Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #31  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Closing my eyes while typing because I saw enough to know that Dagmar put in TBL spoilers and I havent watched it yet. I tivo it and watch it usually on Wednesday, sometimes thursday.

Late to take the kids to school...crap...bbl
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #32  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

no spoilers at all m'dear!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #33  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

ok finished watching...whew...too dangerous to go online til I catch up on my Tivo.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

drumroll please .... DH and I just joined a gym! We go on Monday for our orientation, body composition testing etc.

I was pretty sure that this was a logical next step for me. DH kind thought maybe he'd have time .... Now, we're both pretty excited. I'll keep in touch!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default No more comments on TBL

I didn't realize this was an issue. I will keep my comments about the "Biggest Loser" on my blog.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #36  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I didn't realize this was an issue. I will keep my comments about the "Biggest Loser" on my blog.

Dagmar
No worries...I didnt mean to hurt your feelings...I was expecting discussion so I closed my eyes as soon as I saw the first word. ...Its not just here, its also in another group I am in... I pretty much close my eyes all wednesday morning
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #37  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
I just can't get over Ally. The reason I'm really rooting for her is because though she was given a jumpstart on campus...she lost a larger part of all that weight without the benefit of the trainers and while surrounded by temptation.
I hope Ally makes it although I doubt it... She just has no more weight to lose.... Gosh she looks good, I am totally envious... Kelly just gets on my nerves a bit... The guys are freakin' cry

I didn't have a good day yesterday and today!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:32 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning dears!

What's for breakfast? I'm toying with shakes again and doing pretty well. But, they are not stopping the night time nibbles.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #39  

Question Lack of sleep/hunger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Morning dears!

What's for breakfast? I'm toying with shakes again and doing pretty well. But, they are not stopping the night time nibbles.
I just ate and ate yesterday. All healthy stuff but I couldn't stop. I think it might just be fatigue. I've been way overbooked at work and, with my dad's situation, pretty anxious. Even though I'm not overly fond of him I feel duty-bound to look after him because there is no one else to do it.

I eat at night to stay awake long enough so that I don't wake up at 2 a.m. ready to go. But I've been waking up around 3:30 anyway and haven't been able to get back to sleep. I could happily just sleep today but I've got a ten-hour day booked.

Just curious, how much sleep is everyone getting per night, on average? I'm getting 5-6 hours tops. I'm really feeling that's not enough.

Dagmar
Old 04-03-2008, 06:18 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I hope Ally makes it although I doubt it... She just has no more weight to lose.... Gosh she looks good, I am totally envious... Kelly just gets on my nerves a bit... The guys are freakin' cry
I think the guys have been "stuffing down" their emotions with food for years and years. Not "manly" to cry and all that. Now they are having all that come out.

I know how they feel. I think the last time I had a good cry was when Maddy died, almost 3 years ago. I too find myself running to the kitchen when I'm angry, sad, frustrated way too much of the time still.

Biggest Loser (no this is not a spoiler) doens't seem to address what made them eat in the first place very well. There was that brief segment with Jillian's mom the therapist but that's pretty much been it.

Dagmar
Old 04-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #41  

Dagmar - regarding sleep. Most nights I wake up between 2-4 and have a very hard time going back to sleep and then I'm usually exhausted the next day. It's very frustrating. On the 40's message board, many of the women have this same problem and are blaming perimenopause. I'm not sure what mine is but I wish I could figure out a fix for it. I feel like I need between 7-8 hrs to feel good. I completely agree that the more tired I am the more hungry.

Amy
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #42  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I think the guys have been "stuffing down" their emotions with food for years and years. Not "manly" to cry and all that. Now they are having all that come out.

Dagmar
I would buy that to some extent...although it seems to me that Mark felt like everyone saw him as the jerk and he is being more touchy feely on purpose. My guess is the producers said "viewer feedback is that the guys are too cocky/jerky so can you mush it up a bit fellows?"

Did I see that the viewers are going to vote the last person off? That could help Ally, I think she is well liked. Or maybe that is just here in chick land!

I guess I havent addressed well what caused me to eat in the first place either since I still self sabotage regularly. Maybe when my kids are in school I will have time for therapy, right now I would have to find a sitter AND give up my exercise time...that doesnt seem like a smart trade off. Unless Jillians mom is going to fix me in one magic session

I am ready to drop at 9 pm, but it ticks me off because I usually sleep until 3 or so and then am awake and just starting to drop off again when my alarm goes off at 5. frustrating. But if I stay up past 10 I have a tough time getting to sleep at all, I missed my low point and start getting hyper revved.

Last edited by ennay; 04-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
drumroll please .... DH and I just joined a gym! We go on Monday for our orientation, body composition testing etc.

I was pretty sure that this was a logical next step for me. DH kind thought maybe he'd have time .... Now, we're both pretty excited. I'll keep in touch!
Good for you!!! I have it in the back of my mind that one day I'll join. Man, it's only two doors down from our office. You'd think it would be easy for me to walk down there and just do it!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

SusanB, i hope you and hubby enjoy the gym! I'd love to have a buddy to workout with. I have a gym membership and i do go by myself, but hopefully when the weather gets a little warmer i'll start jogging w/ my friend who lives down the street... we're planning to, anyway!

dagmar, i think sleep needs vary by age and individual, but 5-6 hours as a normal night is probably a little low. i definitely notice with myself that if i am fatigued i turn into a human garbage disposal - i eat anything and EVERYTHING!

i'm happy-go-lucky today because yesterday i was OP and got to spend time with my bf and have a lovely Thai curry for dinner. Then today my work called to ask if i'd be interested in training for a supervisor position, which means i get certified as a med tech. yey!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #45  
Ilene the Bean

Congrats Iris...

Today was a happy-go-lucky day for me too... I ran to and from the gym, had a good workout while there... then visited my mom... got some groceries and grilled some asparagus and made mashed carrots and turnip (for some reason I was craving that) ... then made some wraps for everyone for supper with beef and ww wraps and asparagus with red peppers and celery with tzatiki ...

I was very very focused today because I was NOT yesterday and the day before...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote