Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #16  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I'm still curled up on the sofa unwell. I had to quickly pop in to say that I've just done something I never thought I would do. My mum just came and offered me an eat natural bar. Although they're healthy and I LOVE them, they have a wopping 245 cals(!) so are something to be eaten in moderation. Anyway, I said to my mum 'NOPE' I'll eat it another day. For me this is the ultimate temptation and I resisted it and I'm not feeling tempted at all! I love it!

Hope everybody else is doing well, and Dana welcome back to the forum!

And leigh that is incredible...well done! The longest I've gone binge free is 3 days

Last edited by Spoz; 06-17-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #17  
Changing for the better

I hear you on the "temptation" Spoz.....I just sent this e-mail to my mom:

Currently sitting on the "treat table" are TWO whole bags of large bagels, a full tray/box of Dunkin' Donuts, and a large box of gourmet muffins left over from the "team breakfast" (which I missed because somehow no one sent me an email, plus I was on the phone w/ the helpdesk)....PLUS half a pan of homemade taco dip and chips that someone made......this is HARD!!! haha.

I went over there just to see what was there (hoping there would be fruit salad like last time) but to no avail. I decided to have part of a muffin, and chose a berry thing......even though there are TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP ones too.....I had like 1/3 of it, not even 1/2.....then ate the rest of my carrots. haha. I figured it was healthier than a chocolate/banana nut one.....hey, blueberries have antioxidants.....RIGHT?!? so really, it wasn't that bad.

As you can see temptation is everywhere! People have nothing to do but bring in food on any and every occasion, whether it is to say "thanks" or "happy birthday."
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #18  
Walking away the weight

Hello all!

Spoz - ohhh. Being sick is so awful I truly hope you'll be better tomorrow. WTG with resisting the natural bar

Quote:
Currently sitting on the "treat table" are TWO whole bags of large bagels, a full tray/box of Dunkin' Donuts, and a large box of gourmet muffins left over from the "team breakfast" (which I missed because somehow no one sent me an email, plus I was on the phone w/ the helpdesk)....PLUS half a pan of homemade taco dip and chips that someone made......this is HARD!!!
Oh my goodness. How horrible. I would bowl over I think; especially with donuts sitting right there.

Claire- hoping your day was a success!

Oh my - I was so on plan today. Did a 40 minute walk and everything. But really it is because I was extremely busy!

Do any of you have an Aldi grocery store near you? It is a German store and very inexpensive - with much more of a European selection - limited and basic. I tried it for the first time today and saved about $50 on weekly groceries! I had to get about $30 worth of stuff in a normal store, but saving $50 off my weekly bill is awesome.
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #19  
Changing for the better

Hope you feel better soon Spoz!

I did well the rest of today; I'm glad to say that I resisted the treats....and trust me, I didn't forget that they were there It's extra hard when everyone else is eating it, so you know they won't judge you for it, and technically you can take a donut back to your cube and no one will really see you stuffing your face. BUT I have learned by now, after eating Ben & Jerry's alone in my dorm room, that even if no one sees you eat it.....guess what? It still counts It sounds stupid now, but that didn't stop me from indulging waaay too often on the ice cream. You just can't trick your body into thinking what you're eating is good for you when it's actually processed trash.

The weather here hasn't been amazing, but the coolness is actually better for walking outside, since we don't get too hot So I walked today and plan on doing it the rest of the week too....probably won't get to the gym tomorrow though since I am seeing a friend who is leaving town soon, and it might be the last time I hang out with her for a while. Hopefully if we go shopping at the mall or something I'll still be able to walk around instead of sitting all day!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #20  
Walking away the weight

Kimberly- I hope you have a fun time with your friend. Goodbye is always a bit hard.

I am off to a good start. Walked 40 minutes, and have tons of bonus points left as I near the end of this week. This always happens to me and I cannot figure out why. But then, Weight Watchers gets annoyed if I lose more than 2 lbs per week.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #21  
Burning it away

Kimbely...Out of curiosity, if the things on that treat table are so tempting why do you go and look at it? Although you did a huge job on resisting it, so good on you! And have fun wth your friend.

By the way Leigh - we've had Aldi here in the uk for a good few years now. Very cost effective and good quality stuff! Love it.

I'm feeling alot better and I'm having such a great week food wise. I'm also doing great in therapy and in my diabetes plan, so all in all alot more positive!
Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody!

Are the gals from Kitchener/Waterloo/ Hamilton still here?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #23  
Changing for the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoz View Post
Kimbely...Out of curiosity, if the things on that treat table are so tempting why do you go and look at it? Although you did a huge job on resisting it, so good on you! And have fun wth your friend.
Well, the last time we had a team breakfast there was a good amount of fruit as well, along with the bagels and stuff...so I was hoping someone had brought some healthier options in. I have to walk around the office to get to my supervisor's/mentor's cubes too, which forces me to pass by the table every time but I am staying strong! It is easier to do so when all that food just sits out and becomes stale anyways.

I made plans to go to dinner with my friend tonight and we will probably go somewhere at/near the mall. She suggested P.F. Chang's, which luckily has their menu and nutrition info on the website that I looked at. I couldn't believe how fattening some stuff is! Their famous "Great Wall of Chocolate Cake" was over 2,000 calories I know it's probably meant to share, but still.....I found some healthier-looking vegetarian options though, so I could always order something steamed w/ brown rice

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 06-18-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #24  
Walking away the weight

Good morning Featherweights

Spoz- Gad you are feeling better! I believe they are testing the Aldi stores in some U.S. cities to see how they do in the U.S. I think one thing they are not certain of is whether Americans will like having limited selection in a store. Don't know if you have been to the states, but we have this insane amount of selection in grocery stores - like eight million brands of cereal.

Good morning, Susan! I have missed you and wondered what you were up to.

Kimberly- I hope you had a good dinner. I like PF Chang's. I like anything with an Asian flair, actually. Love Asian food. I know their food is only slightly Asian LOL.

I cannot walk this morning because DH left early for a business trip. Also, I peeked at the scale this morning and think I may have reached a slowing point after my initial 6 week big loss. I did expect this though - I know weight loss slows and it becomes more work. But we shall see in the morning what happens.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 AM   #25  
Changing for the better

Well, I ended up going to Camille's Sidewalk Cafe for dinner (don't know if anyone has a location near them) and got a Mediterranean salad....they are HUGE and I ate most of it, but it was mostly lettuce and I was really hungry. I used about 1/8 of the dressing on the side, so I don't think I did too badly. There's no nutritional info online for it but it had romaine lettuce, red peppers, grilled chicken, pesto, olives, feta cheese, and onions.....all the stuff I love! And instead of having "dessert" when I got home later that night I had a bunch of fresh local strawberries (yum) and a small piece of turkey...not too bad.

So all I did yesterday was my walk during lunch hour; I didn't get around to doing my yoga DVD when I got back because it was time for bed! But I will either do the DVD today or go to the gym, we'll see what happens.

Can't believe it's Thursday already......the weeks of summer just seem to fly by!

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 06-19-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #26  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
I usually lurk these days but today I felt the need to post something... Time to get BACK ON TRACK for me! The last few days, I've been allowing myself to eat junk food and ice cream, for no good reason. And much more than a small "treat"... I may be craving junk food because I've been eating really healthy lately. This is kind of embarrassing, but yesterday my BF and I were home all day together and while he was on the phone, I took the dog out for an excuse to go get myself a Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked icecream bar and sat on the bench outside the deli and ate it in the sun! It was yummy, but I kind of felt like I was hiding it... Then I came home and didn't say anything about it...

then later that night, we ordered Thai food delivery which I hadn't done in a LONG time, only because I end up eating SO much. And yup, I ate too much pineapple fried rice. I don't even wanna know the caloric damage. And most of the day I sat around watching TV. UGH. I felt so horrible.

Anyway today is a brand new day and I'm planning on going to the gym and working some of this junk off. Also going on a walk during lunch with a coworker. I think I may have gained like, 4lbs in the last 3 days EEEK... say it ain't so...

Gotta just keep moving forward... This is only a bump in the road...
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #27  
Burning it away

It's funny that once you started with the junk you felt the need to go out and get more and hide it chicken, it's the sort of routine addicts take and just shows that maybe junk food is more addictive once you start consuming it. Way to go on picking out the problem though and planning to stop it!

Speaking of which I had a little binge today, usually once this happens my plan goes to **** and all sorts of nasty foods end up in my system but thankfully today I went down a little more gracefully. I've nearly reached my mini goal and sure as **** don't plan to let one mindless custard tart ruin that!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM   #28  
Walking away the weight

Kimberly- it sounds like you are making awesome choices!

chickennugget- I think it is always along process for each of us. I am glad you are moving forward

spoz- I am so happy to hear you were able to get back on track so much more quickly! Progress, progress.

I got a sub and baked chips for lunch today. But when I finished the sub, I was full and did not eat the chips (hooray for small miracles).
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #29  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hiding food is never a good sign.

When I was a teenager I used to get big bowls of dry cornflakes and take them upstairs to my room. I would lie on my bed reading a book (this before the days of the internet, with the cornflakes under my duvet so if my mum came into the room she wouldn't know I was eating.

It was heaven when I finally got my own place as I could finally binge freely.

Now - although I very rarely binge - when I do I still hide food, but these days I hide it from my daughter. And she is only 7!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #30  
Walking away the weight

Quote:
Hiding food is never a good sign.
ITA. As one who is working on my binge eating issues, I have to say that I absolutely love to eat alone. It feels like such a release to me - like I am getting away with something divine. But I know it is a bad thing.