Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Ok then ... I got one day of calorie counting in. I'm a little low and my percentages suck but ... I counted and didn't over do it.

Now on to day 2 ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #62  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well done! I went through a phase like that a while ago - I'd count for a few days then think "Oh sod it!" and stop bothering - I did eat healthily and didn';t put on more than a few pounds over the course of a couple of months, but I was so sick and tired of counting everything.

But then I had a week full of parties and put on about 5 pounds over a weekend - THEN I had to really start counting again, especially if I want to hit my new goal by August. When I first set this goal I had oodles of time to do it - which is why I was a bit lax - thinking it would be easy.

Now I have less time and I have really had to knuckle down and just do it.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #63  
Ilene the Bean

Counting calories are so important to me.... I haven't counted in a while, time excuse, but I can certainly feel it, specially on days where I eat too many carbs...

Kids are out of school, library is quiet, but it's catch up time, and boy am I busy... there are at least 50 books that have not been returned :rolleeys: and I am sending billings out, and I doubt that they will be paid... Oye, I find kids and some parents so irresponsible when it comes to some things....

I am on a bit off track this AM food wise, admin had a big breakfast of quiches, fruits, and pastries, allll home made... I had to practice restraint ... I was looking at a young teacher who has lost a ton of weight this year and you know what she ate, nothing, she was smart and had breakfast at home... I shoulda done the same!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #64  

Height: 5'7''

Can I join you, featherweights?
I've been reading your for a while, and I'd like to chat a little about my everyday struggle too!
After all, my best friend is totally fed up about my daily weight-report, eheheh.
I hope I can share my routine with you and give you support if you need it

So briefly, let my introduce myself!
I'm Susanna, 26 years old, living in Italy and working in the press review area.
Also an amateur theatre actress and a swimming-babe!
I've been struggling with binges for 10 years (almost ED), but now I'm getting better.
I'll write more in the featherweights's profiles thread, which is more appropriate I guess.

So can I call myself a Featherweight?
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #65  

Sure Susanna, you are very welcome to join us. And you can talk about almost anything you'd like.

I fell for the old "we've got new xray equpiment, let's have cake thing" today. It wasn't too bad but now I've got that wobbly after carb feeling. I'll snick a piece of my lunch chicken.
It's a toss up whether I'll have a wee nap or elliptical before supper
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Susanna ... Italy, how nice, is it as pretty as they say?

I've had a soso day food wise... I just gotta get my act together I did workout today...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM   #67  

Good morning!

I tried to have a nap yesterday but got up and cooked instead. I went on the elliptical later and did a little gardening too. I'm not sure I'm going to beat my exercise ticker this month. I may have to go for hikes on the weekend.

My calories were lovely but once again ... those percentages! And that rum cooler Today I have a hardboiled egg in my bag to see if I can beat that midafternoon slump. Thankfully, no departments are unveiling new equipment today and there should be no cake. I don't even really like cake.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #68  
MasterHarper

Wah - nutridiary is down!!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Susan - I understand about eating something you don't even like. Yesterday I ate a small bag of M&M's for no real reason, just because they were there. What a waste . Well , no looking back, just forward. On to a new day and better choices.
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:49 AM   #70  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Good morning, welcome julietta

Wt down to 125.5 yesterday and back up to 126 today. Planned nothing yesterday and my food showed it. Way to many bite licks and tastes and way more sugar and processed food than agrees with me. Instead of running yesterday am I colored my grays, so at least I was productive

Today, I WILL chart calories in daily plate!!!

Have an on plan day!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #71  

Height: 5'7''

here again

I'm just having my cup of hot green tea. I'm trying to switch my afternoon coffee (I still have one in the morning... I get up at 4.30am so it definitively helps me to keep my eyes open ) into a green tea... things seem to go better in this way so far. I don't even need to put sugar in it because the taste is nice

Now it's almost raining... grrr I had planned a one hour walk outside... but I don't give up, maybe the weather can improve!
Otherwise, just stretching for me!

Last edited by Julietta; 06-24-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes!
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #72  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

im baaaack lol
i was back down to 139 this morning. How i got back down, i have absolutly no clue. But that continues to be how it works :P
lol today was a good day. i havent emotional-eaten tonight even though im dealing with some things that are really stressing me out, and so im very proud of myself for that hopefully this keeps up and the rest of the week goes well
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:06 AM   #73  

Good morning!

I had a good day yesterday too. Even my percentages were better.

I spent a leisurely 45 minutes on the elliptical. I do understand how much better I'd be doing if I pushed the intensity but ... I'm just not ready. I do have a sturdy propensity toward burnout. It's enough right now to work on getting into the habit of exercise. Later on, I'll get it righter ... more right.

I shudder each time I read about a new dieter who has a food plan, cardio plan and lifting plan in place that they're going to start on Monday. This would be the kiss of death for me.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 AM   #74  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Ok, Monday morning.
Starting week at 127.5.

Some reflections on why I have not followed thru with even posting here or daily plate:
1. No time to get to home computer- computer at office down, using one in public space.
1. NO EXCUSE. When I was in super duper weight loss mode I got here and used 3fc as a lifeline and tallied at the end of the day if I couldn't do it midday.

2. Hubbie so tired and overworked, I can't take the time for a run when we are together during family time.
2. NO EXCUSE. When I was in high gear weight loss mode I had no prob running before sunrise or even hiring a mother's helper for 1 or 2 hours so I could run without guilt. (totally self inflicted btw, not put on me by dh)

Back to real world, no excuses and daily accountability. It's that important

Edited to add, did stay mostly on plan this past week but just ate too much and moved too little. I gotta get back to basics!

Last edited by kittycat40; 06-29-2009 at 08:54 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #75  
MasterHarper

Woot - started the week at 130.6 - lowest . . . weight . . . EVER!!!!!

I actually lost 2 lb last week, which is amazing - I consider it a good week if I lose 1!!

I'm so close to those 120s I can taste it!!

Ran 14 miles last week. Got myself a nasty blood blister on my big toe which I coddled a bit over the weekend. But went out again this morning and did 4 miles in 80 deg sun, shaving 7 seconds off my previous best! I really thought I had gone slower today so imagine my surprise when I came back and checked my trusty Garmin and found out I had gone faster!