... love the dog surfing in your avatar too!

doughnut -- sorry to hear about the knee ... injuries are so hard. Hope you can heal relatively quickly!

Ilene -- you seem so active and fit ... very inspiring! I'm sure the scale will move soon!
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #40  

Make that four days and a good 20 minutes of upper back and arms!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #41  
Fighting the Good Fight

Happy Friday!

OK. HOW does she do it? The Feeder continues to find new ways to foil a diet!!!

She has been the one who keeps our kitchen fridge stocked with Coke, Pepsi, etc. These are things which everyone but me uses and enjoys--no problem. I stick to black coffee or bottled water--which she also orders for us. [courtesy of our employer]

This morning she sent us an email saying that the company wants to cut costs so both the COFFEE and the WATER will be discontinued!!!!! Not the soft drinks,not the hot chocolate, not the wine, not even the champaign [I kid you not here]--- just coffee and water.

Her comment? : "You'll just have to learn to drink pop like the rest of us".

AAAAaaaarrrrggggh!

Spanx

Last edited by spanky; 08-14-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #42  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Happy Friday!

Her comment? : "You'll just have to learn to drink pop like the rest of us".

AAAAaaaarrrrggggh!

Spanx
I almost wish I worked with her - she's so mad!!! My employers have just cut the water supply too which is aggravating but I have to say that where I live we have fantastic tap water so it's not much of a problem. The cake pushers have been out in force this week at work but I have to say that the more they push the less inclined I am to cave in.

Think I may have finally dropped a bit but I'll wait till Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #43  

Spanky ... it think with the current movement toward healthier workplaces, you should address this. There certainly should be water for you to drink. If the company is going to provide anything, it should be healthy.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Spanky ... it think with the current movement toward healthier workplaces, you should address this. There certainly should be water for you to drink. If the company is going to provide anything, it should be healthy.
Excellent point Susan!!

Spanx I would shoot her!! Honestly she should get a life...

Yesterday we had a party here and I ate wayyyy to much!! Today was leftovers and hung over day ... Tomorrow I am running, biking and going to the gym!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #45  
Fighting the Good Fight

The fridge is still stocked with the bottled water--only it's to be offered to guests only at this site. So I'm being naughty: my move has been to keep refilling the last bottle I had. Now she keeps checking the fridge to count the guest bottles to see if I'm swiping them. Indoor sport at it's finest!

This weekend we were out at our lake place and I ate on plan but didn't drink enough. Trying to make up for that today and get back to normal. Mental note: bring enough fluids on those weekends.

Happy Monday!

spanky