Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158.4/158.4/143

Height: 5'7

Default Yello fellow chicks! ^^

Hey chicks!! im new here! and I need help!!
i'm currently somewhere in between 154 -165ibs. I don't have a scales! >_<!
And my goal is to lose 22 pounds! But I need your help! I don't know where or how to start.. I'd be super happy if someone could give me some tips or something!

hope to talk to you all!
polypeptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey sweety!

whats your current diet like... always a good place to start!
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 AM   #3  

haha.. ._.; I don't have any...!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I don't think she meant "diet" in the sense of a prescribed plan that you're following... just in the sense of what you actually eat on a day to day basis.

It might be useful to start out by just tracking what you eat and what activities you do over the course of a week or so, and see what you would like to change in order to reach your goals. fitday.com has a free program that lets you track everything online, but there are other sites as well.

Good luck, and keep posting any questions or progress or whatever you feel like!!
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Check out other threads

polypeptide. Can we call you poly?

Why don't you have a look at the weekly planning & chat thread and some of the other threads in the forum to see what some other people are doing?

I don't know what your financial situation is but it is really handy to at least have access to a scale (at the gym maybe?) to see what your current weight is and to measure your progress to see if the eating plan you choose is working.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

if you don't have a scale maybe you should switch your goal from 22lbs to losing inches. Measure all your parts(arms, thighs, waist, bust, hips, etc) and keep a chart of that.

No matter what plan you choose, driking water and exercise will help. I agree that if you start writing down EVERYTHING you eat for a week or so, you'll see where you can cut back. The daily plate dot com is a great site for charting what you eat. It has probably every food ever eaten in it.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

I'll get a scale! Don't worry about that.. ^^, it's just that when my mother and her exhusband broke up she didn't take the scale, but he did, and we just haven't bought one yet..
Though my financial situation isn't the best.. I live with my sister, my mother pays the rent but she lives with her current boyfriend.. My sister rarely eats with me and I hate to make meals for only myself.. so it happens a lot of times that I eat bread, cereals and stuff like that.. which doesn't make me full right.. so I eat other stuff.. like.. candy.. I think candy is my biggest enemy.. I should just go with fruits instead.. But sometimes it's soooo hard..

Thanks for all your tips though, I will check the sites out and the other parts of the forum <3
Old 05-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

If a scale is out of the question use the pant-o-meter... Measure your losses by how your clothes fit...

Suggestions: eat clean -- as close to nature as possible no processed foods... exercise -- walk, hike, run, get outside, ....

It really isn't rocket science... eat less, move more...

Keep us posted on your progress .....

Last edited by Ilene; 05-06-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #9  

I've started to eat less unhealthy stuff.. And today I bought raspberries and bananas instead of candy.. it's more yummie! ^_^ I like the sour taste of raspberries!
I had oats for breakfast instead of lots and lots of bread.. aaaand now im gonna eat some potatoes and fish! ^_^
and I try not to drink/eat so much stuff with milk in it and such..!
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

You're on the right track Poly ... Add lots veggies to go with your fish and potato and you'll soon be on your way
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #11  

I need some encouragement..