Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #16  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

it is strange how you never can count on the size.

even at my high weight (about 170) i was always a size 12. i too, refuse the muffin top and i know that my jeans (although tight) were not too tight.

now, at 160, i still have the same pants. they fit slightly looser and i am able to wear a few older size 10s. (yay!)

i just think it's strange how weight and size don't always correspond i have a friend who wears size 10 who weighs 130. 30 pounds less that i do and we can share clothes. i also have another friend who wears 14s and she only weighs 145.

is it because i have more muscle--muscle weighs more than fat?

i've always wondered because no one would ever guess how much i weigh looking at how i carry it. i'm hoping that when i reach my goal i'll be in a size 6...we'll see
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Quote:
The pants that you have to squeeze yourself into, lying on the bed just to zip them up.
I've never understood this. It is painful to me to wear anything tight around my waist, and I can't bend or sit comfortably in pants that are too tight. Maybe it's just the way I'm built?
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #18  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by e32 View Post
i just think it's strange how weight and size don't always correspond i have a friend who wears size 10 who weighs 130. 30 pounds less that i do and we can share clothes. i also have another friend who wears 14s and she only weighs 145.

i've always wondered because no one would ever guess how much i weigh looking at how i carry it. i'm hoping that when i reach my goal i'll be in a size 6...we'll see

I think a lot has to do with bone structure and, yes, how you carry it. I have very wide hips (though I'm 150 and can fit into a size 8), but I have a skinny waist compared to my hips. Also, I don't have much butt, so it slides easily into an 8. The wide point on my thighs is my biggest problem...
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: (Preg 205)/163/150/140

Height: 5' 6"

A year ago I wore size 14's, then 12's, then 10's. My "skinny, tall" older sister came to visit in October and I could fit (snugly) into her 8's! I gained a little over the holidays (4 pounds) but still fit my 10's. The joke is I'm now lower than I weighed in high school, wearing smaller jeans, but all my weight is up top (after two kids) and its 35 years later!

I do think it may be bone structure for some, but for me its weight distribution. At my weight, I can't believe I can fit into 10s! Now...bra sizes are a whole other problem!
get fit in ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Even though I am wearing the same size I did in college, I can't hide the muffin top. I think it is the baby effect. After two babies, my tummy just isn't the same flat smooth lookin' good in a bikini piece it used to be. Oh well, my babies are worth it.

I did do a happy dance the other day in the dressing room when a pair of 29s pulled right on. I totally bought them even though I didn't need another pair of jeans.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Count me in to the babies affect your weight distribution club. I fit into all my pre baby clothes but they do not fit the SAME.... some of them give me muffin top so I can't wear them.... kwim?
blue_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
it is strange how you never can count on the size.
It's soooo frustrating! Everytime I shop for clothes, I have to grab 2 or 3 different sizes off the rack, and end up bringing a huge pile of clothes into the change room because I have no idea if I will fit into a 6 or an 8 or a 10 ??? I really wish there was more consistency in clothes sizing...but at the same time I was so happy when I managed to fit into a size 4 jeans at the Gap (no muffin top, I can't handle that). I bought them just to say that I can fit into a size 4 lol

Quote:

I think it has to do with a lot of things, definitely proportion and where you carry your weight. I have long legs with big calves (can you say cankles ) but a pretty small upper body...not much going on in the boob department, so I fit into much smaller shirt/dress sizes than pant sizes.

Muscle and fat percentage also can make a huge difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominodreams View Post
The wide point on my thighs is my biggest problem...
I have trouble with my thighs, which must be disproportionately big because jeans tend to be loose around the waist/hips, but I can't get smaller pairs past my thighs.
shybiird is offline   Reply With Quote