Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat for Oct. 1 - 7

A Monday and a new month!

New goals? Old ones redefined? Some tinkering with the eating and exercise? How are the challenges going? Let's update!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 AM   #2  

Thumbs up I'm backtracking

I've been letting myself maintain the past week, just because of time restrictions (and some sulking, I'll admit ).

So I'm still at 133 lbs. I'm going to take a real run at losing the last 3 lbs. before my vacation, which starts in exactly two weeks. Not because I feel fat or unattractive - I look great. Just because.

I'm going to write everything down again and count the calories up each day.
Same old, same old but it works for me.

Dagmar
Old 10-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i have been off plan for almost a month now, and scared to even approach the scale. i finally did this am and...i don't want to talk about it.

Needless to say today is the perfect day to begin again. Not only is it the first day of a new week, but a new month also.

i know i can do this. i KNOW i can. Just gotta want it bad enough.

SW: 250
CW: 162
GW: 155 ( starting with a smaller goal )
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

As for me, I was feeling quite good about myself on Friday (140.5) and somehow it went up to 142 on Saturday, 142.5 Sunday and finally 144 this morning. I didn't each (much) off plan, so I don't know what's going on. BUT I have had a great breakfast so far (egg whites and 1 Morning Star Farms sausage patty) and I have a great lunch (chicken Caesar salad with lite dressing). Dinner will be great as well--all OP. We'll see how long it takes to get back to 140.5 so I can finally get back into the 130's.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #5  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Operation Two Pounds is not going well. I was on plan all last week, except for one day where I was about 100 calories over. Over the weekend I was actually under plan. But this morning when I got on the scale, I was up one pound and it seems like my weight was trending upwards all last week. So I'm feeling very panicked and discouraged right now.

On a more cheerful note, I do have two new suits to wear to my conference next week and a fab new dress to wear when I introduce Chicago at our opening reception--all in sizes that are much smaller than what I ever thought I'd be able to wear.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Barbara - stick with it! The scales don't always register the loss right away.

Allison - You'll get down again. You've been doing great.

As for me, well, I am having a very very HUNGRY day. I hate that. Enough said.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 PM   #7  
rswlchic

S/C/G: 246/206.8/160

Height: 6'

Hello from Nashville,

The food is already started on a bad note. Had McDonalds for dinner after having salty sweet trail mix. Of course, I am up 4 lbs from last week.

So here's the plan for this week. Journal everything I eat.
Staying away from the sweets and the salty.

Working out won't be a problem as we know.
rswlchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #8  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
As for me, well, I am having a very very HUNGRY day. I hate that. Enough said.
So am I! I was so hungry during my workout I was literally shaking. I kid you not! Yet I've eaten my normal amount of food--all stuff I eat pretty regularly and usually am quite satisfied with. It must be something going around.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

hungry day here too and I really really hate that

I've had a good day and I plan to have a good month too... I hurt my knee squatting tonight :arg!!! I hope it gets better fast...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:53 AM   #10  

Default Hungry Monday!

ME TOO!!!

I guess because we're all so focused on starting again on Monday that we're all very consciously on plan? For me it's also undong whatever excess ( I'm not telling) happened on the weekend.

Barbara I think your body is really, really fighting you on those last two lbs. Shaking during your workout is not good . Take it easy!

Geans After Mickey D's and trail mix you're probably retaining water. Good plan with the journalling. You're very motivating to those of us who don't like to exercise so much.

Claire I've been trying to emulate you. Your posts always contain something positive. Hope today is less hungry!

Allison The weight will come off again. How is Buddy doing?

Hope we all feel fuller today

Dagmar
Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #11  
rswlchic

S/C/G: 246/206.8/160

Height: 6'

Off to a good start this morning. Ran 4 miles on the treadmill in the sweat box fitness room at the hotel. It was so hot in there I thought I would pass out but then I thought why not slow down my pace and take advantage of the heat. I imagine I burned a ton of calories.

Anyhow, it sounds like everyone had a rough Monday but we are all back on track. Have a great day all.
rswlchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #12  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Second day and going good. Will only weigh in once a week so i don't get discouraged.

SW:250
CW:162
GW:155 ( baby steps )
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
hungry day here too and I really really hate that

I've had a good day and I plan to have a good month too... I hurt my knee squatting tonight :arg!!! I hope it gets better fast...
Hope your knee's feeling better soon!

Dagmar
Old 10-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #14  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I'm with Ilene today. I've been looking at the clock for the last half hour, wondered when in the world it's going to be lunch time. I'm having leftover marinated & grilled chicken breast, a Honeycrisp apple, and a huge bunch of raw cauliflower. Yummm!

Scale said 133.5 this morning, which must be the lightest I've ever weighed as an adult. I expect to bounce back up a bit, but it's nice to have a bit of fudge room to my goal weight of 135.

I'm back on track at the gym, too. I worked out while we were on our mini-vacation in Phillie, but it's so much easier and more efficient to lift on the home turf. At the Ballys near our hotel, none of the clients bothered to rack their weights in the right spots (if they racked them at all), so each new exercise required a game of hide and seek to find the right dumbbells. Ah well, it just makes me appreciate my "home" gym.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I haven't had any hunger issues here--just those darn Tootsie Roll minis that keep floating around the office. Must.Stay.Away.

Dagmar~Buddy is doing just fine, thank you. He took about 2 weeks to heal and he hardly ate anything during that time. I was fixing him "satin balls" which are loaded with calories so he didn't have to eat much because of his tummy issues from the severe dizziness. He has just the slightest tilt of his head now (which the vet said would happen). His age is showing, though--he is losing some neurological control over his rear legs and often missteps and sometimes falls.

I went for my run this morning and that felt really good. I'm considering upping my running from 3 times per week to 4, although I don't relish having to get up early an extra morning each week! I can't wait for cooler weather so perhaps I can run after work.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote