Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:45 AM   #46  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone! Thank you! You all motivated me - and I did it! I managed to lose 1 1/2 lbs this weekend! I am so happy!

By the sounds of it, this 'challenge' inspired others as well...

Way to go!
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #47  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up We Did It!

Survived the weekend. I'm down .8 lbs! Almost a 1 lber! Still I am super happy with the results as I am at my lowest in a couple years and my body REALLY likes to hang on about 5lbs more than I am right now. Feel like I'm pushing a rock but I held it place this weekend

Thanks to all of you, and yes, I will be looking for a similar thread this coming weekend as well. Maybe start Friday Morning?

Thanks every one and CONGRATS!

KC
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 AM   #48  
Ilene the Bean

down a pound here too ..... When I hopped on the scale this morning and saw the 1 lb lost I said out loud: "It CAN be done..."

Yep, the "Weekend Club" will come back next weekend starting on Friday ...

to everyone who participated ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:50 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

No weight loss here. But I'm still going to consider the weekend a semi-success. I exercised and did fairly well on staying in my calorie limit. Much better than the past few weekends.

Thanks for the thread Marathon Mom. Great Idea!
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:55 AM   #50  
Ilene the Bean

Deb -- you MAINTAINED I think the aim for the weekend thread was not to gain when faced with challenges like going out and living outside the routine of the week ... You done good girl
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

No loss but no gain this weekend. I think this thread is a good idea
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #52  
Feelin good in my skin

Abby and Deb - Great job...

I agree! This thread definitely kept me motivated on the weekend. I felt like I had a little reminder inside my head that kept me on the right track... Knowing if I overate I'd have to post the bad news...

Looking forward to this weekend and having everyone supporting eachother towards success!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #53  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Default I am soooo proud of you guys!

I can't believe I maintained my weight over the weekend!

I am beyond late on posting my success from the weekend. Due to some family drama, I haven't managed to post since Friday!!

Friday, I managed to stay OP...not even ONE slip up! Sat. was a struggle. I stayed OP with my eating but had a major slip with the wine. However, when I woke up Sun. morning I got myself back on track. I ate a sensible meal at the dinner party and had nothing to drink. Not even a sip! I was soooo determined not to let myself down and to stay OP with the rest of the Weekend Club.

Marathon Mom thanks for starting this thread and to everyone who participated thank you so much for inspiring me. I can't wait for the next challenge on Fri.

Last edited by dangerouscurves76; 04-02-2008 at 03:28 PM.
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #54  
Feelin good in my skin

Default Weekend Warriors!!

Hey Ladies... The weekend is here! Are you ready?

Let's hope for another succesfull weekend of dropping or maintaining our weight..

My weekend plans include - Movie night tonight - All day seminar tomorrow - Birthday Party Sat night... Must use

Last weekend- planning it out and having accountablity worked...

Everyone in?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i'm in this weekend! i'm going out to catch up with some friends tonight, so i MUST limit myself to 2 drinks... tomorrow i am having lunch with my mom and cleaning/rearranging my apartment and sunday is still up for grabs.

here's some extra for marathon mom and anyone else who needs it (plus i know i will... mmmm beer!)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #56  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm in again. My plans, fishing tomorrow... standing on boat all day will be good for my leggies! All my water, only 1 "freebie" meal and 50 situps a day. Here we go!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Question New thread each weekend???

I'm in. Does everyone want to keep using this thread or would someone do the honours and start a new thread?

Dagmar (hiding from DH's ice cream)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #58  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Smile

I don't see a new thread started so I'm just going to post here. I don't have too much planned for the weekend except dinner with the family tomorrow night. I'm starting off the weekend at 140.5 Praying I can stay on track!
dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #59  

Question New thread next week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I'm in. Does everyone want to keep using this thread or would someone do the honours and start a new thread?

Dagmar (hiding from DH's ice cream)
How about we continue with this thread for this weekend and then Marathon Mom starts a new one next Friday? Similar to what we're doing with the weekly chat thread. Easier to find specific posts that way with the shorter threads.

Dagmar
Old 04-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #60  

Thumbs down Men - Arrrggghh!!!

My DH deliberately sabotaged me last night. He is not losing any weight and eating from stress and he wants me to join him.

And I have had a great amount of stress this past week with my dad having to go in for surgery again and no one to do the aftercare. Finally browbeat my cousin (the doctor ferchrissakes) into bringing my dad home and staying with him Monday night.

So DH shows up with beer, chips, and ice cream. He bought two bottles "of your favorite beer" for me and got quite whiney when I tried to refuse. We argued and I finally caved after he started sulking and saying I was ruining the weekend.

Drank the two beers (I try to stay away from alcohol entirely as I know my willpower goes to zero) and got to work on the chips . Followed by pretzels . And popcorn .

I feel all "puffy" this morning . Today I'm back on track and I will just refuse any more "treats" DH brings. I will say that I did hang out and eat with him last night but am back on my diet today .

You will be seeing a lot of posts from me this weekend I fear. I have to figure out a way to stop DH from doing this. Any suggestions on how to tactfully tell your sweetie he's ruining a week's hard dieting work with his "gifts"?

Thanks, and I can use all the extra anyone sends my way.

Dagmar