Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #1  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Lots of water, right?

You know how you're supposed to drink 8, 9 glasses of water a day? Ok, I hate drinking water most of the time but I've been forcing myself to do it, but when I do, I have to pee like every ten minutes or so! I don't THINK i have a UTI or anything, although that's not totally out of the question. Maybe I have a small bladder... anyway, this problem makes it really annoying to drink lots of water.

Anybody have this problem, too? I feel like I'm peeing all day long!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #2  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i have the same problem. it's like, didn't i just pee? geez. but i have noticed that when i'm consistently drinking a lot of water over time, my body gets used to it and i don't go quite so often. so keep it up.

if the frequency is the only problem, you probably don't have a UTI. but if you get any other symptoms like burning, pain in your lower back, a fever, etc., then you should call your doc.
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

Height: 5'4

I have been through the same thing everytime I get back drinking tons of water. Just keep drinking and within 2 weeks your bladder will stretch out and you wont have to go as much. Just be patient. I am 3 weeks in and I went from going 7x a day at work to about 1 or 2.
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:22 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Yep, eventually you will get used to drinking water and you won't have to go to the toilet so often, just hang in there....

If you think you may have UTI add some pure concentrated cranberry juice to your water for a few days... Knudsen makes a good one, it's expensive but you only need to add like a half to one cup per one litre of water...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Phew, thanks guys... yeah, I didn't think it felt like a UTI. I'm gonna keep it up and when I get to the point where I don't have to go as much, I'll know that I'm drinking enough water.
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I wouldn't rapidly increase me water intake. For example, if all you normally drink is the ice cubes in your margarita , and then the next day you're swilling down a gallon of water, that's gonna through off your body. I'd gradually ease into drinking more water, maybe over the span of a week or so.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

chickennugget126 -- Another way of knowing if you are drinking enough water is if your urine is pale yellow to clear, then you are drinking enough. If it's dark yellow then you need more... I gauge it like that on some days....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #8  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have the same problem so I asked my doctor last time I was in, and she said that increased exercise can add to this problem. I guess all that bouncing makes your bladder take notice.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote