Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh, that's too bad, Laura! I was too late in to get a goodie bag, but they handed out the t-shirts at the beginning, so I was okay there. I do wish I hadn't put the t-shirt on, though--I got too hot! Last year I did another 5k where we could register a day or so in advance and they gave out the t-shirts and goodie bags early. I'm sure they did that to ease confusion on race day.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I got paid. I might even get mileage!

Nasty blowing snow here, just since I got home. Hmmm ... I guess that's all the weird reprieve we're getting. Winter's coming.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Wow. Snow! We had a few wintry days last week, but yesterday and today were back up to 70 here in Va. All we need is about 3 inches to get a snow day and a day off work... I'm sure the Canadians will find that funny!

My pedometer is an Accusplit Eagle. I got it for under $15 on ebay... that's probably close to what it retails for. It's simple, yet it has lots of features if you want them. Best of all, it doesn't jiggle or click on my hip like my old one did. No one can "hear" that I'm wearing it. I worked late and did not get a walk in - I'm only at 7257 so far today. Not good.

Allison - we can have a get back on track after T-day week. I vow to work out 3x minimum between now and Sunday. I did to work on the food part too
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #19  

I had about 3 inches of fluffy stuff on my car. Not bad, easy to get off. The plows are out and ... I guess ... that's about normal here.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #20  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

So here i am feeling better about me than i have in a long time. It's amazing how the outside appearance affects how i feel on the inside. Whoda thought it? Threw away all the black clothing i have been hiding in, and am actually wearing pinks and sherberts for the first time ever. Takes some getting used to, but i'll get there.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy scattered and shattered this week

I'm bouncing up and down this week. Holiday stress. Home stress. Christmas stress. Overeating one night, dieting the next.

A real sense of joy yesterday at the arrival of a new lab puppy. I was singing and dancing around my kitchen and went plushie toy shopping. Will meet the little one today.

But then last night, about half an hour before DH was due home I ripped open the Christmas shortbread and ate waay too much of it . Reaction to being so tired I could barely move? Or sadness that DH wil enjoy not one moment of this coming holiday season and so will make me miserable too?

Back on the diet wagon today.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #22  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I've been eating very very little this week, and it's not even intentional - I'm just craving low calorie foods and not really having a big appetite. Yesterday and Tuesday, my calories came in right around 1000 - and that was before exercise! On Tuesday, I had some chips to try to make up for it (not the healthiest choice, I know, but I really wasn't hungry so the only way to entice myself to eat was with something special). Yesterday, I just left it alone. Now, tonight I have an important client coming into town and I'm going to be eating all my meals out tonight/tomorrow (and probably drinking a lot too), so I figured it would make up for the calories. However, if this lack of appetite continues, I'm going to be in trouble next week when I don't have any big meals planned that will balance it out.

It's basically a combination of a lack of appetite (I get full faster) and that I am loving healthy foods. Last night, for example, I made breaded salmon for dinner, but the idea of frying it, even in olive oil, grossed me out - so I baked it. I had it with 1/2 cup of brown rice, and was stuffed. But overall it was only about 500 cals, which isn't really that much when my breakfast tends to be about 250 (whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, low-sugar jam, and 1/2 banana) and my lunch around 250 (I usually make broth-based soups with tons of veggies). I was planning to also have a salad with dinner, but I was way too full (and a salad wouldn't really have pushed my calories up anyway). I realize this seems like a trivial problem to complain about, but I know it's bad to get too few calories as well. However, I'm reluctant to just go back to cooking in a non-healthy way because... well, that's just silly.

Anyone else ever have any problems like this?
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, I see you have one pound to go Good job!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #24  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I do not miss snow at all! Not even snow days--I work from home, so I'd never get one even if it did snow. Things would have to be pretty bad for it to be snowing so much I couldn't make it down the hall.

I'm still doing 1500 calories this week and so far so good, even with being over on T-Day. I was even down a little on Mon and Tues, but I've had a couple of off-plan meals since then and am retaining water as a result, so I'm not sure where I am right now. The extra 100 or so calories are definitely helping in terms of hunger but I still have periods where it's a problem. Yesterday I was shaking by the time lunch rolled around. So if my weight stays down, I think I might even add another 100 calories. Wow! 1600 calories would be a lot of food.

SusanB: Sounds like that seminar was a drag. I hate stuff like that. But it's probably good that they didn't serve snacks because if they did, it probably would have been all sugary and carby stuff like pastries. I go to a lot of business functions where they do serve snacks and they are always terrible.

Scenestealer: I never have trouble getting my calories in for the day. Even when I'm sick, I don't lose my appetite. And I have lots of healthy choices that are higher in calories if I am low for the day. I have a variety of snacks that I eat and when my meals are low for the day, I just eat the snacks that are a little higher in calories. An easy thing to eat to add calories to your diet is nuts. A handful is close to 200 calories and the fat in them is good for you. Almonds are an especially healthy choice (they are considered a super food). Or have a slice of bread with peanut butter on it. Another easy choice to add calories is cheese--again, a small amount of even low fat cheese has a lot of calories and the dairy and protein in it is good for you. Or a piece of fruit--one small apple or banana is 100 calories. If you want a treat, take a whole wheat wrap, spread it with 1 to 2 tbsp peanut butter, wrap it around a banana, and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes. That will add 300 to 400 calories to your day and it's pretty tasty (way better than chips, in my opinion).

Mudpie: Thanks for the last week. I've been thinking about trying see a therapist about my relationship for a while now but come January I am definitely going to do it. I really need some help figuring out whether I want to try to work on the relationship or just get out of it. My sister saw a therapist recently because she was feeling really stressed and unhappy and she said it really helped her pinpoint the problem (her job) and figure out what she wanted to do about it. So I have high hopes. I hope that you are able to enjoy the holidays in spite of your DH. Maybe you could go away for a while? I am going home to Chicago to see my family and cannot wait to get away. They always want me to bring my SO and I never do because I really just need to get away from him for a while (part of our problem is that he almost never leaves the house unless I am with him).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I haven't been on here in a while. I am back in school. I decided to take LMEOA so far I am enjoying it even though I have only been in school since October 1st. I can't tremeber what my last weight was that I posted but I got down to 120 now I back up to 130 since starting school. Also my ex and I were having a bit of a disagreement I started shoveling food in but I opted to start smoking after 11yrs in. i plan on stoping that also. I have been mostly on track with working out I am still doing it just not as consistent as I was. On top of all that I am in a new relationship that so far is good.

For those who remeber my sister was expecting.....well we found out ahe is having a boy the end of January. I am sooooooooo excitted.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #26  

Thumbs up In command of the canines

I think my job and my diet performance are definitely related .

When I am in command of the dogs I tend to do better with the diet. Finally got back the alpha dog position today, mostly by keeping all potential troublemakers on the leash.

And I know I will be in control of my eating this evening, partially to make up for the last two evenings and to try to undo the damage before the Monday weigh in . I was too chicken to get on the scale this morning, and it would have demoralized me enough to still not get control of the dogs back .

The new puppy is a little black monkey. Her "mom" bought her a bright red coat today so she will be the best dressed one of the bunch (myself included - photo in Dec.) on Monday when she makes her debut with the "pack".

For any of you lab owners out there I now walk 13 of 'em every day. No other upper body exercise required.

Dagmar
Old 12-01-2007, 05:16 AM   #27  

Good morning!

Draggy week gals. I have been working out a little almost every day but eating has been not good. Tired doesn't equal good eating ... no no no. And I'm hovering over that little number over there <<<<

We went to our little Christmas parade last night. We walked and walked to keep warm. Holy it was cold!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #28  

Unhappy I'm losing control.

SusanB You've sumed up my week. "Tired doesn't equal good eating - no, no, no".

I have been at the cookies in the worst way for 3 nights running. Last night DH brought home a giant box of "luxury" cookies and we ate almost the whole thing while watching a movie. The stupidest part is that I asked him to bring me a fruit salad and he did. But it had gone off and I couldn't eat it.

I dread to think what the scale is going to say on Monday. And of course I was within 1 lb. of goal and shot myself in the foot. My Christmas outfit is already a bit tight due to the bulging stomach I now have.

I keep trying to bring myself out of this stressed/depressed state but nothing is working. I feel so sick and tired and there's so much to do before my Christmas sleep-over starts. I just want to get into bed and pull the covers over my head until it's all over.

Dagmar