3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Planning & Chat Jan 5 - 11

Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 AM   #16

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Brain workouts arriving today

The two lecture series I ordered on DVD are arriving today. I'm really excited!

I guess I didn't realize how bored I've become mentally until I had a chance to use my brain a bit over the holidays.
I keep forgetting that the body and brain are actually connected (or are supposed to be ).

In that vein I'm going to force myself to walk the "biggest dog" 3 times a week (yes it's DH and that's his name for himself). I'm hoping that, with my kickstart , he'll start to realize how much better he feels with a little physical activity. His brain is going full burn with the studying but his body just sits, rusting slowly and accumulating the lbs.

It's going to be hard for me to get out after being out all day in the cold lugging the dogs around but it must be done. And I have to get the man to go shopping (winter boots) too! That might be a lot harder than the walk

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'3"

Dag -- which lecture series did you get? I need brain exercise... Actually I may be getting some my GF and I are going to be taking the PT course in a couple of weeks... I'm looking forward to it, it's something I've always wanted to do and was too scared, but after taking the Library Tech course this summer, PT seems like a piece of cake... the LT course was intense!!!

Doughnut -- welcome back... gee I wish I weighed 144 ...

I gained about 2lbs over the holidays... just water weight I'm back to my normal, although high, weight...

Well, gotta get back to work...

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161/150.4/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Nope, no fat people allowed in America

Dagmar
LOL Actually there's probably little difference between between the US and the UK now which is a sad indictment of what's happened in my country over the last couple of decades. I've probably watched too many episodes of SATC - always imagined the vast majority of Manhattan type people (I'm sure there's a word for the natives, no idea what it is) being all thin and glamorous!

Hey Ilene - thanks and good to see you D x

Overall Target Ticker

Last edited by Doughnut : 01-06-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #19
Ilene the Bean

Hey girls, I feel STOKED, I'm just back from an outside run, first time I run outside in about a month or more, the weather was perfect about -4C, no wind, and the was out... woohoo... Felt really good...

Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #20

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Good job, Ilene!!

Eat clean -- I've been primal/paleo since May 2010 Click here for more on how I feel.
Move everyday-- options - walking, biking, dvds - Jillian Michael's, pilates, or yoga
Get plenty of sleep - everything else will be easier when I do this![/color]
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #21

Thumbs up A remarkable day

I hear you Ilene about the weather. It was spring here in Toronto today - warm (+2) and sunny and gorgeous!

Seemed like everyone was in a good mood too. I had one of those days when everything just flows, even after I got home to find Mudpie had spread an entire garbage bag of shredded paper all over my office. Simple pleasures for a simple mind I guess. I can't ever get really mad at her 'cause she just doesn't give a damn. Such attitude from an 11 lb. animal!

We're settling down now to watch the first lectures in my "History of Western Civilization" DVD's. Mishka is a good student, Mudpie not so much. Plus she's probably really tired from all the interior decorating she did earlier.

Have a great night all!

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #22

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I had a pretty good day. My eating was OP all day so I was feeling pretty good until after dinner. I was really craving something sweet and I knew there were ice creme bars in the fridge. I looked at the calories and decided I could have 1/2 an ice creme bar. Well I ate half and it tasted soooo good I finished it . Now I feel really guilty. I need to find a low calorie sweet, chocolate, treat. Maybe I'll get some sugar free pudding. I used to eat that and I do believe it is very low in calories and fat. I have to do something. I'm still working on quitting smoking (6 days today) but I don't want to gain weight. I know there is fruit and I had my fill of it today. Anyone with any suggestions?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Ilene the Bean

Abbyin -- Congrats on the no smoking ... Suggestions? Well, keep busy, keep your hands busy too, remember a craving only lasts a few minutes... Keep it up ...

I feel quite virtuous today, jogged, did a 50 min Yoga DVD and had an OP day, I'm going to bed now

Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #24

Thumbs up Low cal desserts

abbyin Skinny Cow and other frozen desserts all have 100 calories each and there are 5 or 6 to a box. They are expensive but they're really good!

I find low cal pudding is less of a "dessert return" as they are really small and have more calories. How about sugar free Jello? Almost no cal!

for the 6 days of not smoking. Youv'e been toxin-free for almost a week!

Dagmar

Old 01-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #25

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My DH got a set of DVDs for his birthday--Planet Earth. We've seen a couple episodes so far. Beautiful scenery and the animals are amazing.

I didn't sleep too well last night and am quite hungry this morning. I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen until the last possible moment so I don't over do my breakfast. I'm planning on egg white on toast, or maybe just the egg whites with some hot sauce.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
Ilene the Bean

Major storm here, it was a snow day at school but we still have to go in...

No exercise yet today...

Old 01-07-2009, 04:27 PM   #27

S/C/G: 170/120/125

abbyin - another vote for skinny cow products - i love their fudgesicles!

ilene, you are amazing running outside in the winter! I just can't deal with the cold, good thing I'm going back to Arizona soon!

Today I put off lunch for a bit too long. By the time I got around to eating I was REALLY hungry and ended up topping off my leftovers with some cookies... dang it!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #28
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161/150.4/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I can't stop eating!!!! I reckon it's the cold as we're having the coldest winter in a decade here. I'm desperately missing walking/running but the pavements here are lethal. I've had to spend the evening on the cross trainer to try to counteract the amount of cr*p I've eaten today. Sigh.

Overall Target Ticker

Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
I can't stop eating!!!! I reckon it's the cold as we're having the coldest winter in a decade here. I'm desperately missing walking/running but the pavements here are lethal. I've had to spend the evening on the cross trainer to try to counteract the amount of cr*p I've eaten today. Sigh.
I find that, when it's an extra cold day, I tend to eat way more too. I can't eat while I'm out with the dogs but then, after I get home and before dinner, the snacking starts and I can't seem to stop.

Dagmar

Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #30

Thumbs down Not so fabulous . . .

. . . weather today. There's been stuff coming out of the sky for almost 18 hours now and there's more due tonite.

Snow, rain, ice, etc. Yuck! Glad I had 4 dogwalks today instead of 5 and thank goodness for snow tires! My little Corolla just churned up and down the hills and through the snowbanks. Good Raakii! (yes my car has a name - Japanese word for "Lucky").

Dagmar (Not so )

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.