Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default New! Would love some help :)

Hello all
Brief introduction...I'm here because I feel like I've tried a million things, had some moderate success and would LOVE some help, tips and simply support from you all! I live in Manhattan and am here in search of the perfect body (aren't we all...) I work out (currently training for a half marathon so approximately 6 times a week) eat as healthy as I can muster and still feel I need help. I generally eat around 1300 calories and run for say 3 miles (it varies daily) and do strength training. I have lost about 6-8lbs (depending on the day...) since I started in January. I worked out with a trainer and he said I lose weight INCREDIBLY slowly. Superrr! Anyway, I would love some suggestions and help, i've tried giving up dairy, carbs (not in extreme ways) and my most successful has been a moderate combination of both....Also, how do I get one of those cool icons where I can track my weight loss?? they're so cute Well, thanks for having me!

S
5'9"
157/150/135
nycskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/120/120

Height: 5 foot 3 inch

Well, I am no expert since I weigh as much as you and I am only 5'3" but, you may want to increase your calories slightly and see what happens. For your height and with the amount you are training, I doubt 1300 calories is enough to fuel your body properly. You may even be in starvation mode which is stalling your weight loss. Maybe consult a dietician and show your daily food logs to see if he/she can help you tweak your diet to stimulate weight loss.
thunderbegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #3  

I appreciate your response I just feel like if I was in starvation mode I would be hungry which I'm not...but consulting a dietician could be a good next step for me. Good luck to you too!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Have you lost any inches, even if you haven't lost much weight? You may have been making good progress on fitness goals.

Could you get your body fat professionally measured? You don't want to lose lean body mass instead of fat. And a little fat in the right places is a good thing. At your height, your weight might already be perfect.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #5  

I think I have lost inches, I just really want to tighten up A LOT. i have a smaller frame so I think I could really be perfect at 135 (weight wise ) and 150 is still a bit too much flab-wise. I think getting my body professionally eval-ed is a great idea, I'm joining a new gym (with much better and more intense classes) at the end of the month and I will have a big fitness assessment/body measuring there. That should help!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand your comment on feeling flabby at 150. I'm 5'8" and currently 153 (ouch--that hurts to say it). I feel SO much better around 135 and am trying to get back there.

Since you're working out a lot, you are losing fat and gaining muscle, so even if you're not losing weight, you are fighting the war on flab.

Good luck to you!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote