Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #16  
rswlchic

S/C/G: 246/206.8/160

Height: 6'

Hello everyone,

I am new to 3FC. I have been perusing this website for a couple of days and finally decided to bite the bullet. I lost 77 lbs last year and came within 7 lbs of my goal and wouldn't you know it I sabbatoged myself. i started to get complacent with my excercising and totally relaxed with my eating. Here I am 20 lbs heavier than last spring. So my goal for the month of Sept is to get back to the healthy habits that helped me lose the weight in the first place. I really have no choice. I threw away all my fat clothes last summer so I would have to buy a whole new wardrobe again. (yikes!) Hopefully with a little encouragement from you guys. I can get back on track. You guys know what it's like to be right on the edge.
rswlchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
Hi rswlchic ... we're glad you're here and ... yes, we can help you with all that! But ... I, for one, am impressed with what you've done already!

September is as good a time as any to get back in the groove. Cooler days, the freshness of autumn in the air ... lovely local tomatoes
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

rswlchic

Yep, we all teeter on that edge a lot. Some of us (SusanB for example) are on the other side of our goal weight and some of us, like me, are still teetering on the "fat" side.

We're a fun bunch though and I hope we can cheerlead for you

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #19  

Morning Dagmar!
Old 09-04-2007, 11:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning!

Shopping yesterday was a bust. I didn't find anything that called for me to buy it. I need something new, too!

My run this morning was hot and uncomfortable, but we're anticipating a cooling trend (should be down to 100 by the end of the week).

The kids are off to school this morning. DD was excited, but I'm not too sure about DS. Friday, DD and I are traveling to Cal State Fullerton for a tour. DD wants to apply there.

That's it here. I ALC last night (cookies--aargh!) and my weight is up but it should come off quickly (as long as I lay off the wine LOL).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone

I'm back after taking a lot of the summer off from my dieting and what a mistake that was. I'm up 5 lbs.

Well I'm back on track today. I missed everyone here at 3FC. I must confess, I did lurk a couple of times to see what everyone was up to. I hope everyone had a good summer. As for me, apparently it was a good "eating" summer

rswlchic. This is a great place to get support with a lot of nice people.

Everyone have a great day
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #22  

Default A little OT ramble

Good to hear from you abbyin. back!

I just had my eyes examined and tested. The world is quite furry and in soft focus right now - kinda romantic except I'm alone with two middle-aged cats.

I had to give up one of "my" young dogs last week - unneuterred male who will be banished from the off-leash from now on - but I got another back. She is GREAT! I loved her owner's last dog but she was a real ruffian - ate my car, wrestled around in the back window with other dogs, etc. This one (Roxy) is terrific! Her owner went on mat leave last September (my the eye test seems to be affecting my typing) and I didn't really expect to ever see her again.

I am happy today even though it's kinda the Monday day of the work week. I am staying OP tonite even though it's going to be pretty boring with this soft focus thing happening. I have no cable TV right now (part of DH's weight loss program) and I can't read so I think I might sing to the cats for awhile. That should get them in a really ugly mood (I have two tin ears) - good thing the net doesn't have a voice capability yet. Although I suspect I would put you all "off your food"

Dagmar (temporarily blinded by the light)
Old 09-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #23  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Welcome rswlchic!

Welcome back abbyin!

Dagmar, it sounds like you had a dilated eye exam. I'm due for one of those. After my last one I went out to dinner and of course I couldn't focus on anything! That's great that you have Roxy!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:09 AM   #24  

Morning dears ... from the twilight zone ~~~~ someone who looks just like my husband ... went for a jog this morning~~~~ do do do do ~~~~

Good news on the birthday food front. Fully dressed with shoes on I was 126 yesterday. Not bad, not bad.

Once, just once, I forgot to take sunglasses with me to an eye examine ... oi ... weird. I never forget any more.

Hi abbyin!
Nic, how was the cottage?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
from the twilight zone ~~~~ someone who looks just like my husband ... went for a jog this morning~~~~ do do do do ~~~~
My DH loads up a gym bag 3 times a week with gear and goes to the gym to lift weights. Have we started a trend? How about everyone else? Is the DH, BF, etc. exercising and eating better?

Dagmar (back from the twilight)
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM   #26  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Good Morning!

I had a terrible night...couldn't sleep until about 3am, and then had to be up at 6:45 ugh. I hate it when that happens. I am having some general anxiety problems that I guess are keeping me up.

Dagmar - thanks for the ideas on how to warm up my parents/ILs on me wanting to eat more vegetarian! I'd never thought about having them make extra veggie dishes, but that would be really good in a multitude of ways...neither of them have anything close to healthy eating habits.

Susan - the cottage was wonderful!!!!!! I really really enjoyed lazing around in the sun, and poking my head into cute little shops in Tobermory. It was a gorgeous location too...cliff top patio overlooking the deep blue water of georgian bay...great place to watch boats. Also, we were only about 1K from the head of the bruce trail!

hmmm so is BF eating better/exercising because of me? I'd say that I've been a pretty good influence on him since we moved in together a year and half ago...he's eating more regularly now, and healthier meals usually. He was working out for a bit, but he quit...says he's going to start up again now that the fall is here. He is frustrating though...he's 5'4" and 115 lbs...so much smaller weight wise than me! He has the metabolism of a hummingbird...eats whatever he wants. BUT I always try to remind him, that just because he's skinny doesn't mean he's healthy.
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #27  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

abbyin!

So glad you are back, challenge buddy. I never lost more than that one pound I lost in July when I was so determined to get back to the progress and you, Ilene and Dagmar gave me a nudge! I did get back to ticker weight in July (remember I was up like 4 pounds?), then change ticker down that one pound, with much exultation, ! August was partially lost to me because of extended family healthcare needs with the stress, lack of time, etc. that that can bring. But I have maintained - just barely off ticker right now and it's TOM. Maybe a loss is around the corner. So I predict the same for abbyin and all of us! Back on track! September is the month!

Quitting smoking discussion - my dad quit after a quarter-century or so, and another quarter-century LATER his doctor told him there was just no evidence left that would clue any doctor in that he had been a smoker all those years. He is well into his 80s now and can walk miles at a time, enjoying life, many hobbies outdoors.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:40 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

I had a great OP day yesterday and plan to keep it up today . I even walked at the mall on my lunch hour .

Good for you Whittlin, getting back down to that ticker weight . Because of my little "vacation" this summer, I have a little ways to go. When I left, I was 143 so I have at least 5 lbs. to lose to get back there but I will do it .

Susan and Dagmar - It's great that you have husbands that are at least trying. My DH keeps saying he wants to lose weight and is going to work on it, but I don't see it happening. Oh well, I can't really push him into anything. When he's truly ready then he will do something about it. I do think he's getting close though.

Everyone have a great day
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hey, ya'll need to give me some hints on getting my DH moving!!! Sure, he eats well because he eats what I fix him. I can get him to eat a protein bar for breakfast (which is a step above his old routine of "nothing"). He eats the same lunch as I because I fix it 4 days a week. We eat the same dinners. BUT, he drinks too much Scotch and doesn't exercise. We go for a weekly 4-5 mile walk, but he thinks walking should be leisurely--you know, take your time, stop to talk to ALL the neighbors! It often takes us 1.5-2 hours! I used to do the exact same walk alone and I could do it in 50-60 minutes! I'd love it if he'd get up and run with me (or at least walk while I run)--it would make the run less frightening. Yes, it is frightening to be out there in the dark all alone (alone except with my not-so-ferocious Labrador!!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #30  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Hello everyone!

Just a couple minutes between meetings. The last meeting included lunch, and we had the most wonderful raspberry beets. Very simple: roasted beets, chilled and dressed in a raspberry vinaigrette with fresh basil. Oh so tasty, though. (I love beets, but DH/DS don't and they -- the beets, not DH/DS! -- tend to be too much trouble to cook just for myself.)

The rest of the lunch I could have done without: gloppy coleslaw and parmesan-covered pasta. Oh, I guess there was a fruit salad, of which I had two servings. Oink oink.

Off I go. A good afternoon to you all!

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote