Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar - I just don't get your DH's behavior... forgive me for saying, but it seems a bit childish. Perhaps it's just a case of misery loves company, and he wants you to be his company! You have been so strong and determined.... dig in deep and do your best not to let him derail you.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Dagmar - I just don't get your DH's behavior... forgive me for saying, but it seems a bit childish. Perhaps it's just a case of misery loves company, and he wants you to be his company! You have been so strong and determined.... dig in deep and do your best not to let him derail you.
My DH is a 14 year-old boy sometimes. He has redeeming qualities which is why I've kept him around for 12 years .

He jsut can't seem to get any self-discipline or organization going in his private life. All of his family are that way.

My family expected me to be an adult from the time I was about 8 years old . That has given me a lot of self-discipline and organizational skills. I just don't know how to teach them to someone else.

Dagmar (the gym is ready!!)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #63  

Thumbs up Back OP today

Had a good day today, despite having to give all of my "old" furniture to Goodwill . Oh well, can't keep everything forever. And I now have a gym space!

Took DH on an hour's walk after dropping off the furniture. We stopped for a tea and I had an apple with it, instead of a cookie or other pastry . Set an example but DH isn't following it. He bought 2 large cookies.

Tonite we had chicken burgers on whole wheat. I only had one bun. We are going to a movie tonite, instead of sitting in front of the TV. Just a small popcorn and a water for me.

Have a great night all!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Hey girls been MIA for a few days because my g/f and I went to her cottage on Friday night had a crème brulé martini one of her specialties, very rich... with munchies... drank wayyyyy too much wine, almost a bottle each ... she made a delicious ww pasta with chicken, not bat in itself, but the rest .... Had a fantastic time though... Then today we shopped till we dropped, great time ...

Tomorrow morning it's a run, the gym, and lotsa and lotsa wata

Next Friday we should start a new thread... I like the "Weekend Warriors" name ... I can start it or whomever is here first on Friday...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #65  

Thumbs up Weekend Warriors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Next Friday we should start a new thread... I like the "Weekend Warriors" name ... I can start it or whomever is here first on Friday...
Sounds good!

Dagmar
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #66  

Cool All you can eat brunch

The name in the title says it all. I'm staying with lots of salad, fruit, steamed rice and shrimp. It's a chinese place with fairly conservative food so the desserts table shouldn't be too appealing.

I'm having fruit for breakfast - melon and organic strawberries - so I won't be ravenous by the time I hit the buffet at around 12:30.

Dinner is an eggplant & squash bake and I'm going to go prepare it now so I won't be tempted to go out for dinner or order something foolish .

Have a terrific day all!

Dagmar
Old 04-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #67  

Thumbs up All I can eat . . .

. . . turned out to be veggies and shrimp from the salad bar and one plate full of meat, steamed rice and veg from the main tables.

We were all yakking so much that I didn't even have time to cruise the dessert table. My dessert turned out to be a mint from the bowl on the way out, which a very nice lady offered me with a pair of tongs.

Now dinner and then another weekend binge free!

Dagmar
Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #68  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar -- Way to go on hanging in there with your DH and showing by example... Keep doing it, without saying a word, and eventually he may catch on, but like a young teenager it takes time

Today was a good day, I jogged 30 mins, then met up with my g/f at the gym and we did 1h20 mins of core chest workout, OUCH!!!

Had my parents over for supper,had pork chops marinated in brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder and pineapple juice, with asparagus and white rice... A small piece of angel food cake topped with strawberries and a dollop of Dream Whip... The rest of my food day was good too...
Old 04-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #69  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default late check in

Urgh! Not my best weekend by any means. Actually probably my worst 3 days in the last 6 weeks. But TOM is here... early... and no part of my mind or body is happy about it.

I just got on the scale. Up 5lbs. Unreal. Hoping a full nights sleep will ditch 2 or 3 since my weigh in day is actually tomorrow.

Hope you all did well. I am up for the new thread next weekend. But before I sign off.. gotta apologize for not being here much this weekend. Sounds like you were all on task and I promise I will be next weekend. Gonna practice for it beginning tomorrow!

Have a great night!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #70  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Ladies... Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was not a success in the weightloss category. I am up on the scale about 3 lbs. thanks to birthday parties and mindless eating... However it's a new week... Time to think positive and drop those 3 lbs quickly!

I'll start a new weekend thread this Friday! Weekend Warriors is great! Thanks for everyone's support and

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 04-07-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #71  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Up 2 Lbs

Mornin'

I am also up today. Mindless eating, no exercise, no water, TOM, what the heck was I thinking. Will be putting on a new attitude today as well. My goal for the week is AWARENESS about food, my body, my mood, and my exercise NEEDS. Hope you all have a good week, and look forward to a new thread next weekend!!!

Have a great Monday.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

the weekend went well until sunday night... then my family started to stress me out and i caved to the second helping of pasta. followed by frozen yogurt and cookies.

however, i this morning i weighed the same as i did last monday - 136 - so even though last night was a disaster i'm holding steady overall.

ilene i am a sucker for wine (and beer) and i don't usually drink fancy stuff but i must say that a creme brulee martini could probably tempt me! glad you had a good time... makes the extra calories almost worth it!

dagmar i don't think men really get a woman's desire to eat healthy and watch weight. at least not most of them. i couple of weeks ago my bf made fudge and insisted that i keep the ENTIRE pan. just because's he's thin and can eat whatever he wants... grrrr.

nixmom and marathon mom better luck next weekend - you can do it!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #73  
Ilene the Bean

I paid for those extra calories too... up 3 lbs also ... Onward and downward this week...
Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #74  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default tiny loss but it's something...

Hi all!

I had a decent weekend. I managed to stay OP with my eating for the most part. My red wine consumption was slightly less than usual. (Translation: 4 glasses instead of 6) Hopefully, if the Weekend Warriors thread continues I'll get down to 2-3 glasses! So my big news is that over the weekend I loss .5 lbs! I'm finally only 1 lb away from my 1st mini-goal.

Ladies: I wish you all the best this week. Stay strong! I know how hard it is to get back on track after a crazy weekend. And I also know how difficult it can be to stay focused after you've had a good weekend! Sometimes my ego kicks in and I start thinking that I "deserve" an extra snack because I kicked butt over the weekend.

Good luck everyone --- see ya again on Friday!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #75  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Yesterday was a good day... I ran 6 mi and did an hour of cardio boxing. I am down the 3 I gained this weekend... Time to get back on track and continue down on the scale.

Dangerous curves - Great job! (your photo is motivating me!)
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote