Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #1  

Default Newbie with questions...

Hello!

First I have to say that I am very glad to be here.

I am Wendy, 31 years old, 134 lbs today.

I really would like to lose around 10 lbs. It isn't the number, but how I look and feel that bothers me, but that isn't so easily measureable. So what is really holding me back is that I need a 'lifestyle change' because I have the willpower to lose it, but then I gain it back. You know how that goes.

What is holding me back is that I have a husband who just eats about half of what I do to stay thin, which is a pita, we have leftovers going bad left and right. Also, I have a 20 month old daughter who really doesn't want to eat anything. So here I am making things that kids like to eat (supposedly) and I'm the only one eating it all. Ugh! Not to mention I'm worried she isn't getting the nutrition she needs.

Soooo.....

I am somewhat interested in trying the Sonoma diet. Doesn't seem so much of a diet as just a change in eating. Seems reasonably healthy too. Just not sure if I should just buy the book, sign up on their website (kind of pricey imo) or just surf the net (and here) for recipes and do my best.

Thoughts? Anyone else out there doing this? What would you recommend?

All suggestions on my situation are appreciated!!!

Thank you!
tealpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't know anything about the Sonoma diet but have you checked out this thread??

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ht=sonoma+diet

Good luck!!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Here's a suggestion to cut down on leftovers: buy a cooking for two cookbook and make only 2 servings--then share your serving with your daughter. If you all eat together, that can be accomplished. Oftentimes kids want "grown up" food if you make it seem extra special.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #4  

I checked that thread out. Looks like they've stopped keeping track. Thank you for the suggestions.
tealpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Hi Wendy!

I think I read the book a long time ago. I believe I checked it out of the library. That's always my suggestion about books. They're expensive!

In the mean time ... come and join us in our weekly chatty thread. This weeks is here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133470

We may not know much about Sonoma but we're pretty good encouragers and we're glad you're here.

Editted to say ... we also talk about exercise in this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133249

Last edited by srmb60; 02-08-2008 at 06:07 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Hi Wendy and .... I haven't done Sonoma but it looks nice and healthy... Like Susan said join us on the weekly threads... See ya I gotta go to work ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

I can understand about the leftovers going bad... my husband is HORRIBLE about eating leftovers - even if it's something that I make that's one of his favorites... like lasagna or stuffed shells. The last time I said no more - I was sick of food going to waste. I put the leftovers in the fridge for 1 day - he had one opportunity - whatever was left after that next day was put into individual containers and frozen. I coulda smacked myself upside the head...duh! why didn't I think to do that before!

As for the 20 month old... there are ways you can make one meal for your family and tweak it a bit for each member. For example - I make broccoli for dinner - my daughter likes broccoli, but likes it even better with cheese on it... So I make it plain, she gets cheese. If your husband isn't eating carbs... he can put more veggies on his plate and skip the carbs, etc...

Good luck! You can do it!
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote