Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question almost at goal and starting to slack off

ARRGGHH!!!

I've read this from others on the site. I'm almost at goal - was literally 2 lbs. away earlier this week - and I've started to eat more .

Can't blame the DH for all of it (although he is partially responsible for the ice cream incident Fri. night ).

I'm also not afraid to lose the community once I get to goal 'cause I can still lurk/post here and I can meet a bunch of new people in maintainers.

And I have a lot of other things in life to keep me happy and busy and all that stuff, so why the heck did I go to the grocery store and buy 2000 cals worth of cookies and a big bag of Bridge Mix?

The irony here is that I couldn't even binge. Threw 5 of the 8 big cookies and more than half the Bridge Mix into the compost. My body is sooooo over bingeing it refuses to co-operate.

My brain needs a really good "kick in the butt" I guess.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

*sigh* Honestly I wish I knew why, b/c I do the same things. Somehow or other I've managed to get myself back on track this week but since the first of August I'd been doing exactly what you described. A few people here have mentioned self sabatogue and I wonder if that's it, but I don't know how it could be. I see no reason for wanting to do that.

I've been thinking a lot about this since the summer as I watch myself go through the same patterns of the scale going down some and then binging and having it go back up for a few months now. I'm sort of wondering for me, if it has more to do with the fear of getting to goal and still not having the hot body I want...so I just stay away from goal and whine that "if only I was at such and such a weight I'd be hot again". It's easier than being at that weight and still not liking what I see...b/c then I'd have no extra weight to blame it on. Does that make sense?

Oh, and sometimes I go to the grocery store and buy stupid stuff like that just b/c I'm hungry and didn't plan ahead for good meals. Then, once I have the junk in the house, my philosophy has always been I'll just eat it all and it'll be gone, then I start fresh tomorrow. I do NOT recommend that line of thinking *lol*.

Good luck and ((HUGS)), you're doing great!! You'll get there!!! If I can get my motivation back, you can too!
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you are doing an outstanding job . I am close to goal,too and am concerned about being able to maintain my loss. I know how to lose but don't know how to maintain.I plan to learn everything I can from successful mainainers. I know it can be done , but can I do it.? Dagmar,if you find out how, let me know.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/128/135

Height: 5'4 ¾

I have gained and lost more times than I can count in the past. I decided to analyze this yo-yo phenomenon in hopes to avoid the pitfalls this time around. One thing that stands out are the compliments during the progress: "Oh look at you. I can see the difference already." "I brought in donuts...oh that's right you're on your diet--good for you." "I wish I had your willpower." Then once you reach goal, the comments change. "Oh look at you--you can afford it--have another." "Oh girl please, you don't have to measure anymore. You're skinny now." I convinced myself the punishment was over and now it was time to celebrate. It always starts slow and before I know it, I'm back to square one (with a few extra squares, of course).

So this time I am tackling it differently--it's not about losing it for the moment but keeping myself healthy (physically and mentally) for life. The compliments are nice, but I am better than that, fat or skinny. So keep strong. If you slip one minute get back on track, ASAP. Don't think of pushing the cookies away as a punishment. Just stay armed with non-foods things you really like to do.
MaggieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I wish I could help but I also get so close to goal, but yet sooooo far when I start sabotaging myself when I get close... But yet I keep trying.... Thank goodness for 3FC !
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default thanks!

You're all right. I think it's just hard to wrap the brain around food as something other than reward/enemy/friend/comfort and accept it as just food. We think about it so much and deal with it so much that sometimes we just want it all to stop.

But it never does. Kinda like life.

Oh yeah, I'm finding shopping at the mall is a great incentive to not overeating. Something about being out in public trying stuff on in full length mirrors is quite motivating .

Although I'm having less success finding stuff that fits than I do online. However that means I'm not spending as much money on stuff .

Has anyone ever tried to eat healthily at a food court? I did manage to get a spinach and chicken salad with dressing on the side . Dried out chicken, wilted spinach, kinda mushy cukes . Took all of my willpower to keep my hands out of the guy beside me's New York Fries!

Dagmar (new christmas dress secured )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

I got a grilled chicken breast on whole wheat at Subway one day, with loads of veggies...and that was at a food court. Figured it couldn't be THAT bad right? Though what I really wanted was a large onion rings and mamma burger from A&W!! Damn it, now I want that! ARGH. *lol*
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote