Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question Home gym thingees

Do any of you have a home weight machine? Not a bench for free weights (I'm too klutzy for those) but something like a Soloflex (I think is the brand).

Any comments/critiques/recommendations for that kind of equipment would be much appreciated.

Dagmar ( it's raining again)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #2  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I don't own one, but at my college apartment, there was a teeny tiny gym in the building, and it had two BowFlex machines. I really loved them - you could work out just about any body part and it was pretty easy to change from one weight to another. Unfortunately, I don't know the model, but eventually when I grow up and move out of Manhattan into a real house with some room, I'd definitely look into a BowFlex for myself.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:23 AM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I have a Body Solid multi-station unit. We bought it 5 years ago. We still love it! It doesn't take up that much space so we have it right in our bedroom. (It also made an excellent clothing rack during my "fat" years )
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/104/103

Height: 5'3.5"

I have a Total Gym and I absolutely love it!! The only space it takes up, is length wise. But it can be folded pretty flat and even shoved in a closet or under the bed if you want. I never do, though, cause I know the second it is out of sight..it is out of mind. So up it stays in my dining room.
Going4Lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #5  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My husband has a bow flex. Doesn't take up that much room. From what I gather it is easy to use and really does work fast at getting a person in shape with a good eating routine. I don't touch the thing. I swear every time I do I hurt myself lol. He says I am a klutz. I say the thing is cursed lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Talking A gym thingee and a trainer

I'm going to hire a personal trainer to show me the proper technique for using whatever I end up buying. I will get them to check me once a month for the first 3-4 months too.

It is really easy to injure yourself with improper technique. My DH and I were members in a gym where some local people ran it and there were basically no trainers. My DH injured his knee and wound up having minor surgery to correct it.

I can't really afford to be off work for any length of time so injuries are a no-no. I have worked hurt and it's no fun, for me or the dogs.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote