Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Dec. 17 - 23

Good Morning all!

How are we all doing the week before Christmas? Stressed out ? Serene? Snowbound? What is your plan for the holidays? Losing, maintaining, or just throwing up your hands and digging in to the goodies ?

Have a great week everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #2  

Smile Think I'm maintaining

Good morning Feathers!

I'm snowbound today . Took a day off - the first this year since I fractured my wrist back last January. I do take vacations but never mental health/sick days . Already have most of the day planned - stuff I never get around to doing 'cause I'm too beat at the end of the day and weekends are a blur of errands usually.

I am walking one dog because she lives two blocks away and she's one of my old sweeties. She and I never get to be "just us two" so this will be a treat for both of us.

I am going to leave my signature tag line (even though it's doubtful I'll make the goal ) as an incentive to maintain within reach of the goal.

I cooked three meals yesterday. Can't remember when I last did that . Will do the same today. Low cal and lots of veggies. Soup and salad for lunch probably. Nice. Relaxed. Just what I need after the last two weeks and before the dog sit starts.

Dagmar (from sereneville)
Old 12-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #3  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Snowbound also. Just want to be indoors and warm.

Yogurt for breakfast, don't know yet for the rest of the day.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Snowbound here too... but it's a clear sunny bright day but very cold *brrrrr* ... My plan is to maintain during the holidays anything but GAIN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

No snow here. Lots of sun, but the temperatures are a good 20 degrees lower than usual.

I made turkey stock yesterday and have it chilling so I can scrape off the fat and make homemade turkey soup for dinner tomorrow night. I can't wait! Tonight will be grilled chicken with steamed vegetables.

My house is partially painted. I don't know when the painters will be back to do the bedrooms and bathrooms, but at least the kitchen, family room and living rooms are done and look so much better. My SIL arrives on Friday for the holiday (and thankfully my housekeepers come Thursday!).

I got in a good walk with DH yesterday. He was able to keep up with me and my fast pace--he usually likes to stroll! I think it was the cold--he just wanted to get home and have coffee!

Have a great week everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #6  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I forgot to weigh in this morning, so I'll do it tomorrow instead. I also skipped the gym yesterday so this gives me another chance for a "last chance workout" tonight

I got a new PDA from work today - the Sprint Touch. It's kind of like an iPhone in that it's all touch-controlled, and there's no physical keyboard. I have a feeling tonight's "workout time" may become "play with the new gadget" time. However, if I can figure out how to put movies on it, I can watch them on the treadmill!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Big change in the weather here overnight. They opened the roads sometime in the evening. DH drove me to work this morning. This afternoon the roads are bare, the sun is shining ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #8  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Hello!

Not much going on today. Went to the gym at 8 this morning then I had to stop in (unexpectedly) at the Toyota dealer to check a leak. They were great though and only took about an hour. Then I had to rush around doing a few things I had planned to do this morning before work. I ran in to Mervyns (which was packed ) but couldn't find what I was looking for so I didn't do any looking around; then to Barnes & Noble where I did find what i was looking for

I have to go to work at 2:30 but I get off early tonight (because I have to turn around and go back in for an early morning meeting). Then I work 6 hours on Wednesday, then I'm off for FIVE days I go back to work on Christmas but not until 2:30 in the afternoon so I'm good with that.

I'm with Allison here, no snow! I've become such a weather wimp since I've lived here (but it has been 27 years!). People here just go all to pieces when it just rains!

I'm with alot of you too. I just want to at least maintain during the holidays Good luck to everyone. Talk to you later. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #9  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I have been just miserable sick since last Thursday. But today I see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and have hopes that I'll be feeling better tomorrow and almost normal on Wednesday, when I have to get on a plane to Chicago. The good news is that, since I am going to Chicago on Wednesday, I had to get all my Christmas stuff done early, so I didn't have be out shopping this weekend. I could just sit on the sofa and wallow in my head cold.

Of course, the bad news is that I haven't exercised since Wednesday. I had one session with my trainer schedule during the two weeks from Dec 7 to Dec 24 and I had to cancel it! I hate it when that happens!

Since I'm not exercising, I thought it would be a good time to cut my calories back to 1300 and see if I couldn't lose some weight from the previous week of being off plan. So far, no change on the scale, but I guess I can't really expect it since I've only been at this calorie level since Thursday.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #10  

Unhappy BAD photo!

I put on my Christmas stuff this morning and thought I looked just fine in the mirror.

Had DH take a couple of pics and they looked OK in the teeny tiny camera viewer. Printed one off to post here and . . .

Holy Cow! Who is the fat bald chick? AIIGHH! And I can't figure out how to scan it into my computer. The instructions that came with the printer are scanty and I really don't know what I'm doing. Have a meeting tonite but will try to enlist DH's help a bit tomorrow.

Maybe next year?

Dagmar
Old 12-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I am struggling just to maintain until Jan, when I will (I swear) get back on track! No snow here in Virginia, but it sure has been cold - by that I mean mid 40s today, which is quite blustery for us. I really don't know how you Canadians survive the frigid snowy winters. I think I would have a serious case of SAD.

Barbara - sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Take care of yourself, so you can enjoy Chicago!

Dagmar - we gotta see the pics! I'm sure Allison or someone can help you with posting (not me though, sorry). I bet you're looking good :-)

Ok gals, hang in there... only about 2 more weeks of holiday food to endure.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:57 PM   #12  

Default Great numbers Claire

It's going down, down, down for you! Good work! You've just inspired me to try to lose a bit before the actual 24th and 25th treat fest. I think i may sweat out several lbs. the rest of this week. Walked just the one dog today and I was dripping by the time I finished.

The full 20 are on tomorrow. I think the walking won't be so bad but parking will be a nightmare.

No consolation cookies tomorrow night though - my photo will remind me!

Dagmar
Old 12-17-2007, 11:16 PM   #13  
Redhead22296

S/C/G: 160/145/135

Height: 5'2ish

I am working to try and be in the 140's by the New Year (149 sounds good!!!).

There's no snow here. We are in a valley, but the mountains are snow topped - which is beautiful. About 45 degrees outside today - not bad!!! I grew up in Detroit and the snow-storms are still fresh in my mind. I get that bone chilling cold just thinking about it!!

Have a great night all!
Redhead22296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:55 AM   #14  

Exclamation We think we got troubles

This is a little off topic.

I just got an email that left me speechless. Going out in the snow today seems so easy in comparison to what this couple now faces.

They are acquaintances of ours that we haven't heard from in ages. They had one very premature child (delivered at 7 months along in the pregnancy)about 3 years ago. Now they have had a set of twins that are even more premature. WOW!

I will remind myself of this when I feel sorry for myself tonite. Today and the rest of the winter will be physically hard but it will end. I have a pretty good life (even if the City is trying to ruin my business )

Dagmar
Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good thought to start the morning Dagmar!

I moan and groan about being tired but ... I have a job, a good job. My family is healthy, happy, warm and fed. Life is good.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote