Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Shopping was fun yesteday. Lots of walking.

And I did OK with food until late last night when I had a bagel with butter and cheese.

I'm not sure what I'm up to today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies

I'm really glad this thread was re-started. I was lurking a few times this summer and couldn't find anyone. I did peek into "maintainers" and saw a few people in there but I didn't join in.

Well the summer was not kind to me and I put on a few pounds. But with the cooler weather, I am feeling much more motivated. Heck, I even exercised the last 2 weeks

Hope everyone is having a good day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Bleh.

Sorry gals, I've been sick all day. I managed to lose 2 pounds between 5 am and 11 am, but I don't recommend doing it my way. I finally got some strength and heated up some tomato soup which I've been sipping hourly since 11, and now that it's 2:30 I think I'm feeling better. Nothing like spending a beautiful sunny day in bed. Yuck.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #19  
give me back my bones!

S/C/G: 136/ticker/105

Hi!

I'm in a pretty rough place this week... My plan for the week is to drink enough water every day, and to keep my calories down around 1200-1300. I honestly have no time for exercise right now, between school, work, and campaign volunteering. I hope-hope-hope that I can stick to my plan, but it's like there's something wrong with my mind lately. It could have something to do with getting a copper IUD and thus discontinuing my hormonal BC. I don't know...

I have found that my biggest challenges are:

1. Drinking enough water in a day; it is like I am choking on it sometimes. And it's not that I want to drink other things either. I've never been a big soda or milk person, and I don't crave juice either. It's like my body doesn't get thirsty anymore.

2. Not eating junk food when I see it (the campaign HQ is full of such fattening delights as potato chips, pizza, and lemon pound cake that I have a hard time resisting even though I strive to be gluten-free). Even though I have to pay a dollar for the candy machine on campus, it's so hard for me not to succumb that I have started carrying only large bills or my card with me, and even then, I argue with myself about going across the street to get change.

3. Stopping when I should be full. I simply want to eat until I can eat not more. I don't know why I do this, it's like a compulsion.

4. I often feel "cheated" or unsatisfied if I haven't had anything bad for me. This has only started recently, in the past few months. I can be full to the brim with lean protein and vegetables, but the evil little voice in my head wants me to add sweets or salty carby things on top of it. Or I'll eat something (like peanut m&ms) in place of a meal because I want it so bad and according to my reasoning

5. I sleep too much! Unsure of how to fix this, but I would have more time (aka time to exercise) if I could force myself to wake up before 10:30 (I am generally in bed by 12). I'm not a big coffee-drinker; maybe I should start... Any tips on how to get myself up and moving after a normal 8 hours of sleep would be greatly appreciated.

I am not doing so well on the self-control side of things, but I am trying to change things one step at a time. I figure if I can get the recently-turned-extreme bad eating habits under control, I can work on the sleep thing and exercise soon.
aurelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good morning!

Just work away Aurelie, you don't have to be perfect in all those areas right away.

Here's hoping Allison is feeling better today.

We're off to Niagara Falls for a couple of days. As long as I can stop from overeating (we're going to be walking lots) I should be OK. The scale this morning was pretty good to me
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

abbyin Hi! Good to hear from you! Glad that you're doing the exercise.

SusanB Sounds like you're getting back on track quickly. Enjoy the Falls (trees should be really pretty there right now and not so many tourists, yes?)

Allison Hope you're back to normal today (and those 2 lbs stay off).

Aurelie Try to focus on one change at a time. Don't beat yourself up if you can't manage everything at once - it sounds like you're really busy right now.

And I (my evil DH made me do it) dipped into the darn Halloween candy again. He had another box stashed and brought it out in front of the TV. I can't seem to get him away from that thing. We don't have cable any more but he's managing to still find stuff to watch.

I will find a way.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Allison, I hope you're feeling better!

Susan - have fun in Niagra!

Dagmar, I ate a caramel apple yesterday. Luckily I ended up having a very small dinner!

Today I weighed 139.6 -- woohoo! Tommorrow is my "official" weigh-in so I hope it stays in the 130's. More than that I hope that next week it doesn't go right back up again.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #23  

I'm feeling much better. The scale showed only a half pound drop so I must have replenished my liquids last night (I drank four huge glasses of water before bed). Dinner wasn't what I should have had, but it was easy and comforting and it made my DS happy (mac and cheese with chili on top).
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Bad, bad, bad, day!

I have eaten so badly today, I don't even care to share it with anyone

You know what I realized today. Getting a good nights sleep really does make a difference in weight loss. You hear it in the news, but it really does. Last night I went to bed much later than usual and all day I was tired and really didn't care what I ate . I tended to eat lots of comfort food and sweets. I started thinking about it and I realized that this happens everytime I don't get enough sleep. So tonight I will have no late night and I will work twice as hard tommorow to make up for today. I really have to stop doing this

Susan B.-Hope you have a great vacation at Niagra Falls. I sure could use a vacation.

Allison - Good to hear your feeling better.

Dagmar - One more day and Halloween will be over. Hang in there!

Aurelie - Just try to relax and work on one thing at a time. You'll get there. I'm not working at a campain headquarters but this whole election thing is stressing me out too. After next Tuesday, maybe you can relax a little.

Hope everyone had a good day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #25  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Official weigh-in today was 140.4, so down about half a pound. I'm glad it's down, but I wish it was down more! 0.4 is well within my daily fluctuations.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #26  

I'm doing a happy dance!!

I've been hovering between 150 and 151 for weeks and weeks. This week, while being sick, I saw 149 for the first time in AGES! Today? 149.5!!!

I never want to see 150 again.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #27  

Unhappy Is Halloween a dying tradition?

Allison

I am throwing all the Halloween leftovers away this morning. DH and I had our way with them last night and that's it.

So few kids came out that next year I think I'll just decorate the inside of the house, go to a movie, have a glass of wine when I come home, admire my decor, and go to bed.

And then I'll donate my extensive collection of decorations to the local community centre. Halloween is just not what it used to be.

But life is change. Time to move on.

Dagmar
Old 11-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #28  

We had a total of three kids last night. DS only gave them one candy bar each, so we are left with 19 candy bars (6 regular sized, the rest fun sized). DH and DS each had one regular size for dessert and I had one fun sized one.

And my weight is down another pound this morning!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

we didn't have any trick-or-treaters around my neighborhood, but most of the people who live here are students at the university so I guess that makes sense. I celebrated by myself... still don't really have any friends in my new hometown, but I made some veggie pizza (just had one slice) and treated myself to two beers... no candy! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #30  

Default Daylight savings . . .

. . . is not my favourite thing. My body "clock" doesn't adjust well to time changes .

I usually end up getting up around 4:30 (yes that's a.m.) so I'm just a ton of fun after dinner . There's also the added eating after dinner to try to stay awake.

Since DH will be at the library every day (I hope) I'm going to try to take a little nap after I get home from work every day. Should help in the evening.

Dagmar