Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Default Workout/Weigh-in - February

new month !!! And my month is starting really well lost 7lbs in January from 159 to 152...

Workouts have been good and so has the food....

NEXT !!

Last edited by Ilene; 02-01-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I'm having a wonderful morning off. I'm excited about the start of a new month. Ilene's excitement is contagious too.

I've started a ticker for cardio. Dh and I are researching local gyms. It's looking good for February!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm excited about February, too, because I am finally going to be able to try to add running back into my exercise routine. If all goes well, by the end of February I'll be running outside again on Sundays (6 miles, if things go really well) and running intervals during the week. I am sure the lack of running is part of what is making it so hard for me to lose my holiday weight.

My first run will be this Sunday. My sad little goal is to run 1 mile at a 6 mph pace on the treadmill. I'm sure I can do it cardio-wise, the only question is whether or not my knee will hold out.

If I get back to running intervals, I'll be able to do that instead of the spinning class on Tuesdays with the really annoying instructor who always comments (sometimes to the whole class) about how much I am sweating!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
My first run will be this Sunday. My sad little goal is to run 1 mile at a 6 mph pace on the treadmill. I'm sure I can do it cardio-wise, the only question is whether or not my knee will hold out.
Oh my, don't go at it so fast for the first time, please you're not doing your knees any favour...You should start with the cto5k by running 1 minute and walking 1 minute... You'll advance faster than most beginners and in no time you'll be back to what you were before...

I
Quote:
If get back to running intervals, I'll be able to do that instead of the spinning class on Tuesdays with the really annoying instructor who always comments (sometimes to the whole class) about how much I am sweating!
OMG can I her in the head ... How rude is that?

Last edited by Ilene; 02-01-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Aren't you supposed to sweat?

Yesterday I got in a nice bit of walking. It was lovely last night. There was enough snow so that my hamstrings felt like it. And fluffy nice stuff was falling straight down ... beautiful!
And I did some light weights for upper body.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls!

Barb - geesh! How rude of the instructor. Doesn't she know that the more you sweat while working out, the more fit it means you are? When I coached field hockey, my girls would look like they had taken a dip in the pool after practice. I explained to them that sweating is the only way the body has to to cool itself, and if you are a heavy sweater, it means your body is cooling itself very effectively, hence you can work out harder and longer and you are fitter. Speaking of sweat, my husband and I teach high school, and he found a note on the floor in his room last week that opened, "Dear Sweaty..." Oh, how we all laughed at that!

Susan - I just read back and saw your post from a few days ago. I'm so glad you are back on track! Last year from Jan - March or so I lost about 8-9 lbs. In the fall and through the holidays I proceeded to gain every dang one of those pounds back! So, like others said, I feel your pain, and yes, I do think this will be a lifelong challenge. Some of us are probably more prone to falling off that horse from time to time (letting go, indulging, becoming complacent, becoming lazy), but we just have to dust off and jump back on the horse and get back in the race. It seems that several of us (you, me, Allison, Ilene, etc.) are in the process of doing that now. Thank goodness we have each other to go to for support. Unfortunately, our bodies do not naturally want to stay at our goal weight; rather we have to continue the healthy eating and lifestyle to stay there. We can do it!

Having said that, my weigh in yesterday said that I have not lost or gained this week. Considering this week is TOM, it's understandable, but I want to get back to the scale heading downward. I plan to tighten up my calories this week and continue to exercise. I want results next weigh in!!

Have a healthy weekend, girls!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

No change in weight for me this week... maybe next week

No workouts to speak of either. Other than walking my dogs. I think my lack of motivation to move is because I know that in 2 weeks, when I start stims for my IVF, I'll be restricted from exercise.... so I'm kinda like eh, why bother?
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #8  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I did a quick 5 mile run at an 8:40 pace, which was good. I have a 4 mile race tomorrow, and I'd really like to drop down to an 8:30 pace for that - we'll see.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Laura good luck in your race... I hope you make your PB pace...

Just back from a leg workout ... 45 mins...
Old 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Hi...I am back to the featherweights forum...I had moved to maintainers "temporarily" when my mileage got too high last summer and I never came back in october when I was supposed to. I also didnt maintain too well.

Lets see....January was pretty much a wash

February I will take today as my starting weight..132.4

Ran 7.33 today.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Ennay! I know you are welcome on the maintainers thread anytime, but we'll enjoy chatting with you here too. Maybe it will be a little more motivating for you to post here while you are trying to lose the last 5 lbs to get to goal. 5 lbs. seems like a hundred to me, so I know I'm in the right place... I will be psyched to hit 140 and then I'll start heading toward 135.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Oh no, its more than 5 lbs to goal. Its 5 lbs to where I was when I got derailed. Then another 5-7 to goal!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Hey ennay .... SOOO nice to see you here
Old 02-03-2008, 04:25 AM   #14  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

The spinning instructor isn't criticizing me for sweating. I think it's just a really misguided attempt at trying to be friendly. She annoys me in other ways as well. I keep hoping they'll replace her since the spin instructors seem to come and go quite a bit; there are other instructors that I like better but unfortunately their classes are at times that don't work for me.

Ilene, I was running 6 miles outdoors at a pace slightly faster than 6 mph and I was up to 9 mph on my intervals on the treadmill, so running 1 mile at 6 mph on the treadmill seems like a piece of cake. I wasn't even planning to count it as exercise. Now you've got me second guessing myself. I never did the C25K program, so I don't really know what's involved in it. I guess I'll just see how I feel tomorrow.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 02-03-2008 at 04:25 AM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

13.2 miles today!

back up to 133 but its not an official weigh in