Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Darlings!

My thighs fit in my cute khaki scrub pants!!! Praise the lawd! I thought I was gonna hafta get some bigger ones. Can we all say .... no not bigger never!!

Today I'm grateful for chiropractors, good walking shoes ... and all of you!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Think Spring!

Iris Great photo - you look so strong!

And I think you may have just hit on the "theme" for this month's planning & chat threads - SPRING!!!

I am rethinking snacking this week. I tend to eat carbs/fruit (sweets) as snacks - cereal, crackers, pretzels, etc. Now that it's finally getting a bit warmer I'm rethinking. Dairy products and shakes incorporating fruit and a bit of protein seem to be where I'm going.

Protein can be harder to eat than carbs though. Most of it is not " finger" food and requires things like can openers, forks, refrigeration, etc.

This could be interesting. Portable protein - hmmm.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #18  

Exclamation Biggest Loser is addictive

Ya know IMHO Kelly could really be the first woman to win this thing (go Kelly!), if she can change her attitude. Ally and Mark don't have enough weight left to lose, and Jay is really not a competitor unless Mark is holding his hand.

Kelly and Roger both really have a good chance at this. Roger is already in the mindset that he has a goal and is working toward it. He was a pro football player so really has the "game" attitude.

I still think Kelly is a bit off track mentally. She is still genuinely surprised at what the scale shows. She does work hard but doesn't "get" that she is in control of her weight loss .

I think being in this artificial environment, with no outside objective input, really has an effect. Gives you tunnel vision.

And now my point, relating this to 3FC. Sometimes I think we all get this tunnel vision, particularly when times are hard and we are just barely hanging on to maintenance.

We don't have a Jillian (thank goodness) or a Bob but we do have each other (I hear you all barfing at my sentimentality) to jolt us out of our tunnels. Lucky us!

So, at the start of this new Spring month, let's see what we can all do to get out of those winter tunnels we've dug for ourselves.

Dagmar (ah so grasshopper )
Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Morning! Had a brisk short run this morning in still sub freezing temperatures....not normal for this town. Have a trail run planned for this evening.

I am trying to make myself wear my slightly uncomfortable khakis and jeans just to reinforce that I am NOT allowed to get bigger!

I can't wait until May when the farmer's markets open.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I AM wearing the slightly tight, uncomfortable khaki's today. Uugh. They're new, too. They fit fine when I bought them--it's me that changed. This has got to stop!

My back is slowly healing. I'm stretching several times a day to make everything feel better (it sure helps). My hips even hurt! No run this morning.

Dagmar~we usually just use the hose on the dogs and then lather them up really good, rinse and then do a final rinse in the pool (big pool). We've actually gotten Chico to get in by himself. Buddy has to have supervision--since his problem with vestibular disease last summer, he's way off balance and tends to fall to his side in the pool and sinks. He used to swim just fine (although he hates to get wet).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Iris -- I've been wearing my super tight jeans as a reminder to not eat too... This is hilarious, I wore them to work 2 Fridays ago and they were so tight that my insides hurt when I took them off... Last Friday I wore them again and I wasn't so sore... Maybe this Friday I won't hurt at all, then next Friday they'll be loose? One can only dream :cloud:

Dagmar -- I for one loved your emotional analogy, I did NOT ... you're too funny! On snacking, cottage cheese and strawberries are my lifesaver as a good protein snack... You could go around with a cold chicken breast instead of a processed protein bar, no? I agree higher protein snacks are a challenge...

Just back from a jog, I got home just in time because it started to rain... It was actually quite balmy out...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

ennay i'm anxiously awaiting the farmer's markets too. we have a year 'round one but i'm kind of strict about buying local stuff so i'm excited for yummy things to come back in season! I really do eat much better in the summer.

susanB congrats on fitting into those pants! i'm vicariously savoring that feeling until i can finally fit back into my skinny jeans.

dagmar you are quite right about snacking - it's always the tortilla chips or cereal that i reach for. they make portable protein stuff like little cheeses but they should still be refrigerated. unless you want to eat a bunch of protein bars (ick!) it's quite a challenge! high fiber snacks would be good too.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #23  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Spring!!!! OK, really freaking cold for spring, but sunny. Took the stroller to go get dd from school. Now I remember why my metabolism is "higher" in the summer. Stroller to the brokerage firm to make an appt, strollered across the st to the bank, then to pick up dd, then to lunch and home. I love running errands by stroller.

My dryer died this morning, I wish I had figured it out in time to stop by the appliance store while strollering to order a new one. We've had it repaired twice and they said that was it, they wouldnt repair it again as the coil was going to keep burning out unless we replaced this gasket which would end up costing about $200 of work. But we got another 18 months out of the last repair by being diligent about checking pockets for coins and not using the high heat setting (of course jeans took about 90 minutes to dry). The coil is now shot, but if I keep running it, eventually clothes WILL dry on cool, just takes about 3 hrs. sigh. Drip dry in Oregon in April is not very feasible. The pioneers must have had mildewy clothes here.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #24  

Default 4 more signs of spring here

Really strange weather day here. , , wind, and temps from downright hot (well hot for Ontario in April) to needing my gloves.

Saw another robin. And a housefly landed on my car while we were loading up from after the walk. Emmie promptly ate him! Gave me a look of absolute delight - she'd caught her own snack !

The dogs, young and old, were all wild today! Spring in the air, smells, mud, wind, sun and they all went bonkers! That always reenergizes me too!

Just had a chicken burger on whole wheat with black olive tapenade, Dijon, and tomato. Delicious and 400 cals. Snacks for the Biggest Loser are fennel slices and a pear with vanilla low fat yogurt. Yummy!

Have a good evening everyone!

Dagmar (very )
Old 04-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #25  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

PERIMENOPAUSE?!? I'm only 35!! Wow...I think I should perhaps start tracking my symptoms. But generally they only last for my first day of TOM. Time to ask my OB. Speaking of OBs...I just saw the Business of giving birth and it is excellent!! I wish it had been there before I had my first kid!

Spring has sprung and I started my cardio routine again in addition to my training. I just can't not do cardio...I feel like I'm not doing anything even if I'm doing hardcore weights.

I went and did a little retail therapy today (finished up some gift cards and such) Got cute pants from Old Navy and 2 paris of gladiator sandals for a total of 11$...and then bought a pair of cute steve madden quilted flats from Marshalls....and some perfume...without spending even a dime! Woo for gift cards!

Food was right on...and the kids and I even got in some outside time...that was excellent!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all!
Still working to fit in exercise, healthy food, AND sleep...
(tough)
I managed to plow through 3 servings of pretzels sitting in front of the computer. Time to get up and move my rear, eh?
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Spring is here. I can see my backyard. Dh says it's too wet and I can't go back there. Humm! Soon enough ... I'll probably complaining about the weeds!

I'm experiementing with two shakes a day, to stop the nibblies. It worked OK last night. I'll have to learn to sip patiently And make sure every cal between is a good one.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:46 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Spring is here. I can see my backyard. Dh says it's too wet and I can't go back there. Humm! Soon enough ... I'll probably complaining about the weeds!

I'm experiementing with two shakes a day, to stop the nibblies. It worked OK last night. I'll have to learn to sip patiently And make sure every cal between is a good one.
We had to pile all of the snow in the driveway into both yards so I still have about 4 feet of it in back and 5-6 in front. Our little tree is visible though, and not one branch broken! Another argument for being "skinny" .

I find my shakes come in at around 300 cals so I can't use them as snacks. I generally have one in the morning in summer as breakfast. DH likes them too so it's easier to feed him in the morning ( he's never fully awake the first hour he's up).
Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 AM   #29  

Thumbs up Biggest Loser is addictive part 2

Go Kelly go! She got her mind around the whole weight loss/workout business while in Australia. Maybe being "turned upside down" had an effect?

I think it will come down to her and Roger in the end. Never seen a finale so don't know exactly what's involved. It'd be so cool if she was the first woman winner.

I know Ally deserves it too but Kelly has my vote as "most improved" and it was so neat to see her finally "get it" during the competition. It's always so inspiring to see someone take control of their life!

Dagmar
Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #30  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I just can't get over Ally. The reason I'm really rooting for her is because though she was given a jumpstart on campus...she lost a larger part of all that weight without the benefit of the trainers and while surrounded by temptation.

I have a feeling she may not make it but by golly....she totally rocks in my book. But in the end....if any of them win it's awesome. I'm glad that kid was sent home (is that bad?) he was just so...smug...

I am feeling great this morning. I think i just need that half an hour of cardio everyday to feel invigorated. So...weights in the am and cardio in the pm or some combination of the two together.

Forgive the book...

PS..I can't stand tight fitting anything. I never wear anything uncomfortable for that reason....well..except teetering heels.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote