Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

I am stalled out as well with losing but I know I down the inches so maybe the weight will start to drop a bit soon -

so glad to hear of you all that are at or so very close to your goal!

I am setting a mini goal of 3 pounds for next week - I think I am down one pound this week and so 2 more has to be do-able

linda
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I hope you all have a great weekend! My boyfriend is coming in to town to help me move some furniture that I'm storing at my parents house while I go back to school. (should be a good workout, right?) And Sunday I'm having dinner with my family - at the olive garden of all places - so I'm going to have to be very strong!!

I'm definitely working on upping my cardio. Leigh, good point about switching the type of cardio... I've been doing step and elliptical, but I really want to start running again. Maybe that change will help.

I'm in a bit of a rush right now - just finished morning job and have to run to my 2nd shift weekend job, so sorry for the lack of personals!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'1

Hi! I'm new, but really appreciating the forums so far. I've always been a bit above my ideal weight, but when I got on a scale last week and I was at 130, that was a real wake-up call. So now we're getting a jump-start with Atkins, and hoping after induction to move into a permanent diet with oatmeal for breakfast, almonds during the day, light lunch, meat & veggies for dinner, blueberries for a dessert.

Kitegirl: definitely go to a running shoe store. It is well worth it. After you get fitted, you can buy your replacement pairs online for much cheaper. I have medium pronation and used to sprain my ankle a bunch. They put my in a Brooks Addiction, and now I just buy the overstock whenever they move into a new series and get them for ~ 50/pair instead of 80-90 (retail).

As others have said (and you acknowledge) varying cardio is important. I found that back in my fittest year (year after college graduation), I hated biking and couldn't swim worth beans, so I would alternate between running and elliptical, and weight train. I don't know if I lost a lot of weight, but I was definitely more toned than I've ever been and my arms looked good!
fatfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #19  
Changing for the better

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and advice!! I really appreciate it

I am about to head off to the gym but I wanted to share a little NSV before I go...

I can really tell now that I've slimmed down, especially since I borrowed one of my mom's tops to wear to work today. She usually wears 1 size down from me (XS petite instead of S, etc.) since we are physically very similar, except I have no hips

Anyways, when I got home I decided to see what ELSE of hers I could fit into. I tried on so many things in her closet that were always too tight on me before, and they all fit!! Granted, I was still sucking in my stomach a little bit, but I still looked good. Then I went to my own closet, reached waaaay in the back, and pulled out a pair of jeans from high school (Express size 4 short ) and started to put them on, thinking "Oh, they'll probably fit, but I'll have to huff and puff my way into them." NOPE! They fit!! So instead of buying a new pair of jeans this summer, I can just wear those

I didn't go to the gym yesterday, because I had a really bad stomachache for some reason and wasn't feeling well, but today I feel great so it's back to the gym.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!!
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote