Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM   #31  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

heh... I know on the strength training at home, I have a fair amount of equipment actually. I need to get into a routine that uses no weights though for home. Last time I tried to use my dumbells at home I nearly clocked my toddler with a weight. And he took one weight and almost threw it through our window.

And I'll admit it, at the gym with someone else watching the kids it is easier to focus and then it is ME time. At home with the kids around I feel like I am not parenting properly.

Heh - I'm kind of sorry that one thread was deleted because it was a little lightbulb for me. "I currently CHOOSE to not workout at home while my children are awake"
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #32  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Abby - I would be beyond livid if anyone smoked in my home. That is so disrespectful, and you are doing him a major favor. I would talk to him directly yourself and take your husband out of the equation. I know it is his boss but if YOU tell him, then it isnt his employee, it's his employee's "beeotchy wife"

I would just calmly say "There is no smoking allowed in this house and if you cant respect that, then I am sorry but you will have to go to a hotel."
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Heh - I'm kind of sorry that one thread was deleted because it was a little lightbulb for me. "I currently CHOOSE to not workout at home while my children are awake"
I find that attitude so helpful. Sadly, it doesn't always translate into immediate action But I really do think eventually acting on something, for me, depends on never pretending I'm not making a choice. The choice may be very hard, it may even be very unfair, but I still have a choice.

For example, I might have to choose between properly caring for my kids, and being able to work out for several months. That would suck. But ... by facing it as a choice, at least I can see what's positive about the choice instead of just feeling depressed and burdened. Somehow, that attitude prompts me try harder at problem solving. The other makes me want to find some ice cream.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls,

I just got back from an hour and 15 minute hilly walk at the park with my good friend and workout buddy. She has really missed our workouts since I had sort of dropped out, so it's very encouraging for us both to be working out together again. Did the same walk with DH yesterday. He is doing yoga right now, but I'm heading to the dining room to grade the dreaded stack of essays I've put off for two weeks... ugh.

I like hearing about all the strength training... I hope to add that in more consistently too but not until I get a routine down of just walking again. Baby steps.

Food has been good (oatmeal and fruit) AND I'm logging again on dailyplate. That's huge for me.

Anyway, keep up the good work, ladies!

Here's to a healthy 2009!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #35  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Hey everyone-

Kinda bummed today. I only lost 1/2 lb this week. But I am still trying to remain positive.I know its only because I still havent made it a point to start exercising on a constant basis. However I have been eating very healthy and have yet to really "fall off the wagon", even when my bf is trying to feed me brownies . Just really stressed out this month, and its only going to get worse with the whole quitting my job thing.

must.try.to.relax

Hope 09 so far is treating everyone great!

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 01-05-2009 at 09:06 PM.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Well ennay, I actually did what you said before you said it. I did talk to my husband's boss last night when my husband ran to the store. His boss was not happy and decided to leave (after I gently persuaded him that it would best for all). Unfortunatly, my husband had to take him back to his side of town (his car is broke down) and he told my husband that he no longer worked for him. My husband was very upset last night (at his boss, not me) and also very worried as he made good money there and with the economy, things are not good.

So this morning my DH was getting ready to go to the shop to pick up his tool box (he's a race car mechanic) and before he could get out of the driveway, his boss called begging him to stay. So I guess all is well. I got my home back and my DH got his job back and his boss is gone.

Anyway, enough of my drama, and back on track tomorrow. I will get back on track with eating lots of healthy things and some good exercise now that I can concentrate on me.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #37  
Ilene the Bean

Abbyn, thank goodness your story had a happy ending...

I did make it to the gym for a decent workout, did the treadmill for 30 mins only, because I had to be back to make pancakes for the gang, I had promised it before leaving...

After the pancakes I went for a walk with DH, I felt guilty... When I got home I felt nauseous, again...

It's back to work tomorrow, I only work half days now, so it's not so bad...

See you all later girls....Nite-nite...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote