Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & chat for March 10-16

Good Morning all!

Welcome to a new week. Winter is coming to an end and spring is about to begin. Easter is almost here!

How are we all doing? And what are we going to do about all those chocolate bunnies ?

Have a great week everyone!
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Unhappy Not a good start

I now know by how my body looks when I've gained back weight . I've been ignoring it and have lucked out on my weigh-ins by being dehydrated.

The number on the scale this morning was a slap in the face . I can't ignore it any more.

I have to find that extra little something inside myself to not binge eat any more this month. Despite the snow, despite my DH's low morale, I have to stop myself now before I see a climb back into the 140 lb. range.

Back to the weighing and counting and the plan that does work for me. No more excuses !

And I step on that scale every morning and write it down at the top of my food log until I'm down to 130 lbs.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I gained a bunch the last two weeks too. Notice I did not even weigh last week because 147 was getting old! I had a good weekend, but I now start another rough stressful week of work, with lots of late nights. I have to do well this week despite that. If I see 145 or 144 this Friday, I'll be a very happy camper.

Daylights saving is nice (longer days) but getting up at 6:30, which feels to my body like 5:30, sure does hurt.

have a good one, everybody!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #4  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

I am new... I started getting 'serious' last week with my weight loss goal... With bathing suit season around the corner, I succeeded in losing 1.5 lbs!

I've found this forum to be very helpful and motivating. I've also found some tips on breaking bad habits! Thank you everyone..
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I am DOWN! Well, not actually down, but I basicaly dropped the two pounds I gained in the last two weeks. I know that sounds like water weight, but my guess is that it's for real, because by eating at my normal calorie intake (with no "oops"es) but then exercising like CRAZY this weekend, I created a deficit of 4200 calories. Now, no more shenanigans - just normal, healthy eating and a good dose of cardio. Dagmar, we can get back on plan together!

Abby, that's exciting news about the laptop at such a great price! Now what you really need to do is get wi-fi so you can post from a treadmill

Claire, daylight savings hurt me a little bit. On Mondays I get up at 5 AM to head to the airport, so I always try to go to bed early on Sunday nights. This week, that was not happening! I finally went to sleep around midnight, and slept pretty poorly - just kept waking up. Hopefully today won't be a long day at work so I can get my exercise in and still get to bed at a reasonable time.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #6  
Tired of cold and rain...

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

No me gusta daylight savings time. It was so hard to wake up at 645 this morning. I literally could NOT open my eyes at first. They refused. I dunno. Anyway, I went grocery shopping yesterday (?) maybe day before, anyway, I bought (oops) two boxes of girl scout cookies. You know the ones with the peanut butter inside? (It gets worse.) Peanut butter is one of my weaknesses, big time. The worst part is that after I got home and put the groceries away I sat on the couch to watch 16 Candles on tv and ate a whole box of those fn cookies. They were oh so good, sinfully good. Emphasis on "sinful". Ok, I'll check back later! -JILLLLL
Jill Tha Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

It was not good this weekend. I did get a couple of good workouts in on the elliptical - and then proceeded to eat them away. I figure I ate about 700 cal in Chex mix alone. Arggh! And now daylight saving time has made it dark again when I wake up. I have so much trouble getting up and exercising when it is dark out. I am up 3 pounds and I am pretty sure its not water. Time to get serious. I need to start telling myself "Step away from the Snacks!!".

On the positive side I bought a stir fry pan this weekend. My family actually likes it. I will have to add more veggies for myself, but that easy enough. It is suppose to start warming up around here so maybe I can get out and walk the dog instead of standing in front of the frig.
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I'm up but I'm motivated. It's been hard to get back into the routine since my week in SLC. I've been walking more than running and that isn't helping. But tonight DH and I will start our evening walking again and I'm (once again) stopping the wine, so things will turn around for me.

This weekend, we were in Carlsbad for my DH's sister's wedding. It was small (just 10 of us) at the beach and it took only 10 minutes! This is her 3rd and his 2nd or 3rd marriage. We all went out to lunch afterward.

Has anyone heard of the Hash House Harriers? (Google it.) There was a group of them doing a pub crawl at the place we went for lunch. What a group! Hilarious. They were all dressed in costumes and when they left for the next pub, everyone was honking and waving to them. it looked like a fun group.

Okay, I'm jealous of Barbara being in Mexico. I need a real vacation!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

I was down 1# : this morning... I was shocked because I went to bed all bloated last night or this morning, 2AM I went to bed ... I feel fine and chipper this morning though ...

It's bright and beautifully sunny I may attempt a run in this snow, I'm not even sure how the sidewalks are but I'll attempt it and see how it goes... The way I look at it is that it'll just be a better workout because of the snow except I just won't break any speed records, but then again I never do....

NEXT........ (I feel bossy this week )
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #10  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, long time no see and hope you all are progressing towards your goals!

Anyways, I may have lost touch with 3FCs (starting from a move back in November), but haven't stopped on my working towards my goal; despite a little road bump during the holidays, I've managed to get back/stay on track and lost all my holiday weight and then a little more and officially in the 130s!

And a neat NSV -- I can wear Boys' Large... which generally means cheaper clothes, though the choices I have are significantly more limited. But geez, half the time mens' small (in the VERY rare occasions that size is carried) are too large for me!

Actually, I'm quite happy with where I am now and content with maintenance at current weight -- the 135 will be a long-term goal (if only for the bragging rights of dropping an even 50 pounds).

Even more exciting, I'm planning to run my first half marathon at the end of May. Yippee! The farthest I've ran so far is 10 miles -- so a little training is in order for the next two months.

Anyhow, hope the week (and beyond) go well for you all. Can't guarantee I will check in that regularly but I will swing by the forums from time to time

Last edited by AquaWarlock; 03-10-2008 at 02:12 PM.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #11  

Thumbs up So far so good

Hello All,

I promised myself I'd start posting more and it seems like alot of people had the same idea today. When I weighed myself this morning I was down 3 lbs. I am very happy and proud of myself for the past 2 weeks. I have really been working at it and is has paid off so far. Even though I have not posted much, I read your posts everyday and wanted to say Thank You! Without knowing it you have inspired me and kept me going. Now, with that said, I am having such a "hungry day" today. I just want to eat, I am trying to get it out of my mind. I do not want to undo what I've been doing. At least by posting it took me away from the kitchen. Thanks again!

We can do this

Amy
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #12  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Aqua, good luck with the half-marathon! I did my first in January, and had such a blast that I did another one in February. Prior to the half, the furthest I had run was 12 miles, so you are pretty close. Don't forget that even most full marathon training programs only have you training up to 20-22 miles, and then the rest is done on adrenaline. If you are at 10 miles, you are probably in great shape already. Good luck!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Aqua~I just posted a reply to you over in maintainers. Long time no see! Glad you're doing well! Good luck on the half mari--I'm still only attempting 5k races myself, but that is still a huge hurdle for me to have overcome.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I daylight savings time. I sleep late on workdays, rarely getting up before 8:30. I love having the extra daylight in the evenings. I just hate transitioning to it (although this year, with the time change between here and Mexico, I barely noticed it). I wish we would just stay on DST all year long.

alinnell--you can stop feeling jealous, I'm back from sunny Mexico. It's so sad to be home and back to my regular life; I could really get used to sleeping in, laying around the pool, spa treatments, and going out to dinner every night.

I'm still trying to figure out what the damage was from Mexico. Looks like around 4 lbs, maybe a little less (which seems hard to believe--that's almost 1 lb a day, but then again, I did consume a lot of margaritas , which are shockingly high in calories). Also trying to figure out if I care about losing it. I know I should, but even with the extra 4 lbs, I'm still feel like I'm thin enough to wear my tightest clothes. I guess maybe I'll give it a couple of weeks and see where I'm at. I did manage to get back on track faster than I thought--I originally thought I'd give myself until Monday because it's easier to get back on plan on a work day, but I ended up on plan for both Sat and Sun.

Aqua, welcome back! Good luck on the half marathon!

Marathon Mom

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 03-10-2008 at 04:02 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome back Warlock!!

I've been an hour late in my head all day today because of the time change ....

I've had a really good day... Jogged 5k this morning, had my parents over for supper and did a 1 hour Yoga tape tonight....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote