Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #1  

Default need motivation

hi everybody...
i came across this site a while ago...it looked really interested...but i thought that i'll try losing weight and if i still cant ..then i will join 3FC as it will be admitting that i need help...which i do.

a little bit about me..i'm 27 and 30 lbs overweight.
i've always been on the heavier side...always been 15-20 lbs overweight no matter how much i exercised or ate (as compared to my sister who can eat anything in sight and still be skinny).

anyways i've decided enought is enough.

so now i exercise diligently
cardio and florr exercises-- 4 times a week).
weight training with a personal trainer -- 2 times a week.

but i havent lost a lb or an inch
i am where i was 2 months ago

i cook...so its easier to watch what i eat and try to keep my calorie intake to 1200 a day.

anyways...i can go on and on...

i'm slowly getting less and less motivated and feeling more and more helpless...!!!!

i even got my thyroid checked....
i am not sure if any of u'll have heard bout reverse T3. Traditionally endocrinologist check TSH, T4 and T3 in order to determine a thyroid problem. there are a few doctors though you check reverse T3

( more infoormation can be found at hormoneandlongevitycenter.com but clicking the "throid" tab)

anyways till i find a doctor in the bay area CA who is willing to maybe look into this or has heard bout it...i want to keep exercising, eating healthy but its hard to keep myself motivated.

my doctor suggested that maybe i can try meredia. i googled it..but there is so much information out there on the internet and not to many ways to validate the info.

does any one have some suggestions...??? i'd be more than happy to hear from you'll

thanks for reading this.
charrismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! We're glad you're here.
Hmmm ... I'm not sure my dear. How about if you post some menus or exercise routines (although I am impressed about the personal trainer). We can brainstorm your situation together.

Have you come across anything in your reading here at 3FC that's sounding interesting?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/124/110

Height: 5'1

hey! i can relate. when i starting my diet all was going pretty well and then almost immediatly i stopped seeing any type of result, for nearly a year i went to the gym 5 or 6 times a year and was very careful in what i ate. ie,plenty of protein, fiber, limiting my sugar and carb intake, but didn't lose any weight. it got to be very frustrating and i ending up falling off the wagon. however i din't gain anything really, but now that i'v gotten back on track, instead of losing weight i'v gained. so i definetly know what your talking about and feel your pain. i'v been trying to look into it, but no luck so far. if you find anything out would you mind letting me know? i can do the same for you if you'd like.
anyway, i know it's hard but hang in there. and even if you don't see much weight loss at least you can console yourself in the fact that your being healthy and getting into good shape.
good luck!!!!!
Shae15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default muscle vs fat

We all know that muscle weighs more than fat so, if you're working out diligently, you might not see any weight loss but you will definitely see an improvement in tone/inches lost etc. initially.

You also have to keep changing the workout to change the results.

And you might want to weigh the food/write down all of the calories you consume. I thought I was keeping to a 1400 calorie per day diet until I bought a calorie counter book and a scale. Turns out I was eating more like 2000 calories per day.

Dagmar (wiser and thinner now )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome

The other thing that crossed my mind when I read your post is to wonder (having never met you of course) if your goal is realistic for your body. Without any stats, it's just a guess, but I think a lot of us, particularly when we're young (like you, not me!) have a number on the scale fixed in our mind. Trouble is, that number isn't always realistic, taking into account our age, body type, fitness level, and "set-point".

For example, my wedding weight was 125. In theory, I'd love to weigh that again, but 13 years and 2 babies later, I've accepted that it's not very realistic. Even if I could get myself down to that, it would probably be too much effort to maintain. Even now, while 130 is my goal, I've decided to try to get to 135, maintain for a while there, and seriously evaluate whether I want to keep going, or if I'm happy there.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote