Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/119/110

Height: 4ft 11"

Default Losing the last 10lbs

Hello! I'm new and have about 10lbs left to lose and am finding it IMPOSSIBLE. I haven't lost any weight at all in the past few months. Haven't gained either.

My calories are about 1000 a day, sometimes less, sometimes up to 1400. I've started exercise. How long has it taken you to lose your weight? I lost the majority of mine in 6 months and now it's all stopped. BAH!
anneelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Congrats on your weightloss so far ... the last 10 are definitely the most difficult to lose ... Good for you also for starting an exercise program it's very important to maintain your weightloss in the long run...

1000 calories/day is not a lot and you're probably not getting all your vitamins and minerals with such a low calorie intake... I'd stick closer to 1300 to 1400 / day it's just healthier...

Doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) burns up a lot of calories, Google it for examples of workouts...

Hope this helps and to Featherweights...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #3  

I am on the last 10 as well. I haven't noticed a slow-down in weight loss yet but everyone tells me it will come soon!! Yikes!!!
Squirrelygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelygirl View Post
I am on the last 10 as well. I haven't noticed a slow-down in weight loss yet but everyone tells me it will come soon!! Yikes!!!
*throws self at your feet*

Tell me what you're doing! I can't get the scales moving! I need to up my exercise but got The Fear because when I worked out last year I gained half a stone!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #5  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

If you lost most of your weight in six months, that's really fast! If you started those six months at 175, that's 56 pounds in six months!

Keep at it. I suspect your body might be having difficulty adjusting to all the weight loss. I agree that at 1000 calories you're probably not getting enough vitamins and minerals, would could actually hurt you, because your body is probably conserving body weight to make up for the vitamin deficiency. If you don't want to change your diet or your calorie intake, definitely take plenty of supplements.

Perhaps I should start taking my own advice... I'm being really unhealthy lately, too.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Those last ten pounds can be really stubborn. I thought the scale would never move and almost settled on a higher goal, but I stubbornly persisted and the scale started going down again.. by the way 1000 calories is not enough to give you proper nutrition. 1200 is as low as you should go.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #7  

I shall rack up the calories then
Old 01-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

The last ten will probably take a year for me to lose haha! its hard losing the few last pounds REALLY hard.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #9  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

You know I finally lost another pound as of today and I must agree that these last ten were ridiculously hard!!!! But I found that "shocking" my regiment seems to be working. I am changing up more excersizes more often and also surprsingly enough eating more. I wasn't "fueling the fire" I guess and my calorie intake was way too low. But now I am eating alot of fruit and alot of raw veggies and so far so good. Hope to be at my goal soon. Then I am thinking I may start a new goal~
meldogml84 is offline   Reply With Quote