Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for Jan 21. - Jan. 27

Good Morning!

Welcome to a new week. Is everyone still committed to their new year's diet/exercise plans? How are you coping with the cold weather (those of us who have winter)?

Have a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:48 AM   #2  

Talking We Found My Car!!!

And the best part is that DH and I were out exercising together when we found it .

I take him out for an hour/2 hour walk on the weekends. His reward is tea and a cookie (he refers to himself as my "biggest dog" ).

We were heading up to Starbucks from the boardwalk and there was my car, 4 blocks from where it was stolen. My wallet and the change thingee from the dash (ripped right out) are gone but

I HAVE MY BABY BACK!!

I literally jumped up and down on the sidewalk and kissed/hugged the car and DH :.

The police are dusting the car for prints at impound and then I get it back. I'll have to get the locks changed but that's a small price to pay in comparison to having to finance a new car.

Now I can get back to the business of losing weight rather than maintaining. I'm still at 133.

Have a terrific week everyone!!!

Dagmar
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

We had our car stolen once. Not fun!

Have I got some vacation repair work to do! Between the holidays and our vacation ... I'm not sure what I weigh but I only had one pair of pants to chose from for church yesterday. Ick ... fluffy!
It wouldn't hurt for me to walk to the grocery store about six times today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

That's great news Dagmar!! Amazing! I'm so happy for you.

Things are good with me - today anyway. I had a friend over for the weekend and the diet derailed quite a bit. But since I'm 3 weeks into my exercise plan and have done extremely well, I decided to sit down and add on a nutrition component to my plan. I think I've realized that charts and visuals help me to follow a plan. So now right beside my activity plan chart is a new chart that has a few guidelines (like amount of water, # of veggie servings, # of protein servings, caloric range, breakfast, stopping eating with enough time before bed, no alcohol).. rewards are made accordingly. I also went out and got a whiteboard last night that I will use every day to write my menu on so I can use that as a guide. Because I am an organizational crazy person, this makes it fun for me. I think it will be a lot better than just winging it. I am not sure if I will weigh myself tonight because I'm certain I've gained weight rather than lose and I dont want to get discouraged.

I'm off to work. Have a good day everyone.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

Dagmar!! That's fantastic news!! Can't believe you found it yourself,,,, wow!
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 149/ticker/120

Oh good grief. They raised the newbie signature minimum posts to 30. 2 more posts after this one to get my siggie back

Dagmar - I walked both my pups at the same time on their Halti's yesterday Next we're going to try my husband walking one and myself walking the other. We haven't been able to do this too well as they go nuts. It's been a month or two since I've been able to walk them together!! They're over 60lbs each now and that puppy power when they were out together was insane!

You have no idea how excited I am about these! I was so proud of them walking like good, not-so-little pups yesterday!

Susan - vacation is always worth a bit of fluffiness IMO

Bikini - I love your wipe board idea!
Tamsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar - Woohoo!!!! You got your car AND hubby is walking with you!! Great weekend for you!

Wow, Bikini - I'm very impressed with your system. I know it wouldn't work for me (well, maybe for 1-2 days), but it sounds like a great motivational tool for you!

Susan - welcome back! We've missed you! Where was vacation? I agree with Tamsie... a vacation is worth a little bit of fluff. I'm sure you're ready to get back on track now.

Tamsie - I'd love to have a recumbent. Enjoy your cardio, but don't overdue it either. Don't worry about me overdoing it. I think I'm so out of shape now that overdoing it would be impossible and out of the question

Let's have a great week, girls. I for one have GOT to see some downward movement on my ticker!! p.s. Tamsie - I didn't know you had to have 30 posts... post away!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

We have friends who have a little farm in Alabama. It is delightfully relaxed! Warm enough for shirt sleeves. I slept a lot!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #9  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Dagmar, so happy to hear about your car! One less thing to worry about now. I know you've been having a tough time lately, so hopefully things will start looking up!

Bikini, I totally agree about having a plan. I log everything into DailyPlate as soon as possible after eating it, and it really helps me when I do that rather than save it all up and log it at once, because if I do it constantly I find myself adjusting what I'm eating based on my current counts. I also like the run/walk challenge thread in the exercise forum, because it makes me want to do more just to keep posting and get my numbers up there!

I'm still in Boston till tomorrow, but my friend is STILL sleeping, so I'm going to do some abs work before he can get up and see me and I can get embarrassed Then lots and lots of working out tomorrow to make up for not doing much today/yesterday. The good news is, even without working out yesterday, I only ate 50 cals above my goal for the day - not too bad, especially since we were drinking while watching the football game! We grabbed chips and dip at the store, but I also picked up a bag of baby carrots and really tried to eat those at least half the time, and it worked.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:50 PM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

and Dagmar... finding your own car, what a fluke!!

Laura -- Good for you for munching on carrots instead of chippies ...

It's almost time for me to go home... I look forward to my 50 minute commute some days because I get to eat my carrots and celery that I am starving for right now... I'd eat my left arm right now if that were a possibility ...

Back later
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Well, despite being perfectly on plan with eating and exercise since Jan 2 and having dropped my calories down to 1200 a day, I'm still not losing any weight and am feeling pretty frustrated about it this morning. At 1200 calories a day, I'm pretty much hungry all the time--I never feel like I've gotten enough to eat, so the fact that I'm not losing any weight is very discouraging. I really hope to see some progress by the end of the week.

I did make a big pot of soup with turkey sausage and lots winter veggies (turnips, kohlrabi, parsnips, carrots, and brussels sprouts) on Sunday. It's five very large servings, each at only 260 calories, so I have some nice low calorie lunches to keep me on track this week.

Dagmar: That's awesome about your car! It sounds like it is still in pretty good shape, too. When we got my SO's car back after it was stolen, it was a mess. They stripped it of everything that wasn't nailed down, including the tires (they had replaced them with some crappy tires) and we think they had been off-roading with it because it was so filthy. He had to have it detailed.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I had a nice post going and the site started having problems....

Dagmar~I'm so glad you got your car back. I hope you don't have too much difficulty with having had your wallet stolen.

Ilene & Dagmar~I agree that not drinking really helps me to lose weight. Not so much because of snacking, but just losing those empty calories.

Barbara~Soup has been my friend lately. I made a really good soup with turkey Italian sausage, tomatoes, spinach and a bunch of other things the other day. It was so good! I'm making it again this week with some minor variations (adding kidney beans for one).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Just got back from gym... didn't do a ton, but it was first time there since October!!!! So, yes, I'm excited to be back in the swing of things. My friend and I walked for 30 and lifted for 30.

Eating is OP so far. I got back into fitday this weekend, so now I have accountability.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Way to get back in there, Claire

Dagmar, how crazy is it that you found your own car . It sounds like it's not in to bad of shape, so this is some good news!

Welcome back Susan and hello to all I missed.

Well I gained a pound last week, but I managed not to gain anymore over the weekend. That counts for something, ehh . I'll work a little harder this week. I would at least like to lose 4 lbs. this month. I need to get that weight moving in a different direction.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:45 AM   #15  

Question Men are from Mars

My DH committed to "getting in shape" during the next three months. Told me this in all sincerity while eating a bag of chocolate chunk cookies I think that gives me permission to nag him about snacking now although I caved and had three of those same cookies .

Dagmar