Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Congrats Jen!!

You got down below your goal weight in a hugely stressful situation! Hope you get some GOOD news re school.

And this for your (almost) ex.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! I must remember to go back to that post of Claire's when I'm ready to build my lunch for work. Now THAT'S a salad!

I worked late and slept in. My morning is gonna be pretty short but I think I can go walking instead of doing housework
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Just checking in. Did my run this morning, but it wasn't what I was supposed to do for the c25k program. I'm going to repeat D2W5 on Thursday and hope to complete D3 on Saturday. That is the hurdle that will be hardest for me. W6 starts out easier and builds up to a hard day, too.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #19  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi to everyone - I did get in 55 mins of workout yesterday plus a few tummy moves last evening. ( <- tummy workout )

To Jen re: post on last week's thread - those are good friends (makes us feel better to know you have them nearby) and you are doing great, they have the right idea to just take care of you a bit in the evenings and get in a walk, too. Congrats on the ticker.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #20  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Default on plan at Olive Garden

I survived the Olive Garden today. My calories for the day came to about 1550 even with my Olive Garden lunch. I was able to plan ahead since I knew that my co-workers and I were going to eat there today.

I had a small breakfast (a banana and 2 plums) to save room for lunch. I didn't go crazy with the breadsticks like I used to. My lunch was the Venetian Apricot Chicken, which is grilled chicken breast, broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes in apricot citrus sauce. 328 calories total according to the restaurant's web site. It was the first time I had it and I enjoyed it.

I resisted dessert when 4 of my co-workers ordered it. There were 2 others who didn't have dessert, so I was glad I wasn't the only one.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:01 AM   #21  

Thumbs up Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
I survived the Olive Garden today. My calories for the day came to about 1550 even with my Olive Garden lunch. I was able to plan ahead since I knew that my co-workers and I were going to eat there today.

I resisted dessert when 4 of my co-workers ordered it. There were 2 others who didn't have dessert, so I was glad I wasn't the only one.
It 's so hard to eat out with other non-dieting people isn't it?

I wonder why more restaurants don't have fruit or some other lower calorie option for the dessert menu?

Dagmar
Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #22  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I find it pretty easy to stick to plan generally..but I doubt I would have the strength of will to survive The Olive Garden...or for that matter any Italian food type place. Oh the glory of cheese and sauce!

But, I do like salad and I find there's always some type of house salad available on (almost) any menu...I tend to stick to that....but then...food intake has never been that huge a problem for me....it's the sedentary lifestyle that does me in.

I need to hurry up and get the kids fed so I can get my workout done.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

GreenT - good job at Olive Garden -- I was given a gift certificate to Olive Garden recently, so now I know what to get! I haven't been there for 2-3 years! Good job turning down dessert too. Even when I'm out with my closest girlfriends, who are also 'supposedly' watching their weight, they always insist on ordering a couple of humongous gooey desserts - probably ones that have 800 cal or so in them! It irks me.

Allison - good luck with your runs this week. Sounds like you are enjoying the program, even though it's challenging.

Susan - Yes, I make monster 'kitchen sink' style salads. When my dinner is a big salad, I put a ton of stuff in it, but the calories are maybe 300 -- it's huge and filling. I may have to have one for dinner tonight too ...

Whittlin' - great job getting your cardio in. I'm not having a good exercise week, so more power to you!

Have a great day girls (Aqua has disappeared, so I think it's safe to say that -- guess he's at goal??)!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #24  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

alinnell I just did my D3W5 20 minute run this morning. I found it easy. I am loving it. I hope you find it as exhilarating as I did!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clykk View Post
alinnell I just did my D3W5 20 minute run this morning. I found it easy. I am loving it. I hope you find it as exhilarating as I did!
Good for you!!! I have decided to re-do D2 tomorrow and attempt D3 on Saturday. I may have to re-map my run because I might be going farther with that 20 minute stretch.

GreenT~I survived Olive Garden a couple weeks back. I ended up with the soup and salad combo with Minestrone. I was only going to eat 1 breadstick, but ended up eating two. Oops. But still within my calorie limits.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #26  

I was eating my salad one day at lunch and someone asked me "What all do you have in there?" I couldn't remember

My internet is painfully slow today. It's ruining my 3FC and make-up shopping fun!

I'm doin' all right with this week of evenings. I have had a good long walk/jog each morning so far. Eating is a bit spotty ... spotted with candy
Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #27  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
GreenT~I survived Olive Garden a couple weeks back. I ended up with the soup and salad combo with Minestrone. I was only going to eat 1 breadstick, but ended up eating two. Oops. But still within my calorie limits.
That's a good choice. 2 of my co-workers had that.

Dagmar - I agree with you about dessert menus. There's a local restaurant here with a bowl of fresh strawberries on the menu. More restaurants should have options like that.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #28  

Lightbulb Juice instead of other stuff

I'm finding that the unsweetened cranberry juice is a good way to fill up without a bunch of calories and to also increase my water intake.

I'm usually starving by dinner time but a large glass of cranberry juice, water and lotsa ice is now getting me through and taking the edge off the hunger.

Dagmar
Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 AM   #29  

Good morning. How about a rambling post from Susan who is tired from working evenings and should be walking but is sitting at the computer instead?

I cheaped out yesterday and thought I'd try taking cut up zone bars to work with me instead of lunch. Um .. no ... bad idea. Bars, cookies, a handful of candy and into the chips when I got home. I felt like a bad kid. Sweets, chocolate, more sweets and more chocolate. I'll make a salad today.

I've been thinking about having a 'multi-part' plan for a few weeks now and I'm not sure if I've ever posted my thoughts. If I have, please forgive me. Now that I am going to ramble on about it ... please forgive me.
If I was only calorie counting, I would most certainly have more bad days than good days. I would find that incredibly discouraging and would probably be back up to 150 lbs by now.
Since there are four parts to my plan, there is very seldom a day that I'm perfectly on-plan. However, there's also a better chance that I can do something right. Just one thing. And then I'm not horribly off-plan, right?
I am a bit wistful that I haven't lifted for several days and my eating is neither less nor clean but ... I am walking.
Did that make sense? It's a mindgame, I know. But it works for me.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #30  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Makes sense to me, Susan.

I post with another group that use the WEED four part plan:

W - Water intake
E - Eating
E - Exercise
D - Daily affirmation and daily goal

I have found it so helpful to review my progress so far. If I only looked at my eating, I could feel quite discouraged, as I am seldom OP as accurately as I shoot for. But, my water intake is GREAT now, I have 64 oz. a day, no matter what kind of day I'm having. That is a change for the better. Also, I am exercising regularly. Another positive change that seems to remain the same no matter what my mood eating-wise. The Daily Goal has helped me eliminate some poor eating choices slowly over time. I used to drink a Chai Latte every day at 3 PM. I don't do that anymore. I used to grab for a chewy bar when I was hungry instead of veggies. I no longer do that.

Hears to hoping you all smoke some WEED today! It's a real high!!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote