Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Tinycities, you could try maybe adding things like beans & lentils to up your protein ratio if the cost of meat is a problem. I particularly like lentils, since you don't have to soak them overnight. A bowl of lentils w/ salsa is pretty high-protein, high-fiber, & quite filling!

I've been playing with the same 2 pounds for the past few weeks - I know it's because each weekend, I've gone off-plan for a meal or two; at this point in my journey, that results in maintenance! Yesterday, my day was quite high on calories, but all clean, unprocessed, whole foods - today I'm going to try to keep the clean eating, but drop the calories back down a bit. We're going to the theatre tonight, & I'll probably also try to work in the calories to have a glass of wine there (I find that wine doesn't bother me, as long as I work it into my calorie limit for the day).

PS - Robsia - every time I come into this thread, I start craving that fricking Bailey's egg! And I've never even HAD one (I don't think they're available in Canada). But it sounds so good that I've started considering asking my cousins from the UK to mail me one for Easter!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Su-Bee~how I wish I were back to the same old 2 pounds over and over!! When I first started working with my DH, I weighed 138ish. I'd flucutate from 139 to 137 during the week and then go back to 139 by the end of the weekend. Now I just want to get back to the 140's.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #18  

Ok, so I've had this goal that when I got below 140, I would forego the shirt & wear just a sports bra to yoga (the way all the cool girls do... ). I know everybody in yoga class is too focused on themselves to remotely care what I look like in my sports bra, but my tummy is my least favourite body part, so I'm self-conscious nonetheless.

Even though I've been bouncing around the high 130s - low 140s since March 14, today was the first day that I'd planned to go to yoga that saw the scale hit the 130s. So I did it! And it was okay - I didn't look great all the time; there were some poses where I caught myself in the mirror & was like, "Oh my god, what a huge fat roll!" but there were also other times where I was pretty impressed that I could see the outline of my ribcage. The unexpected benefit was that I found myself really focusing on sucking in my tummy, even in poses where that wasn't the core emphasis.

10-ish pounds to go...

Last edited by Su-Bee; 03-26-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi fellow chickadees,

I am wondering if I can post here now...LOL..the term "featherweights" has intimadated me for a while now..

I am almost to goal (I think)..my thighs have been a disappointing experience but just recently I measured and they did go down a full inch--now @ 21 in. at largest point..I am running most everyday (3-4 miles) and also doing JM 30DS 2-3 times a week...I also am into the Bollywood Dance DVD's and some belly dancing..

I haven't been this weight since college and would like to go a little lower--possibly another 10 pounds. I have dropped my goal from 164 to 155, to 150, and so on. BMI wise, I am still fine for quite a ways--maybe to 120 or something. Does anyone know anything about the yoga that is done in the heated rooms? I have a teency friend that swears by it. I feel like I need something more to get me "over the edge" if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-27-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #20  

Hi ThighsBeGone -

At 2 pounds from goal, I think you MORE than qualify as a Featherweight!

Re. the hot yoga, this is the yoga (& basically the only form of strength training) that I've practiced regularly for over a year now. I LOVE it! However, like any other exercise, this alone will not cause weight loss (especially this close to goal) without substantial attention to diet. My weight, while maintaining this yoga practice approx. 6x/week, has gone from 149 - 157 - 138 due to dietary fluctuations. I do find that my muscles, while still defined, look longer & leaner, rather than more bulky, as they did when I was lifting weights as my strength training.

Hope this helps!

PS - I just measured my thighs - they are ALSO 21 in. at their largest point, & I consider myself to have a chunky torso mounted on two skinny bird legs! So...while I know everyone's body is different...your self-perception may not be quite what others see when they look at you!

Last edited by Su-Bee; 03-27-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #21  
MasterHarper

Funnily enough, I have just measured my thighs too and they ALSO measure at exactly 21". I still consider mine chubby but not as chubby as they used to be. I have a measurement chart but it's on my other computer but I have a funny feeling they used to be about 26" when I started to measure, and that wasn't my heaviest weight - so I can safely say they've gone down somwwhat.

Anyway, thighsbegone - you are DEFINITELY a featherweight!!

Well, my danger time is about to begin - off to my OH's shortly for the weekend. At least he now possesses a scale with batteries in it so I can keep track - I did find it a help last weekend to be able to weigh myself, otherwise I cheat.

Let's just hope I am still 135 or less on Monday morning!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Thank you Robsia and SueBee. Thank you for letting me know your thigh measurements too. I feel a bit better now since we all have similar stats. I am thinking to lower my goal to 130 just to see what happens with the thighs. I have always coveted long, lean limbs. I am wearing skirts that hit right at knee and those that hit just above the knee--I feel like they do look nice on me now. I am not looking to wear a mini--it just isn't me, but I would like to look nice in shorts and swimsuits for the warmer season.

SuBee, I hear you on the warm Yoga thing. I was thinking of adding it to the running routine I already have in place. Absolutely my calorie intake will remain the same.

Robsia, good luck w/the scale. I am so 'In touch" with the whole relationship to the scale!

Just curious, what calorie intakes do you each shoot for--mine is 1500. I do not take out for workouts or whatever. I run every day, and make sure my calories stay below this--so I don't allot for calories the way some do.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #23  

You should definitely at least give the hot yoga a try - I think it is kind of a "love it or hate it" thing!

I shoot for 1400-1600 calories / day, although I'm far from perfect! I don't eat my workout calories back. My workouts are between 1 hour & 2 hr 30 min per day - this is a combination of hot yoga & elliptical. Right now, this is all I do, but I'm looking to replace some of the elliptical time with outdoor running as the weather gets nicer.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Note to self: measure thighs tonight.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Note to self: measure thighs tonight.
I dunno. All that gets me is knowing my thighs are the same size a lot of people are calling huge, only I didn't know they were huge
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #26  

Height: 5'6

I just got on the scale...back to 152! I'm not moving my ticker until Monday though...hopefully it will be back down. I'm confused. I have not went over my points...actually, I've been eating very little. The only major difference in diet is I have been replacing my usual egg and toast for breakfast with 1 slice peanut butter toast or a vitamuffin top. I haven't measured my thighs...but that isn't my problem area. I'm all middle....I have a 32" waist!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #27  

Height: 5'6

okay...I just measured my thigh...19.5", but my waist was 34.5!!!!!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #28  

I'm an apple shape too, Michelinwoman! I love my body (I think my thighs look great at 21 inches) & would happily move into maintenance, EXCEPT for my chubby tummy! I'm just hoping this last few pounds comes off the middle - then I'll be all set!
Old 03-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #29  
The Faye

S/C/G: 117/106/92

Height: 4'8"

Hey I am new here and.... uhmmm dunno where to start. I guess my weight qualifies me as featherweight, and my goal also. DOnt be scared, look at the height too ;-)
Its a horrible day. I have lost 4 pounds over the last week, I was quite sick with a cold....
but it looks I lost mostly water - I woke up today with a very dry mouth and a thirst.... mama!

Since my fridge was totally empty and I dont like drinking something that isnt either fridgecold, has bubbles or a little taste I went shopping (via bike, I am a good girl)

I came home with almost no food (still not hungry, havent eaten alot while being sick but I still dont have appetite) but with about 20 litres of different drinks.... mineral water, coke light and all that jazz.

Actually I wanted to allow myself a small beer tonight (cause its saturday night! and I havent been eating a lotta calories!). But I was standing in front of the beer (its goooood german beer!) and did not want it.

What´s up with me?

Carrying 40 percent of my bodyweight home per bike was an adventure, I drank about a liter instantly..... and another one later....

Thirst is gone, weight is up, appetite still not back.....

strange, I am the kid of 2 cooks, I LOVE food?

What is WRONG with me?

Umm, well......

Lillie
llilielefaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #30  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hey all, I am back from vacation with the in-laws also known as the "eat until you feel like puking" fest. Strangely my weight is still bouncing around the same range.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote