Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for Jan. 12- Jan. 18

Two weeks into the new year and how's everyone doing? Are the new year's resolutions being kept? New diet and exercise progrrams showing results?

Let's have a great week everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #2  

Thumbs down My weight's up

I'm not surprised that my weight's up. I had a number of binges last week and haven't been monitoring things closely enough. Post holiday let down, new year/same old etc. left me kinda depressed and I ate to console myself.

Now I have bitter weather to contend with and am still dogsitting until Wed. I'll get seriously back on track this coming weekend but I'm going to try to maintain or at least lose the binge bloat during the week.

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No binges here, but I'm only down 1 pound since last Monday. I'm not complaining, but had I made better choices (read: less wine) I would be down 3 or 4 pounds. Goal this week? No wine until Friday. DS is going out of town for a couple days with his robotics class so DH and I are going out Friday night to a karaoke bar/restaurant with my in-laws. I don't particularly like karaoke, but they hang out there weekly and invited us along. Saturday we'll go golfing.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I'm haven't finished making my resolutions

Going OK, who knows on the weight front, as I'm pre-TOM. But I'm enjoying some unseasonably warm January weather
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

Hi, everyone.
I had a really good week last week, so it's encouraging me to stick with it. I'm down another half pound (I'm a space and like to get on the scale every day. It keeps me honest with myself) to make a full loss of 4.5 so far. I did at least a half hour on the treadmill every day last walk. mainly walking, but i steadily built the spead up. I tried adding a little jogging in, but I'm still pretty out of shape, so I'll have to stick with it. No visible effects from the the exercise yet, but I feel like I have so much more energy. I hope that'll keep me motivated when it gets tougher.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Oooooh eeee am I sore today.

Allison you can do it (re the red wine). Yesterday was my first day without and already I am down a pound. I am pretty sure it keeps me dehydrated. I am not ready to quit all out but I am taking a break til weight has become more comfotable (along with clothes) and then I think I will stick to 1 or 2 days a week instead of the glass (or 2) a night.

Gotta love the fact that New Years is a full 6 months from June. Lets go bathing suits!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #7  
**My name is Rachel!**

S/C/G: 146/141.5/125

Height: 5'6"

hey guys! I'm pretty new on here and just started trying to lose 20 lbs. hope you all are having a good Monday! Even though Mondays kinda suck sometimes its always good to have a fresh start to a new week.

My goal for today is to drink 8 large glasses of water. So far I'm 2/8!
rnbg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm doing good on the resolution to cut restaurant budget by 40%, unfortunately dh isnt.

I'm having a tough day. My brand new treadmill which took a lot of grunting and groaning to get in to the house and set up doesnt work, my toilet is clogged beyond my plunging and snaking prowess (and I am GOOD at plunging, I think if dh had let me have a whack at it instead of being manly, we'd be ok, but now my technique wont work.)

I gotta get cracking on getting organized for the week!

Weight? I'm just not going to think about it!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

So far it hasn't been a good day... DANG!!!

I will do better for supper...

Last edited by Ilene; 01-12-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

....oh this day is just getting better. While I was folding laundry ds just poured a 1/2 bottle of honey all over himself and then ran around the house.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #11  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbg813 View Post
hey guys! I'm pretty new on here and just started trying to lose 20 lbs. hope you all are having a good Monday! Even though Mondays kinda suck sometimes its always good to have a fresh start to a new week.

My goal for today is to drink 8 large glasses of water. So far I'm 2/8!
Hi there I too have set the 20 lb goal! So far I lost 7 and I am trying to lose the other 13 by March 5th. Trying for at least 2 lbs a week.

I am not a water drinker. I never was never have been. Its hard for me to drink it because well I dont like it haha. Basically I lived on coke and coffee forever. I slowly am trying to get in the habit of drinking more water though. I still drink coffee but I have cut out soda. I substitute it with sparking water now. I think about everyday if I could have just laid off all that soda how many lbs lighter I probably would be. *sigh*
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

some days you just need something sweet to drink. I like the water at home, but when I'm up at school, it just tastes off (yay for jersey water). I drink a lot of diet soda at school, which i'm trying to cut way back on. What I found is a really nice substitute is green tea with just a bit of honey. it has some calories, but it really seems to hit the spot for me.
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #13  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

LOL @ Jersey Water!

I drink alot of Sparkingwater from shop and stop or Walmart.I love the black cherry or cranberry flavors. I mean I know splenda isnt good for you, but I would rather drink something with 0 cals then a liter of coke
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
....oh this day is just getting better. While I was folding laundry ds just poured a 1/2 bottle of honey all over himself and then ran around the house.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #15  

Wink A sticky situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
At least he didn't ROLL around the house. I'm sorry, but I keep cracking up as I picture it - a sticky little boy gleefully running around the house

Dagmar