Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #16  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Personally I see this as a lifestyle change, rather than a diet. I need to work in a way I think I can maintain forever.

I don't go out very often so when I do go out I enjoy myself - I don't go for the worst thing on the menu but I eat what I want to eat and I don't worry about it. I don't drink an awful lot anyway so that helps.

Yes, the weight is up the next day but I'm right back on the wagon and last night is forgotten.

Sorry - that's not of much help, but I plan on doing this for the rest of my life and this is the way I see it working. So long as it's not all the time, an occasional indulgence doesn't hurt.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #17  
Hatchling

S/C/G: 160/146/122

Height: 5'2"

It is a lot of help actually. It's nice to see how others approach eating out. I am out tonight and tomorrow now, but Im driving so won't be drinking. And only tonight is for a meal as well, so I may just slip off home as I have a lot of coursework still to finish.

You are right tho, about it being a manageable lifestyle change. I will get to target, it may just take a few weeks longer at this rate

Lou
x louise x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 AM   #18  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

^ you was up early :P what do you do?

What are you studying?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #19  
Hatchling

I was up early as I like to walk 5k before I start my studies!!

I am in my final year of an Env Health Degree. All my coursework is due in on 2nd Sept, and then I can really focus on the 'diet'. I'm currently off work (work full time as a Health & Safety Officer!) on leave, to get these darn things finished.

I am relying on ready meals and soups so far, and I have an early WI tomorrow as I'm at a wedding Saturday when my proper 1st WI is.

I don't know if I said earlier or not but I've come from 11st 6....got down to 9st 2 almost at target and then banged on another 1st while I had stressful exams. I was with SW but the 'free food' thing didn't help my appetite.

What about you?

Last edited by x louise x; 08-14-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 AM   #20  
44lbs gone!

I was in my final year for Applied Biology BSc, but Im a bit stupid so I need to try and hand in a essay tomora aswell as do an exam for the same module on the 27th of this month, I did fail to hand in my final project, not something Im proud of, but I have my excuses, So I'll be going back for another year.
Hopefully I'll only be fulltime for semester A whilst having the one module in semester B(maybe get some training in or full time work aswell as the 2 parttime ones I hold now).

I find it harder to 'diet' when Im at home revising and studying, I seem to pick more, not because I hingry, jut out of stress and boredom, I prefer to be at uni(gosh did i just say that!) simply as I cycle there and back and I dont buy food, I take in a certain amount and thats all I have.
I wish I have the determination to walk 5K! darn it! I have since friday? been doing a lil exercise vid and trying to 'learn' how to jog, but yesterday I walked to Asda 1st thing to get last min cards for parents ann and this morning I woke up only to go downstairs and fall asleep on the sofa!, so badly no exercise happened today, I have so much to do tomora so I wont be doing a vid or anything, I'll cycle to uni to hand in this essay(hopefully Ill complete it) then cyce to work in the afternoon, then home and start preparing for Mum and Dads 25thAnn party for Sat, I'm the one preparing the food and shopping for the fresh stuff that night.

You hadn't mentioned your weightloss earlier no, and I didnt really understand your S/C/G under your name, lol, I didnt wanna be rude and ask what the 4 sets of numbers were for, well dome on your wkd weightloss, sorry about the gain, I totally know where your coming from!

For simple and easyness sake,
I have the low fat soups/weightwatchers/LF double concentrate one and add veggies,
another quick meal is a 2 egg ham omelette with a bag of microwave veggies. or sometimes I put loads of frozen veggies in a pot on the hob, sometimes I add a cubed potato boil, add curry paste/powder and cook till (well i like em mushy) drain and eat a bowl of those.

Sorry if what I typed wasnt fully understandable, I havent checked it! Im back to the grind stone! break a leg!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #21  
Hatchling

It is tough and if you're anything like me then I try and do everything as 'perfect' as possible and end up scared to do anything.

Good luck with the essay.

I have deferred my dissertation, I just couldn't get everything in by Sept.

Anyway, sorry to confuse you! I have now tweaked my profile and included lbs to make it easier for everyone to understand. I had 4 stages as my final goal seemed too far away. I've also added a picture of me at a magazine photo shoot when i HAD lost 34lbs. Unfortunately a fair few are back on - and I wasn't even at goal in that pic!

Anyway, I really am very off-topic now from my original Q, but thanks for all the food tips and ideas.

Lou
Old 08-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #22  
44lbs gone!

Wow you look absolutely FREAKING AMAZING!

I can see now why people say you look younger than you are!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #23  
Hatchling

*blush* thanks

I just want to discover those collar bones again!