Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning & Chat Dec 10-16

Oh good morning featherweights!

Dagmar must be busy so I'll pitch in. What's happening this week?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #2  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Seems to be pretty quiet around here lately - almost no posts yesterday either.

I weighed in this morning and... was up a pound. I refuse to update my ticker until tomorrow though, because I ate a lot of salt yesterday (close to 100% of my RDA, which is not typical for me), so maybe I'll be down a bit tomorrow. By down I just mean maintaining, but hey, that's better than gaining.

I ran 8.26 miles yesterday as part of a virtual run I saw on one of the fitness blogs I read (8 on the 8th). It was the first time I had run that far in a VERY long time, and I'm definitely pretty sore. However, I was hoping that running that far would negate the drinking I did on Saturday that put me way over my cals for the day. No dice But it's another week, and another chance to try to get on track. Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm here....so busy! I got most of my Christmas shopping done yesterday, got the tree up and decorated (thanks to my in-laws) and now have to wrap presents tonight and get things ready to ship out. I have 2 birthday presents to buy first (I have 11 birthdays right around Christmas!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face Everyone is busy

And so am I. Helping find a home for a dog, attempting to return someone's wallet the young labs found in the park today, and Hey! isn't it almost Christmas?

I did not get on the scale this morning. 3 Cookie BINGES! Too scary to contemplate what that did to my weight. Try to lose some of that this week as the cookies are now over at my dad's - he thinks DH and I are very, very "undisciplined". Oh YEAH baby !

I am still planning on putting on the Christmas gear Sunday morning and getting DH to take a photo. Will then try to get it online @ 3FC. Probably will NOT be a "profile" shot - big belly right now .

Ho, ho, ho!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #5  

Wink Holidays suck!

I'm back up to 133. I know I can lose it again blah, blah, blah but it's depressing just the same .

If you are a traditionalist please don't be offended by the following - it's meant to be funny in a bitter, dark, FAT way

T'was the night before Christmas
And all through the house
There were treats everywhere
To put in our mouths
The stockings were hung
By the chimney with care
In hopes that St. Cinnabon (best ever cinnamon buns)
Soon would be there.
We were all restless
Tight in our clothes
This is a dieter's nightmare
This Christmas thing blows!

There, I feel better already

Dagmar (the cookie monster )
Old 12-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #6  

Good morning!

Yup, that's funny Dagmar.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, dieting this time of year is HARD! I really think a lot of it is the weather rather than the treats. I'm still really good about staying away from the treats, but salads just don't have any appeal when it's cold outside. I'm up, too. Don't even think my ticker is right. I'm just about ready to get rid of that darn thing all together!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #8  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Seems like we're all up! I weighed again this morning and was still up, so...

However, I found this fantastic recipe for chicken curry and dal that is... wait for... a little over 200 cals total!!! I made it last night and used chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken and margarine instead of butter. Also, I cut the recipe in half because I was hoping to make 2 servings instead of 4, but after I started eating, I realized it was still WAY too much to be 2 servings. I ate half, put the rest of that portion away for lunch today, and divided what was left in the pot into two more servings. So basically - the whole recipe actually makes 8 servings, not 4-6. The good thing was, even with the smaller portions, I was so full after dinner that I didn't even treat myself to the froyo I had been planning on having! Will definitely make this often.

Tonight is The Biggest Loser on TV (one week before the season finale!). I usually head down to the elliptical and get a great workout in while watching. Hopefully tonight will be inspiring
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #9  

Question Froyo? And some ramblin' bout dogs

Laura I'm guessing frozen yogurt?

I'm cat sitting tonite so will check out the Biggest Loser while snuggling on the couch with the kitties. They all could use a couple of turns on the elliptical - all three are extra large size felines

Have to say goodbye to one of "my" dogs next week - Nacho the big golden retriever. He's always been overweight and now his legs are giving out. He can't step in and out of my Toyota (clearance of about 5" from the ground) or walk even slowly with the group any more.

But the new little cutie - Emmie - is a sweetie. I seem to always get these things in cycles. Some of the seniors pass away or just can't come out any more and then suddenly there are a bunch of puppies. I have about 4 more seniors who are at the 10-12 year old mark.

Hoping the diet and the Bowflex in the spring will give me the strength to deal with another generation of pups. Give me pugs people, give me pugs! But I know I will end up with even more labs (I take out 13 now).

Off to the cat sit!

Dagmar
Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #10  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Hello! Well, I haven't posted in forever, since October I think? I do still read usually once a week but I really think it helps to be accountable coming here every day. I'm going to try to do that.

I am still the SAME weight. It never changes (and I know thats a good thing that it doesn't go up either). I wanted to get down to 125 then I changed it to 130 and I am just stalled at 133 (and I'm short!). Oh well, I still feel so much better than when I weighed 168!

Not much else new with me. I am still working swings and I can't decide if I like it! It doesn't seem to give me much time to do anything but eat, sleep and work out. No matter because in January we change shifts again and I go back to nights which I really prefer anyway.

My youngest son has applied for colleges. He'll be my last to go I won't know how to act! That will leave me more time for working out! (even though we barely ever seem him now anyway!).

Ok, talk to you all later. Hope everyone is doing well.

Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Hi gang, Hi Jane welcome back ,

I haven't posted in forever either and I've been bad, gained 6-8 lbs, depending on the day, since September ... I'm up to 154 Jane so don't feel so badly about your 133, 135 is my goal weight ... I'm also 5'3'' ....

Anyways, I'm going to really try to be more accountable even with the Holidays coming up so fast ....

Mudpie, with all that dog walking, I often wonder why you would need MORE cardio ? ....

Scenestealer -- That recipe sounds delish!

alinnell -- I agree, I think the weather has a LOT to do with eating the right things... Vegetable soups help me a LOT when I don't feel like salad...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/104/103

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello fellow featherweights!

I`m new to your group and was invited to come and post over in this thread. I spent most of the afternoon sitting on my living room floor, wrapping my grandson`s Christmas presents. Talk about tiring!

I did wake up to a nice surprise on the scale this morning. I dropped 1.5 pounds (.5 a few days back, also), for a total of 2 pounds this week. Yay! It has been quite a few weeks since the scale has moved downward, so I`m happy to be seeing some action again.

Oh, and thanks for mentioning the Biggest Loser..I totally forgot it was on tonight!
Going4Lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to Shelly,

Ok, I am here too and need to be here more. My weight is up so much, it's pretty embarrassing, but I need to do something to get back on track. I have been feeling blah - icky, tired, run down, coldish, etc. since...oh, probably since around my trip to San Fran the end of October. My weight was great then... by great I mean under 140. Anyway, I have virtually stopped exercising (no motivation/energy), and my weight has shot up. I was at the doctor yesterday and weighed in at 144! I know I need to change my weight on ticker/signature too. I have a 3.1 centimeter ovarian cyst. I only met with the PA yesterday, but I go back next wednesday for another ultrasound and consult with the doctor. Maybe I should make a goal to be under 144 (even 143.5) by my appt. next week? Yeah, I think that would be good. The holiday food, busyness, and just my general laziness are wreaking havoc on my weight/fitness.

Sorry to hear everyone else is struggling with the holiday food. Good luck with managing the rest of the week. I hope I snap out of my funk soon.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #14  

Welcome Shelly and hi everybody.

The days are filling up and speeding by, yes? We have our kids home on Saturday and by golly it's already almost Wednesday! I don't think I even have any wrapping paper.

Yesterday I bought a bowl of soup in the cafeteria and today I put my tuna back in my bag and had lasagna. Warm food just feels better.

I'm not making any squares or cookies until Friday. We have a dinner party that evening and then the kids can eat them the next day. And I'm not making very many. They'd better just eat them all in one day.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 AM   #15  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

My eating has been horrible since last Friday. For me, it's definitely the treats and not the weather. I've had day after day of all-day business events (even on Saturday) and the food has been terrible in terms of nutrition (it tasted great though). I have no idea what it's done to my weight because I am retaining so much water, but it can't be good. I should be able to get back on plan on Thursday, and then will hopefully be able to stay on plan until Dec 19, when I leave for Chicago, which I already know will be a food disaster. Clearly I am going to have some weight to lose in January.

Even more depressing is that I went to see my doctor about my knee, which hasn't recovered from when I injured it back in early October, and she basically she told me I can't run until it gets better. No stairs or jumping either, and it's freezing cold which makes swimming really unappealing, so it's been a struggle to find cardio exercise to do in place of the running. It's also the perfect time of year to run--I waited all summer for this--and I'm missing it. By the time my knee is recovered, it will be raining. I've been doing spinning, which works but it's such drudgery. My doctor gave me a bunch of leg exercises to do, but they are so laughably easy that I can't believe they are helping.

Mudpie: Since you mentioned last week that you like gingerbread, I thought I would point out that Cooking Light has a number of low calorie gingerbread recipes. My favorite is Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (I skip the lemon curd).

Scenestealer: That chicken curry and dal recipe sounds great. Did you clarify the margarine (is it even possible to clarify margarine) or skip that step? That always seems like such a hassle to me. Also, it looks like the dal is a separate recipe--did both recipes combined come to only 200 calories? I love Indian food so I'm definitely going to try this.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote