Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I had a MUCH better day yesterday! About 1400 cals, not bad ones even.

It's snowing here, Dagmar, but nothing too exciting just yet.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #32  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Another pound down, finally!! I'm sorta doing the SlimFast Optima thing. They're not so bad, and make a really good "out-the-door" meal on my way to work in the evenings. Haha! And wow! Although I went back and forth a lot this month, I still ended up losing 5 pounds this first month of the year! How awesome is that???
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #33  

It is awesome! For some odd reason, I'm really excited about this being the start of a new month.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #34  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

BTW Susan (I just went back and read what I've missed this week), it is hard to come to grips with the whole "lifestyle change" thing. I worked so hard, a few years ago, to lose the 35 pounds that always hangs around after I have a baby (my 'baby' turned 4 in Oct), only to gain back more than half of it last year in a very depressing off YEAR. I've been trying to turn it around since October, and did great through the holidays, until my grandmother died on Christmas. I've been up and down a LOT this month (last week I weighed 152 a few times!), but overall, I must be doing something right. I still have my wine and pig out some, but it's not blowing it. You've come SOOOOOO far! There's no way you're going to go back now!

Last edited by midearthseeker; 02-01-2008 at 09:19 AM.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, you can do this!You have done so well so far. keep it up. I know from experience how tough those last few pounds are. Do not give up.Good wishes coming your way !!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #36  
Ilene the Bean

Eastern Ontario along the St. Lawrence River, it's another snow day which means I don't have to commute to my school but go to the school closest to me....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #37  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning ladies

Not much going on here. I am off today (well until midnight). I don't seem to feel much motivation today but I need to get up and kick myself in the butt (is that even possible?!!) (well this one is possible!). I guess if I sat around waiting to feel motivated I wouldn't get much done at all!

Susan- I don't really have any advice but just wanted to say you've done such an awesome job and even if you have small setbacks now and then (although I like your vodka and popcorn combo!) you will get right back with it. Good luck.

Dagmar-I have always heard that it's easier to lose than to maintain and I always thought it was so stupid until I had to try it and it's definitely true. I think a big part of that is realizing it's a forever way of life. I LOVED your line about making a decision every day not to regain. That is going to be my new mantra, thank you!

I've been in quite a bit of a sugar frenzy the past week or so. It is TOM for me but it's never seemed to be quite this bad. I've managed to keep it within my plan but that leaves less room for better foods

Ok, off to do something (besides lay around reading which actually doesn't sound that bad!). Talk to you guys later. Hope everyone has a great day and successful eating & exercising day.

Oh, one question. How much water do you guys actually drink every day? Or how much do you try to drink? And is it all mainly plain water or do you count other liquids?

Bye. Jane

Last edited by greatchoice; 02-01-2008 at 12:13 PM.
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jane~I've been on a sugar frenzy as well. Valentine candy hearts and a dozen huge oatmeal cookies (I had 8 of them). I feel icky.

Water: When I wake up I drink anywhere from 8-16 ounces (more when I run and often another 16 ounces after the run)
During the day, I drink 4-5 16 ounce bottles (I keep refilling it)
During dinner and afterward, I drink 3 32 ounce glasses (yes, I have to get up at least once during the night). That totals between 168 - 224 ounces (wow, that's 1.3 - 1.75 gallons!) per day. On weekends, if I run a lot of errands I may not drink as much and I get really tired in the afternoons--so a big glass of water often revives me.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Blizzard day

I cancelled the dog walks today except for one very round about thing which involved 5 dogs. Did my cat feeds early before this thing got going but it's definitely wild out there now. The dogs and I walked west on the boardwalk and the snow was howling into our backs. The poor dogs kept tucking their tails into their butts as the snow was blowing in there. OUCH!

Not looking forward to going out again tonite to start the dog sit but the girls are sweeties and I know I'll enjoy thier company as we dig out tomorrow. Am working every day for the next 3 weeks straight so I'll see how much I can keep OP and how much I can post.

If someone could start the weekly thread for a couple of weeks I would much appreciate it.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #40  
Ilene the Bean

Water: I try to drink the recommended 8-8oz glasses... Lately I've been drinking cranwater, which is a mix of 1 cup Knudsen pure cranberry juice mixed with 1 liter of water... I like it plus it tastes really good once you get used to it... Alison, I get up most nights too... the other night I was up 5 times I had drank almost a litre of cranwater during the evening and boy oh boy did I know it...DH even noticed I got up very often

Last edited by Ilene; 02-01-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #41  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Oh Susan, you're not fat! It's okay to take a week off once in a while. So you gain a few lbs--you lost 'em once, you can lose 'em again. We're all in the same boat, very few people can be perfectly on plan all the time. And I'm convinced those that are just aren't that into food. But I do understand what you mean about choosing to be the weight that you are. You've shown lots of discipline and smart decisions in the past; I'm sure you'll get back on track.

Jane: My deal with myself is that I have to drink 12 oz of liquid with every meal and snack, except breakfast (where instead I have an 8-oz cup of coffee midway through the morning) and my after dinner snack (with which I just have 8 oz of hot tea). Usually with lunch I have 12 oz of straight water, but with all the other meals/snacks I have a flavored beverage. Right now it is mostly hot tea with sweetener; when it is warmer it is usually Crystal Light or some sort of no-calorie flavored beverage (but not diet soda or anything carbonated). So that's about 64 oz of fluid per day. I'm almost never thirsty; I could easily go all day on a cup of coffee.

Cooking Light ran an interesting article in their July 2007 issue on how much water people need; a sidebar that isn't in the online version showed that we actually get a lot of water from foods and that you don't necessarily need to drink an excessive amount of water or need to drink straight water to be properly hydrated. They showed a diet that included close to 100 oz of water, but only half that was from beverages and only half the beverages were straight water.

Scenestealer: I have so been there with the knowing something is bad and just not caring. And I've had those Doubletree cookies before--they're dangerous (expecially if they are fresh from the cookie warmer)! I think three cookies counts as restraint!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #42  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Ilene, great idea to mix water with juice! Gives you a little bit of flavor, but not tons of sugar. I've also mixed juice with plain seltzer, so it's kind of like REALLY low cal and healthy soda! (I don't touch artificial sweeteners, so basically soda is out for me otherwise)
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #43  

Oh Barbara ... I know I'm not fat but I really really really like being slimmer than this

And so it shall be ... Make is so numba one.

Good again yesterday. 1300 cals or so.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Oops... just posted on the workout thread, but I don't believe I even mentioned working out.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Susan~ain't it the truth! I'm not fat either. I'm just under the middle of my BMI. I fit into size 6. I have some excess flub around my middle and some icky stuff on my butt, but in clothes I look great (just don't say bathing suit). I get compliments. BUT I know what I look like 10 to 15 pounds less than this and THAT IS WHAT I WANT.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote